E-cigs banned at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyWhighty

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2011
San Jose
What the hell!? I hope no one was ignorant enough to be blowing steam in an enclosed space like an elevator! There's no way that's the whole story. If someone went into convulsions, it definitely WAS NOT from the second hand vapor. And if your higher-ups believe that was the cause, then I've got a low risk high return investment opportunity that I'd love to discuss with them.

Don't be so sure. I'm epileptic and I've started convulsing because of a pattern / color of some people's shirts. Seizure triggers are weird like that. I didn't rally to have certain types of shirts banned, I've just made it clear and politely asked people not to be in my line of sight if they decide to.

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
I just had this conversation with a co-worker the other day. I bring my sigelei Zmax with me to work daily along with a Protank filled to the brim with my flavor of choice for that day. I vape when I feel like it. I vape on the phone, I vape on my lunch break, I vape in the elevator and I've gotten nary a word about it except for the first few days when I got the, 'WHAT IS THAT?!,'. My supervisor goes, 'Hey so what's in your little hookah over there?,' :laugh:. Anyway, I told him that I found it ridiculous that our workplace is smoke free (I work on a college campus) and yet EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. the cooks go outside, bring a big grill, light that bad boy up and smoke, yes SMOKE meat out there for their lunchtime specials. I'm talking the thickest, blackest smoke you can imagine. It's blowing all over the place, right in the middle of this huge lunch/patio area. Oh, we're smoke free but those guys can do that and yet some people were trying to get vaping banned?! I could blow my vapor in someone's face in an air tight room and they wouldn't inhale a tenth of the nastiness that smoking meat was putting out. I just hate the hypocrisy.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
My work has been very okay with my vaping... in fact, most people support me in quitting smoking. I go by the general rule of asking first if anyone is in the breakroom, and so far no one has said no. The only person who has been weird about it was the store manager (the big boss, so to say), who when I asked, he said he preferred if I did it outside. But he seemed genuinly curious about it, as opposed to just equating it to smoking. I personally just think he was clueless about the whole vaping thing. So... I just vape when he's not there. :)

The 0mg nicotine ruse is devilishly clever... I might have to try it if an issue ever arose about nicotine itself.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
My work has been very okay with my vaping... in fact, most people support me in quitting smoking. I go by the general rule of asking first if anyone is in the breakroom, and so far no one has said no. The only person who has been weird about it was the store manager (the big boss, so to say), who when I asked, he said he preferred if I did it outside. But he seemed genuinly curious about it, as opposed to just equating it to smoking. I personally just think he was clueless about the whole vaping thing. So... I just vape when he's not there. :)

The 0mg nicotine ruse is devilishly clever... I might have to try it if an issue ever arose about nicotine itself.

My bosses and co-workers are all supportive for me trying to quit smoking. However, I work in a residential group home for preteen boys. I never smoked in the house (common sense), so I will never vape in the house. The boys are happy I am working on improving my health because it means I can run around and play outside longer with them. :laugh: For me I have explained to the boys why I switched and how it works for me. I praise them constantly for not making the bad choice I made at their age and I don't want them to see me vaping as an acceptable activity. They already fight against losing odds every day because of their ....ty parents, so I want to give them the best possible upbringing I can.

As for the seizure, it is bs. I only started vaping a few days ago and I have had strangers cough at me as they walk past my front steps as I vape. People will find any excuse to condemn things they don't understand.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Oh yah - we could vape in our office too - someone complained - got an email from HR that stated because the "smell" may be offensive to some people we cannot vape in the office.

WHAT?

OFFENSIVE SMELL??

Maybe folks from HR need to visit our office and get a whiff of the various "ethnic" food ppl heat up in the kitchen..................:mad:

Matthew Bye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Turlock, California, United States
Haha.

Well, as far as the "entitled attitude" goes.. You seem to have an entitled attitude in your posts, trousersnake so.. Work on that. Me, I never vape near a lot of people, or in odd places like the bus or supermarket. It's rude to blow any smoke in people's face, even if its harmless vapor. I just don't like the fact that I have to go outside on smoke break and get cigarette smoke blown all in my face when I should be able to vape at my desk.

you dont want others smoke blown in your face but you think it should be okay to blow your vapor in other peoples face so to speak. i think vaping, even though its cleaner is still gross to make others brethe in. its air and moisture that people can see and know has been in your body. i wouldnt want to breathe in someones vapor from there lungs anymore then smoke from someones lungs. you might as well go up to em and sneeze in their mouth. thats my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread