Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
The day I received my Vapor King was the day I stopped smoking analogs.

I had 6 cigarettes left, and I didn't want to buy another carton, and there it was, in the mail.

After 40+ years of smoking, this is nothing less than a miracle for me...
My plan was to wean myself off of the analogs, and glad my plan was a bust.

No withdrawal, no irritability; just plain excitement and gratefulness that I had finally found PV.

jova3

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
El Paso currently
Note because I've only cut down. I was hoping to quit smoking analogs all together, but there just times throughout the day that I just want a real cigarette. Mornings my throat is usually sore from e-cigs, and a real cig goes down smoother.

So I went from smoking 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day to about 5 analog cigarettes a day. Dramatic improvement for me. I actually feel better. When I run, my lungs seem to take in more air.

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
My photographer friend used to take pictures of me and once he asked me to pose with cigs. And, I said "why? I don't want pictures of me with cigarettes" and he said, "Kendra, that's how everyone thinks of you-- holding a cigarette." I was really distraught when I lit up the next time.

omg I swear I had a photographer friend who did the same thing to me too and that was my same reaction!!!

I was smoking since my teens and no one could really picture me as anything else but "The Marlboro Girl"

ozrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's been over a month and my partner and I both quit immediately. I smoked for 20+ years averaging 2 packs a day. I must say that every once and a while I still crave the analog. I normally just top off and vape through it!

We are advocating to get alot of our friends who smoke to quit. So far we've converted 2 of them off analogs all together- both pack a day smokers for many years.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
I got my njoy about mid Feb. and initially cut down from about 24 a day to 6. I got worried about using my e-cig too much (I didn't want the atomizer to die on me!) so I've let my old analog habit creep back up to about 12 a day. At that point I thought if I was ever going to quit I better get some back up supplies so I ordered a DSE901 and yesterday I found a notice from the post office that they had tried to deliver a registered package but no one was home. Since I'm not waiting on anything else, it has to be my new e-cig! I pick it up tomorrow. Now I feel like I might get a good enough consistant TH to be able to leave the cigarettes behind for good. And I'll always have a back up with my njoy. Can't wait to try it!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I got my njoy about mid Feb. and initially cut down from about 24 a day to 6. I got worried about using my e-cig too much (I didn't want the atomizer to die on me!) so I've let my old analog habit creep back up to about 12 a day. At that point I thought if I was ever going to quit I better get some back up supplies so I ordered a DSE901 and yesterday I found a notice from the post office that they had tried to deliver a registered package but no one was home. Since I'm not waiting on anything else, it has to be my new e-cig! I pick it up tomorrow. Now I feel like I might get a good enough consistant TH to be able to leave the cigarettes behind for good. And I'll always have a back up with my njoy. Can't wait to try it!

If you find that the throat hit from the 901 is still weak, try holding your finger over the atomizer hole for a second as you inhale, then let up and continue to inhale. This heats up the atomizer more, similar to a manual switch. It made it better for me. Then I switched to the screwdriver and really found a great PV and made the 901 my back up.

toki smoki

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Monterey Park, CA
My gf and I have been vaping for 2 months now. She's been analog-free ever since. I still reach for an analog or 2 at work. I have a high stress job and the analog helps me calm down.
Ironically, my gf smoked twice as much analogs as I did!
The best thing about our vaping is that our house doesn't stink and my friends have told me that I don't stink. gee thanks, I said.
Its been a success nonetheless.

VapeApe

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Northern Virginia
Its been three months since I have had any type of tobacco product. I used to smoke 1 to a pack 1/2 of marlbro reds a day and smoked for 20+ years. I had tried Chantrix, the patch, the gum, cold turkey, nothing worked for me until ecigs. Id say they work well for some people that are addicted to more than just the nicotene in tobacco, for me it satisfies the inhaling, the manual part, and the ritual part of smoking. YMMV

pbunny

Apr 16, 2009
Kansas
Well, I'm a fairly new member here, but I thought I'd chime in anyways. Since buying my e-cig I have completely given up analogs. It's been about 2 weeks so far, but before that (even with all the different smoking cessation products and drugs I had tried), I had never manage to last more than 4 days without an analog. Since getting my e-cig, I only smoked a total of 1 1/2 analogs, which was in the first week. Once when my batteries were both dead, and then once when I felt like there was something missing. But, I did some research and figured out it was just the way I was trying to inhale lol. Now that I got that part down, I haven't had a craving for an analog at all, and the smell of them actually disgusts me. I finally feel free! :)

Sero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Spa City, AR
I've been analog free for nearly a month now. There were some nights along the way where I did not feel like bringing my e-cig along to social situations because I knew a lot of people were going to ask me about it and the "wtf" looks I got from some people put me on edge. Nowadays though I actually enjoy going out and explaining the device to people, and it has worked as a great ice breaker for me in certain situations. :hubba:

Kimpetuous

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Dever
Not to sound like a broken record, but I am unintentional quitter as well. Pack and a half a day for the last 15 years. Some days much more. I bought an NPRO with the goal of cutting my analog comsumption in half. From the first time I used the e-cig, I knew I was finished with smoking.

My issue with quitting analogs had always been my inability to deny myself something I really want. Now I don't have to.

I can have my cake and "smoke" it too. ;)

I couldn't be happier!

I love this forum and I love reading everyone's stories. We rule!

alisonation

Apr 26, 2009
Nine days since I got my e-cigarette and I have had only two whole cigarettes and about two puffs of another. I had one cigarette each the first two days, then none for another three or four days, then got a craving, lit up a few days ago, took two puffs, and was so grossed out by the taste that I put it out. I felt bad for caving in, but in the end I was glad because it made me realize I don't enjoy analogs anymore.

For me it was kinda like switching brands, which I'd done before when I switched from menthol to non-menthol: at first, it doesn't feel right, like you're missing something, but once you get used to it, going back is really unpleasant.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
C'mon people: almost 9000 members and just 350 answering this poll doesn't show much dedication to get those e-cigs accepted and legal - we need data like this to help our cause!

Just like we need 10-second video's for IGetcha, and longer video's for Rat-in-da-Hat, also. Please lets do what we can, all of us! And thanks to all that are allready doing what they can. :)

Last edited:
Ok, I'll throw in my 2 cents as a first time poster. I got 2 DSE901's in January, and have cut down considerably, but always had issues with liquid , or batteries, or atomizers... I have not cut out analogs completely, although that is my goal at this point. My wife likes to "stockpile", think hurricanes in south Florida, my cupboard is overflowing in the summer with food. I blame her as my enabler as far as stockpiling hardware and liquid :)

I do enjoy the e-cig more than an analog, and now that I have boatloads of batteries and attys, an SD and 35 gallons of liquid (ok, not really), I think it will make it easier.

So I apologize ahead of time for single handedly causing a shortage of supplies :) On the bright side, I think I can go 18-24 months without buying anything else.

Bill

mysticalman

Apr 20, 2009
I found it was really easy to switch over.

The first couple of days I had to try the waters and see if everyone was right about analogs tasting like sh*t.

They were right and I have been enjoying my ecig every since!

The first couple of days I kind of missed analogs, but found if I took a few nice big vapor hits would curb my analog craving.

Now I am 100% analog free and it feels great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread