E-Cigarettes Found to Have 10 times More Cancer Causing Ingredients than Regular Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My sister shared this to me on facebook today.

Any truth to this?

If a Person is Willing to Constantly Inhale Dry Hits that has a Coil Wire Temperature that is High Enough to Ignite the Cotton Wick, then Yes, an e-Cigarette can emit some Very Nasty Chemical Compounds.

"The researcher Naoki Kunugita said: “In one brand of e-cigarette the team found more than 10 times the level of carcinogens contained in one regular cigarette. Especially when the wire (which vaporizes the liquid) gets overheated, higher amounts of those harmful substances seemed to be produced.”

Kunugita also added that the levels of the formaldehyde carcinogen varied in the final results."

But for the Temperature that we use them for, NO... This is Not True.

You should Break the Link to this Article. Because it is Extremely Skewed. And way the Research was able to Produce the Harmful Substances are not Realistic to the way We use e-Cigarettes.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa

https:// somediy. net/ e-cigarettes-found-to-have-10-times-more-cancer-causing-ingredients-than-regular-cigarettes/

Any truth to this?

zoiDman is correct. More junk and fodder for the ANTZ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015

https:// somediy. net/ e-cigarettes-found-to-have-10-times-more-cancer-causing-ingredients-than-regular-cigarettes/

Any truth to this?

Which cancer-causing-ingredients? Because cigarettes have hundreds if not thousands... Formaldehyde? You need to burn your ejuice if you want to inhale some in your vapor...

You'll find hundreds of references demonstrating otherwise. I am sure that your sister loves you so educate her about the benefit of vaping over smoking.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
From https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...mmissioned_by_Public_Health_England_FINAL.pdf

"Two recent worldwide media headlines asserted that EC use is dangerous. These were based on misinterpreted research findings. A high level of formaldehyde was found when e-liquid was over-heated to levels unpalatable to EC users, but there is no indication that EC users are exposed to dangerous levels of aldehydes; stressed mice poisoned with very high levels of nicotine twice daily for two weeks were more likely to lose weight and die when exposed to bacteria and viruses, but this has no relevance for human EC users. The ongoing negative media campaigns are a plausible explanation for the change in the perception of EC safety (see Chapter 8). None of the studies reviewed above alter the conclusion of Professor Britton’s 2014 review for PHE. While vaping may not be 100% safe, most of the chemicals causing smoking-related disease are absent and the chemicals that are present pose limited danger. It had previously been estimated that EC are around 95% safer than smoking [10, 146]. This appears to remain a reasonable estimate."

Reactions: Katmar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread