• I've cut down on analogs use with e-cigs

• I only use e-cigs where I can't use analogs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mojorisin

Mar 14, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I AM A NICOTINE ADDICT (It's something that I have come to terms with). I was 2 packs a day for 10 years.

I tried the e-cig (after many failed cold turkey attempts) because I actually enjoy smoking. The only thing I didn't enjoy was feeling like a leper in public and smelling like an ashtray.

The e-cig is a true, have your cake and eat it too, device. I now find the taste and smell of analogs off-putting but get to enjoy the act of "smoking" without all the negatives and satisfying my addiction.

I am scared to death that the product will be banned, because I don't want to go back to a smelly death sentence.

**Off analogs 2 months** Girlfriend couldn't be happier and she rewards me often.

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
It's been 8 days since I received my first PV, and it's been 8 days since I smoked my last analog. Nothing else over the last 18 years has worked. The second longest I've ever went without a cigarette has been 2 days, and that was the longest 2 days of my life. These last 8 days, no issues whatsoever. I plan on making some 0-nic juice this weekend, because I truly believe most of my addiction is to the act of smoking. I love the act, but just hated the consequences of it.

Ivisi

ISAWHIM

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
www.isawhim.com
There is a missing answer...

"I was not able to quit, and no longer use an electronic vaporizer."

Those numbers don't tell you anything if you don't have all the participants. Though they will confirm that people still using an electronic vaporizer, have been able to quit.

(Remember, the one who have not quit YET, are the ones still smoking. So, it will also how you where everyone stands today... "On the early trail to quiting", or "On the late trail to quiting", or "Have already quit".)

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
There is a missing answer...

"I was not able to quit, and no longer use an electronic vaporizer."

Those numbers don't tell you anything if you don't have all the participants. Though they will confirm that people still using an electronic vaporizer, have been able to quit.

(Remember, the one who have not quit YET, are the ones still smoking. So, it will also how you where everyone stands today... "On the early trail to quiting", or "On the late trail to quiting", or "Have already quit".)

Maybe, but my initial goal was to find out how many had actually quit with e-cigs and not how many hadn't.

texaslady

Apr 19, 2009
USA - TX
I have smoked analogs for 40 years and was up to 2.5 or 3 packs a day - horrible. Sometimes at night when I would lay in bed I could tell my breathing was very shallow. I know/knew it's killing me.

Got my 801 BE112 2 days ago and what a difference! I still haven't found the exact right flavor, but I have enough stuff on order to get my act together on the flavor, I think.

Anyway, have smoked VERY few analogs in the past 3 days - maybe 5 of them, vs 7 to 9 packs in that same length of time before the ecig.

It's amazing, a miracle for me!!

And for everybody worried about the ban on ecigs, not to worry. A black market would open up. We will have a way to get what we need, I'm positive of that!

Love this forum!

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I have smoked analogs for 40 years and was up to 2.5 or 3 packs a day - horrible. Sometimes at night when I would lay in bed I could tell my breathing was very shallow. I know/knew it's killing me.

Got my 801 BE112 2 days ago and what a difference! I still haven't found the exact right flavor, but I have enough stuff on order to get my act together on the flavor, I think.

Anyway, have smoked VERY few analogs in the past 3 days - maybe 5 of them, vs 7 to 9 packs in that same length of time before the ecig.

It's amazing, a miracle for me!!

And for everybody worried about the ban on ecigs, not to worry. A black market would open up. We will have a way to get what we need, I'm positive of that!

Love this forum!

Your story is very similar to mine. I got my e-cig the middle of Dec and used it to cut down for 2 weeks till New Years Eve. I have not had an analog this year. (YAY!)

Good luck with finding your fav flavor. Experimenting with different ones is the fun part. My Fav changes from week to week.

And congradulations on your success so far! :)

firdaddy

Apr 16, 2009
Dickinson TX
wow i just voted and i think the poll speaks for itself, its amazing how easy of a transition it is going from analogs to pv's, and now that i use a pv instead i like it 100x better than any analog.. but of course there's a learning curve using a pv as opposed to a analog, but then again it takes a little time to get completely used to a analog as well:)

dijohn76

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Cascade,MT
I am another one of these that "accidently" quit. I was extremely ticked off over the latest tax increase and my very antismoking mother said why don't you look at one of the electronic cigarette things if you don't want to pay the taxes? I immediately googled and started researching, found a starter kit in town, came home, charged it up and the rest, as they say, is history.
I have been a 2.5 to 3 pack/day smoker for 37 years. From the first puff it has satisfied my psychological, or oral fixation, if you will, like nothing else. After the first week I realized it wasn't even the nicotine, it was the whole procedure of "smoking". For the last 3 weeks I have made my own 0 nictoine fluid and am still doing great.
My mother loves them, invites me to "smoke" in her house, and says she doesn't smell anything, other than occasionally the faint scent of whatever flavor I am using. She has run around town recommending them to anyone that will listen and telling them to call me for any questions.:D

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
The day I got my e cigs I vaped and smoked. THe very next day I vaped exclusively. I can't believe how lucky I am to have found the e-cig! I've been smoking since I was 15 when I actually succumbed to peer pressure (Oh, just smoke it. .. you scared?). ugh. I was smoking about three packs a day. Sometimes more a bit, hardly ever less.

My photographer friend used to take pictures of me and once he asked me to pose with cigs. And, I said "why? I don't want pictures of me with cigarettes" and he said, "Kendra, that's how everyone thinks of you-- holding a cigarette." I was really distraught when I lit up the next time.

Last edited:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
After 20 years of smoking and trying gum, patches, inhalers, hypnotism, etc., I quit smoking anaolgs after 2 days with an RN4081.

The most amazing thing is that I have 3 packs of cigarettes in the house and car that I haven't touched for 6 days. If that doesn't demonstrate the value of these things, I don't know what will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread