• I only use e-cigs where I can't use analogs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olddaddy

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
Chicago
WOW! 78.18% out of 87 votes so far have COMPLETELY QUIT with e-cigs! I wonder if any of the NRT's have that kind of success rate?

I think it's great the another 20.69% have cut down too!

I started this out of curiosity, but I'm really surprised at the numbers!
I am amazed by these responses also.

I just started a week ago and smoking over 2 packs a day, now down to under 5 a day. I have been told by a doctor that a couple a smokes a day isn't really smoking so I consider myself as having quit for a week.

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
I tried 4 drags off an analog 5 days after starting e-cigs and it was like smoking a dirty sock! It was absolute yuk, yuk! I haven't had the desire to pick up another since! I smoked for almost 30 years and have been tobacco free for 4 weeks this Tuesday.

My father who had smoked all his life (he's 84) has been tobacco free 4 weeks this Thursday! That is a miracle right there! He always enjoyed smoking and figured why quit since he was so old. Now he doesn't feel like he has, nor do I, because all the aspects of our habit are being satisfied with the e-cigs.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
after snoking 40 cigs a day for 45 years,
I started using my e-cig,
on day 5 of using my e-cig
I smoked my last tobacco cigarette.

I had a puff on my son's ... one day
around a month ago,
and nearly threw up, it tasted disgusting.

I sit with people who are smoking real tobacco cigs
and they smell awful,
I have no desire to have one,
I have found my Bliss,

I LUV MY 801 USB MANUAL SWITCH,

Bless you David Yang......
I am smoke free forever.

I wish gov agencies would take notice of our success rates of quitting burning tobacco.

Di ...........

I am completely an e-smoking advocate. I quit after less than a week with an e-cig.. BUT

We cannot look at the numbers in this poll and be amazed. If someone is still posting on this site.. it is likely that this is because e-cigs were a success for them. People who were not successful and no longer posting here. If we wanted an accurate poll like this.. we would need to get email addresses from distributors and write emails to people who have BOUGHT e-cigs and see how many still use them EXCLUSIVELY and even THEN... we would need to consider that only people who WANT to quit analogs or feel they are a hassle would buy an e-cig in the FIRST place! We would also have to consider how many got defective products or didn't know how to use them and gave up. And so... it would be quite difficult to do an accurate study on how effective e-cigs are. Just my 2 cents.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I think you make a good point there Spikey. I'll bet there's a bunch who started vaping, found it wasn't for them, and just never came back. It certainly doesn't work for everyone.

On the other hand, there's probably a bunch who it has worked well for but have moved on with life and don't really visit here anymore to respond. So who knows? But that is a good point.

Lu

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Within three days of getting my first e-cig, I was through with analogues :D

Never thought I would say that as smoking is like part of my identity or something! LOL My boss still can't believe it!

Went from smoking 2-3 packs a day on average to none at all. Never intended to quit by the way, just got one so I could "smoke" at the airport for my next biz trip :) Ended up quitting regular old nasties completely by accident!

People used to ask me why I wouldn't even TRY to quit smoking... my response was always "I'm no quitter! I'll never quit!" etc, etc...

Feel much MUCH better already and its only been about 10 days!

Rita

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Spikey- This is not a scientific poll.

I started it just out of curiosity for those of us that are here now. I know that NRT's in general have a low success rate and I also know there are others that have given up vaping for various reasons, and are not around to offer their input. I was just curious how many here had completely quit or cut down using e-cigs.

I am amazed at the results so far! I am also proud of all of us who have eliminated as much as 1 cigarette from our lives!

Spikey- This is not a scientific poll.

I started it just out of curiosity for those of us that are here now. I know that NRT's in general have a low success rate and I also know there are others that have given up vaping for various reasons, and are not around to offer their input. I was just curious how many here had completely quit or cut down using e-cigs.

I am amazed at the results so far! I am also proud of all of us who have eliminated as much as 1 cigarette from our lives!

I agree completely... it is amazing that so many people who tried so many times and ways to quit analogs for SO many years were able to do it! (Myself included!)

I was just putting out some suggestions on ways to get better data so that maybe when they start doing better research on it.. we will already have some of it done. Maybe I will write up some research proposals and see if I can get some of the suppliers to contribute some finances and we can get IRC board approval somewhere and we could do the studies ourselves? I wouldn't mind doing the usage/quitting studies.. but we need an MD to do the health effects/secondhand effects studies.

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
This is an outstanding result... However my concern lies in the safety of our alternative... It has proven to be "the" alternative...true...Yes it most likely is a lesser of an evil, but we don't even know that.. we are lab rats in a cage. for all we know one tiny fragment of the chrome from the coil gets into your lungs and your causing cancer worse then smoking it. We just dont know.

Silver

ɹǝʌןıs
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2008
New Zealand
Started vaping in February 2008 and come May I will have been completely analog free for a year ! Like others, I had no intention to quit, but it just happened and I'm overjoyed and grateful for it !

I'm already anticipating with much glee the effect being analog free for one year is going to have on my health and life insurance premiums :w00t: !

Cheers,
Silver

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
There is no doubt that these devices are great for getting off tobacco. As long as i have ecig supplies i don't have that need for an analog. Recenty after a month of vaping with no analogs at all i run out of supplies and was back on the analogs after 2 days.
The result i'd like to see is how many people have been able to go to 0nic. That is my long term goal, i'm already vaping a lot less than when i started. Also i have begun mixing down my juice so i guess i'm vaping probably 9mg nic instead of 18 or 24. I can see myself getting down to the 0 level eventually.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
I quite unintentionally quit analogs, pretty much at my first vape. I never meant to - I just thought it looked like a neat gadget that might help out in no-smoking situations.

I've been a heavy pipe smoker for 10-15 years, and about 15 years before that on cigarettes.

It's not just an acceptable substitute - it's better. Quite simply, it's how smoking ought to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread