E-Cigarette Law Suits Being Made Easy

Discussion in 'Legislation News' started by Chris From Cali, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Chris From Cali

Chris From Cali Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2008
    Riverside, CA USA
    More fun for us

Full Story Here: E-Cigarette Law Suits Being Made Easy / / Class Actions Can Be Filed or Joined by Purchasers

2. puffin-away

puffin-away Full Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Romford UK
    So I can sue TECC for making me healthier,but i can't sue Camel for getting me addicted in the first place.

3. jj2

jj2 Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    That's the way things are today.8-o

4. P3rplexity

P3rplexity Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    Texas
    First one to sue one of our suppliers..... gets their ... kicked.

Deal?

5. Symmetric

Symmetric Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2009
    Dallas, GA, USA
    absolutely.

6. JohnandMe

JohnandMe Full Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
  7. Chris From Cali

Dec 20, 2008
    Riverside, CA USA
    Count me in as well!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read the FDA study was incomplete correct? If so I would imagine the case wouldn't hold up well in court. This is something I think Sun could probably elaborate on.

8. cerios

cerios Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2009
    Ohio,USA
    It would be interesting to find out how many people are involved in this suit and why they would do that, other than the obvious $$$$

9. PlanetScribbles

PlanetScribbles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    Londinium, Brittania
    That a.s.s. guy really sucks the wiener. Yeah, i'm sure we are going to turn on the hand that feeds us ... not.
    That may be in his repetoire, being the disgusting turncoat sell-out pork belly that he obviously is, but it sure as diddly isn't in the most decent people's plans.

10. VictoryNotVengence

VictoryNotVengence Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2009
    USA
    this is suspect, if this were true it would be on a bigger website than the one its on. I've never even heard of that place. It would have been bigger news. I think that is a lie.

11. Chris From Cali

Dec 20, 2008
    Riverside, CA USA
    I suspect this could be another scare tactic. Either way I think if we all stick togeather we can battle guys like this.

12. ladysolitary85

ladysolitary85 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2009
    California
    I betcha its a scare tactic too!

13. Canute

Canute Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

"To file a law suit, a purchaser need not have suffered any medical or other problem"........"The legal actions filed to date have contended that sellers of c-cigarettes have violated consumer protection statutes by engaging in unlawful, unfair or fraudulent practices and unfair, deceptive, untrue or misleading advertising."

So essentially anyone looking to make a buck can jump on the lawsuit wagon with nothing more than the second quote being the basis!!

How about this.......IF the FDA successfully bans vaping then the one million vapers (number I've heard quoted but believe is much larger by now) get together and sue the living hell out of the FDA under the exact same basis!!! Except we can add damages due to pain and suffering (health) from our being forced to return to analogs, lost wages for the years taken off our lives (which those calculations are abundant thanks to the many anti-smoking groups who did those studies with funds provided by pharmaceutical companies), pain and suffering for immediate family/co-workers exposed, property damage, etc...etc...etc... If enough of us got together not only do I think such a case would hold water but if the FDA couldn't provide legitimate scientific data to support their condemnation of e-cigs then I think they'd come out looking like the corrupt agency which they are. Honestly I think the ECA needs to start getting signatures from all of us and have their attorneys issue a cease and desist order against the FDA citing all of us as the potential plaintiffs to be involved in future legal action if they continue without providing the scientific evidence for their condemnation! I have been reading everything I can get my hands on from the FDA's actual report, CDC toxicology reports on individual chemicals, scans of documents from the late 70's showing that DEG was actually an additive in tobacco for the purpose of keeping it moist in those days, interviews with physicians....you name it and I've read it and have recently been compiling all the sources. If there were ever a more clear case of government corruption in support of special interest and tax revenue I've never seen it!! One in five Americans stand to benefit directly from e-cigs and the rest benefit indirectly through decreased second hand smoke, fire danger and litter....yet the agency that claims to exist to "Promote the public health.." spews this nonsense???!!! While I doubt the FDA would care about the potential financial aspects they may care about being discredited as an agency after it came to light that they turned their back on 45 million people fighting an addiction to tobacco as well as all those effected around them!

Too tired to eloquently express my level of disgust in our government. :evil:

14. marlboro_man

marlboro_man Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hello All,

What a diabolical liberty

Whatever happened to

"THE LAND OF THE FREE"​

15. Krakkan

Krakkan Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    After reading that suit I know Banzaf wrote that I can see all of his rhetoric in it the funny part is the part stating that SE is unfair to other smoking cessation products -- seeing how ASH receives millions from Pharmaceutical companies I'm sure he had to throw that in there.

16. The_janty_Misfit

The_janty_Misfit Full Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    New York City
    Someone mentioned beating up whoever joins in on a class-action suit against e-cig manufacturers. Someone else mentioned how you couldn't sue the tobacco companies. That guy actually missed the boat: the class-action against the tobacco companies has come and gone.

As it went, it provided the funds needed for state governments to appropriate the tobacco settlement money to shore up their finances when the money was originally earmarked to help defray smoker's eventual health costs *and* they provided the money to 'help you quit' by bombarding you with all those charming spots reminding you that lung cancer, heart disease etc, etc ad nauseam, were caused by smoking (those really improved your life, didn't they?).

Instead of all this talk about beating up people you can't find or starting suits that have already been settled, let's explore a new and different possibility. We are a community of people affected by the actions of the U.S. Government. Therefore, we are a class that is being injured by the FDA. Doesn't it make sense to have *US* sue the FDA as a class? The worst thing that could happen would be media attention.

If I were a lawyer, I'd be sharpening my knives right now. I would file the papers *tomorrow*.

What do YOU think?

17. Slighter

Slighter Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2009
    Chicago Illinois
  18. 535cheetah

535cheetah Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    Fenton, michigan

im always down for a lil jay and silent bob type road trip/beat down lmao

19. PlanetScribbles

PlanetScribbles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    Londinium, Brittania
    Has anyone looked at the source code for that page?

That is quite an agenda for someone that uses Microsoft Frontpage as a definitive HTML editor lmao
    Looks like a freshman put it together from a standard template

20. Caesarea

Caesarea Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2009
    UK
    What is "potty parity"? That sounds like a bummer!

And how would it be measured?

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.