E-cigs at 7-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternityroad

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I manage a 7-11 in Vegas and always have my Riva on me when I am working the front. I talk up the Xhale's as 'starters' for those who aren't certain ecigs are for them. If I have time I shown them my Riva unit and explain that if they want to move up come back and I will give them some tutoring on how the Riva works and where on line they can get a good deal. I haven't heard anything about our local 7-11 stores carrying a different brand, though. Thanx for letting us know.
Ken

Maiahmae

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan
More info on dna Distributors. (cigaletric brand to my local 7-11)

What do we believe? We believe in customer satisfaction and service 100%! If our products don’t sell, we offer a buy-back guarantee with most store programs. ~Main website, front page.

Basically, they don't know what they are sending to the store as far a details or use... only that they have it in their stock and will buy it back if the 7-11 doesnt do well with them.

This bothers me because on the pamphlet, it says the contact information for -this- company such as name of, email, phone, and fax... only one link and that's for the PV. I find it a little misleading to a consumer with questions or mechanical problems with their unit vs someone interested in hooking up with the Distributor for products.

ETA: A distributing company owns the brand of e-cig according to the tradmark records. I want to know who makes the product. A distributing company, well, distributes.

It boils down that these PVs are junk (duh, it's sold at a convenience store) It is my assessment, based on website provided, distributor information on website, pamphlet provided in store, and public records such as Trademarks and registered information - that the prices are inflated on the web in order to get you to purchase their item in the store. And that because the trademarked company (most likely) didn't actually produce and assemble them, that support for them is going to be near non existent aside from "return/exchange them locally".

I don't trust them at all and have no quarrels with talking to the owner about getting the product out of the neighborhood unless they agree to educate them via business cards with this forum's web info.

Last edited:

Tom950

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
It sure would be nice to see them in New Jersey. I'd take that as a sign that vaping is being excepted as a reduced harm alternative to smoking. It also would be nice to see a better model being sold. Like the 510 with or without a cartomizer.Seven Eleven has the distribution angle covered. Seven Eleven is like horse poop, they are all over this country.

The 7-11 around by me here in NJ do have them. Check some other locations and see if they carry em

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
N-Joy in 7/11 near me in Northern NJ. It's a basic 510 starter kit, with 5 carto's. On the packaging it says 1 filled cartomizer is equal to 1 pack of cigarettes. Too funny. Didnt ask for pricing, but I saw a picture of the N-joy packaging. 2 510 batteries, 5 cartos, usb charger.

my friend actually bought one of these a few months back and stopped smoking, but he drives to all different 7/11's if they don't have menthol instock. he refuses to let me show him that he can get liquid and black carts online for 1/10th the price and claims it's too much work to do all that. He's actually spending more now than he would if he smoked analogs. I think he's paying 15 bucks for 5 prefilled carts, and 1 cart lasts him a 1/2 day.

When you don't know something, you think it's too confusing and too much to handle, so he'd rather stock up on these stupid prefilled carts than actually sit down with me for 20 minutes and learn from me and spend 1$ a day instead of those crazy prices.

Last edited:

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
N-Joy in 7/11 near me in Northern NJ. It's a basic 510 starter kit, with 5 carto's. On the packaging it says 1 filled cartomizer is equal to 1 pack of cigarettes. Too funny. Didnt ask for pricing, but I saw a picture of the N-joy packaging. 2 510 batteries, 5 cartos, usb charger.

my friend actually bought one of these a few months back and stopped smoking, but he drives to all different 7/11's if they don't have menthol instock. he refuses to let me show him that he can get liquid and black carts online for 1/10th the price and claims it's too much work to do all that. He's actually spending more now than he would if he smoked analogs. I think he's paying 15 bucks for 5 prefilled carts, and 1 cart lasts him a 1/2 day.

When you don't know something, you think it's too confusing and too much to handle, so he'd rather stock up on these stupid prefilled carts than actually sit down with me for 20 minutes and learn from me and spend 1$ a day instead of those crazy prices.

The 7-11 here in CT has the NPro as well. It's an RN4081 I believe, definitely not a 510. I have 3 of them and they got me to quit smoking, although they're absolute crap. The auto switches in them activate with loud sounds or riding with the windows down. The month I had mine I had to unscrew the carto after every hit to prevent them activating by themselves, eventually all the switches failed. Surprisingly the menthol flavor they sell (here it's $20/5 refills) actually isn't all that bad. As soon as I saw I actually could stay away from analogs with e-cigs I bought my ego-T.

It's a real shame they can't carry something better.. I'd love to see a regular 510 there, even if it was double the price of the NPro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread