"BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only." :(

There is a free app for iPad/iPhone...

I no longer own any iDevices.

iDo but I get this...

image.png

And when I change stores I get this...

image.png

:(

Hopefully it will make its way to YT, sounds like something I'd like to see.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Mostly impressed with the positive bent of this documentary. However I was annoyed by the fact that it did give in to journalisms penchant for sensationalism when it came to the Vapers that they showed. Other than the host it seemed that EVERY Vaper shown was a cloud glutton. This 'exhibition of excess' did nothing to enhance the general publics perception of vaping.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio

ryanw7196

Nov 15, 2015
Really disappointed with the visual portrayal of vapers in the first few minutes, reminds me more of an episode of Gangland than people who are trying to quit smoking. Were mothers, fathers, everyday working people, were not all menacing looking people sitting in bars blowing huge clouds and drinking cocktails surrounded by darkness and black lights.

And also the imagery of the dropper being used to fill a tank honestly reminded me of the way you would see a ...... syringe displayed in a documentary. Cannot stand the stigma!

I will watch the rest and get the full scope, and I am sure it will have a positive outlook in the larger picture, but that opening sequence just really made me upset and I had to vent.

Reactions: DC2 and LaraC

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Yes, interesting that they gave the control group basic equipment, and then snagged a couple of cloud bros. for the air test.

I'm betting that poor fella with throat cancer was the drop out from the group. He probably needed more firepower than whatever they gave him to use.

Reactions: element77

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Ditto on the cloud bros. What I found disturbing is why didn't they do a sputum check for macrophage (WBC) count pre and post on all smokers. That result would have been interesting. Did the count go up, stay the same or down? IMO that would have been more helpful. Airway resistance improved so one would assume the inflamation decreased.Just my humble opinion-conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread