E-cigs at 7-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwstryker

May 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Anyone having problems with burnt atty taste? It seems to happen more when I use aftermarket e-juice. I love how these things vape (4 times the vapor and throat hit than my 901) but I can't figure out why all 3 atomizers I have started to have a burning smell/taste. I made a metal cart mod with hope that the burning flavor would go away, but it seems more like failed atties. I'm considering buying another e-cig that's compatible with 7-11's batteries to see if I get the same problem...I really want to use my metal cart mod with an atty that lasts :
YouTube - Metal Cart Mod (Xhale o2 E-Cig from 7-11)

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
You could extend the outer cartridge using some tubing from Home depot. Cut the orange cartridge in half and connect both halves (.5" - .75" gap) with the tubing. It should be a tight enough fit. The cartridge halves fit inside the tubing. Then you can increase the length of the inner metal tube and fill with even more juice. I used clear tubing and boiled it to remove most of the plasticy smell. If the tubing is too loose, use small zip ties.

Last edited:

bwstryker

May 28, 2010
Los Angeles
You could extend the outer cartridge using some tubing from Home depot. Cut the orange cartridge in half and connect both halves (.5" - .75" gap) with the tubing. It should be a tight enough fit. The cartridge halves fit inside the tubing. Then you can increase the length of the inner metal tube and fill with even more juice. I used clear tubing and boiled it to remove most of the plasticy smell. If the tubing is too loose, use small zip ties.
Great idea! The important thing is that I don't feel like I'm smoking plastic--right now I get about 6 drops out of the metal cart. Reguarding the burning atties, I took two of them into 7-11 and the manager said he'll call Xhale and see how he should replace them...I'll keep you updated because it's possible they'll give me two whole new kits. I had figured they'd keep replacement atties and batteries behind the counter but we'll see. When these e cigs work, they are awesome.

Amblerg

May 14, 2010
Philly burbs
This is how I kinda got into e-cigs. They had these disposable e-cigs at my local bodega (indian gas & corner store), it said 200 puffs. only $10, so I got two.

they were nice. until I found the provape pv1, it was like going from an old vw beetle with 250,000 miles on it burnin oil n all to a new mercedes c55 amg. from olde english malt liquor to champagne.
the PV1 with the low resistance attys n cartos, upgraded AW batteries. i'm set.

MrKai

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
Alameda County, CA
Ok, to all of the detractors...listen up: this product, at 7-11, is exactly what we need.

Like many, I was quite skeptical, but bought one last week when i was in the bay area when my much more expensive Mod from a Name-You-Know-And-Trust suddenly and rudely stopped working.

I do not know who the OEM on this thing is, but i will go on record with the others and note that this thing is not only NOT a cheap POS, but, *with the proper liquid* seems to outperform everything in this class I have tried.

The thing is...it seems to perform best with vg-based liquids. The battery lasts a decent amount of time for something so small (I estimate about 2.5 - 3h of fairly regular vaping) and it produces a surprising amount of vapor. By surprising, I mean a couple of drops of alien visions juice on the bridge and I was coughing from volume, heat and TH.

The draw is just right, they have soft tips and no cut-off. Unlike other e-Cigs in this style/class, they seem to 'ramp up' the the power instead of just coming on and shutting off.

Hope this helps...someone.

The big semi-mystery about these things is the OEM. I also don't know how long it will last just yet, but the performance hasn't degraded.

For $20, there is nothing but good news with this thing.

-K

Last edited:

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
I'm in Iowa City, Iowa and the gas station near my office has started carrying the ENVY e-cigs. I don't know anything about them except that they are an ECA member. I don't like their packaging of the starter kits - two batts, a flimsy cardboard cigarette box and five extra carts for $29.95 but then they sell the charger and a case separately for another $ 24.95. So, you are really looking at $ 55.00 for everything you need - but then it is a 'gas station' and I wouldn't expect bargain prices. Extra carts come in package of five for $9.50, nic strengths of high (18mg) Med. (12mg) and Low (6mg). The Tobacco Outlet Shops are also carrying e-cigs, however they have been carrying Gamucci Brand and have had numerous complaints about the product and prices. I've been talking with them about switching to another company rather than discontinuing altogether. It is just good to see e-cigs becoming much more mainstream - I really hope the better products can start making it into the local stores as well.

BloodFart

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Orange county CA
Ok, got sick of reading after about 9 pages, but I do have a few facts that I think could help some folks. Firstly DONT buy the e-hookah unless you want non-nic carts. The regular carts work just fine on it however. I bought one a few days ago, and the plus sides are the nice case you get, easy to use, good batt, and pretty decent vapor. I called the company and it is quite easy to get right through with an actual rep. I am a rep myself for a tobacco comapny that will goo un-named (not cigarettes though I should say), and I have been working all the 7-11s in the Los Angeles area, and about 90% have them. When I spoke with the guy on the phone, he said the 7-11 deal was going great, and they should be in another 600 stores next month. Now it may be a bit silly to go on about these things on this site, as most people are experienced vapers, and this is CLEARLY not the best device on the market, but that said, it does the job quite well. I have been dripping mine with no problems at all. I also asked the guy on the phone if they would make "flavored" carts with nicotine, he told me no, and sort of implied it was because of concerns with the FDAs recent ban on flavored cigs. All in all though, I have to say, for $20, it is a god send! and the convenience of having it at your local 7-11 is so handy. As a tobacco rep, I see e-cigs of all kinds in tobacco shops everywhere these days, infact, it is pretty common. Most of those models are IMO complete .... (the Njoy, and models of that nature) and the retail for about $60+. So as far as a model that is easily available "over the counter", this is absolutely the best I've seen! By a long shot!

BloodFart

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Orange county CA
almost forgot... while the guy on the phone gave me the BS about not making flavored carts, he did say lots of people just refill them, and that that was "perfectly fine". So as far as this being one of those e-health/subscription things, that is pretty obviously not the case! Everyone in SoCal should tell their smoking friends and family to try one of these out! I mean, its only $20! I feel like this is a major step forward for the industry as a whole! people outside of the state should call the number on the website and request them at a store near you... Lets try to get more people on e-cigs! Its good for all of us!

Last edited:

MrKai

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
Alameda County, CA
Ok...I made a Real Person Not Connected With This Company Video demoing this thing on my phone and put it on YouTube here:
YouTube - So about the XHALE o2...

Note that the battery is NOT fully charged. Atty has 2 drops of Alien Visions 'Blend 4' product.

Rag all you like, but I dare ya beat this for $20 with a 2 month old atty to boot.

-K

MrKai

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
Alameda County, CA
It's kind of ironic how many people WHO'S FIRST POST ON THE FORUM is in this thread...all from the same area...gave this thing such good reviews. Looks like we may have a snooper...

:evil:

Maureen

That this product is only available at retail in California? It would make sense of course, as the company that markets them is based in Silicon Valley (San Jose to be exact) and only have retailers in that general area?

Everything isn't a conspiracy.

-K

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
That this product is only available at retail in California? It would make sense of course, as the company that markets them is based in Silicon Valley (San Jose to be exact) and only have retailers in that general area?

Everything isn't a conspiracy.

-K
I know not everything's a conspiracy, but it really did look like someone came here just to make these look good. I saw a TON of first time posters talking up this thing. ALL from the same area. It'd be easy for someone to do a google search of discussions on this thing and then go post about it!

This stuff happens more than you think...

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
I pruchased one a couple of months ago and even did a little review somewhere in this thread. I think it's a great unit for a first time user that just wants to give it a try. There are other units online that are much better, but they cost a lot more as well. All in all for 20 bucks, this is probably the best e-cig you can get for such a cheap price. I would recommend one to anyone that wants to just walk to the store and buy something that he or she can try. IMO, they are better than the 4081's that Smoking Everywhere sells at the mall for 150.00

The only downside to these units is that the carts are not very good. The are pre filled and they work great until you try to refill them. You can get one good refill, after that they dont vape near as good as a new cart does.

djrbx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA USA
icarlo.net
I used to be from the Bay Area but moved to North Hollywood. I'll try and see if I can get a kit at a local 7-11 here. I pass by one on the way home, hopefully they have them in stock. If not, I'll be flying out to the Bay at the end of next month so I can probably get a kit then. I'll be sure to post a review once I get my hands on one. I have an old 510 that I can compare it to since I upgraded to an eGo.

edit: Starcraft 2 comes out today!!!!

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I used to be from the Bay Area but moved to North Hollywood. I'll try and see if I can get a kit at a local 7-11 here. I pass by one on the way home, hopefully they have them in stock. If not, I'll be flying out to the Bay at the end of next month so I can probably get a kit then. I'll be sure to post a review once I get my hands on one. I have an old 510 that I can compare it to since I upgraded to an eGo.

edit: Starcraft 2 comes out today!!!!

They do have them at all the 7-11s in the valley, as far as I have seen. Just FYI, the exhaleo2 was my first e-cig, it works but you can do better for $20. digitalcigz.com(in the bay area) has sit and go pass through for $11, add an atty and some juice and you have a MUCH better e-cig, with much more versitility than the 7-11 stuff. Get one if you want, it works and(this thread) brought me here. I just wish I had found this forum before getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread