E-Cigs banned in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budz

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 4, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
www.pharaohvapes.com
Well, if you're going to try and come into Egypt with your e-cig in hand, don't. You can hide it in luggage but separate the parts. Earlier this year, i tried ordering a Apollo kit and then at customs they said it was banned from coming to Egypt. I went and gave customs a visit and they literally told me that they ministry of health in Egypt banned it because it causes cancer and diseases. I laughed directly in front of him due to being able to smoke shisha from 12 years old in most cafes in Egypt which are in every street. I told him that these helped people quit smoking tobacco and do a healthier style but he wouldn't let the package through. Anyways, the UAE ban and Egyptian ban of e-cigs is quite absurd to me...especially the reasons. I honestly think it's all business, the don't want the product in here because they're afraid the cigarette business will stop(3/4 people in Egypt smoke.) I buy my equipment when i travel abroad which i am doing right now by buying the ego-c in Canada. :vapor:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Well, if you're going to try and come into Egypt with your e-cig in hand, don't. You can hide it in luggage but separate the parts. Earlier this year, i tried ordering a Apollo kit and then at customs they said it was banned from coming to Egypt. I went and gave customs a visit and they literally told me that they ministry of health in Egypt banned it because it causes cancer and diseases. I laughed directly in front of him due to being able to smoke shisha from 12 years old in most cafes in Egypt which are in every street. I told him that these helped people quit smoking tobacco and do a healthier style but he wouldn't let the package through. Anyways, the UAE ban and Egyptian ban of e-cigs is quite absurd to me...especially the reasons. I honestly think it's all business, the don't want the product in here because they're afraid the cigarette business will stop(3/4 people in Egypt smoke.) I buy my equipment when i travel abroad which i am doing right now by buying the ego-c in Canada. :vapor:

What's the situation like for tourists? Can you use them in your hotel?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I'm planning a vacation in Egypt next year, I'd be really interested to know if there's any problem for tourists taking their own e-cig with them? If banned, I wouldn't (obviously) vape in public, but at any rate, would doing so privately be a problem?

Yes - I need to know this, too. Please help someone - we'll appreciate it!

Budz

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 4, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
www.pharaohvapes.com
What's the situation like for tourists? Can you use them in your hotel?

Sorry for the late late reply. You can use them out in the public or anywhere...just not in front of customs or sometimes police. Police treat tourists like Kings here so using them anywhere is fine.

Budz

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 4, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
www.pharaohvapes.com
I'm planning a vacation in Egypt next year, I'd be really interested to know if there's any problem for tourists taking their own e-cig with them? If banned, I wouldn't (obviously) vape in public, but at any rate, would doing so privately be a problem?

Publicly or privately is fine. Just not any where around customs or security checks. I vape freely in the streets, cafes, or bars and it's good. It's legal to vape, but it's illegal to order products.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Just back from Dahab. Didn't vape at all on the way there - but vaped all holiday. Used some tiny 450mah Ego batts from FT and an Ego C+ in the evenings, dripping. Not one negative comment and lots of positive ones. On the way home I had my (disassembled) device in carry-on baggage. No-one queried it. Which was nice. :)

tomvonc

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland

This is so funny, I spent some time in Cairo and everyone smokes everywhere, usually super strong filterless things. Hell, it is the most smoker friendly city in the world.

Not Egypt, but they are banned in Saudi as well. I can bring in my own,and my own personal supply carried in my luggage, but if ordering in small quantities I think I can get them shipped in. BUT try brining in larger numbers and it'll get stopped by Customs. ( I know, cos I've tried!! ) Similar to Egypt, smoking is very common here, analogues are cheap ( compared to the UK ) and the shisha is very popular here too, although they are trying to clamp down on smoking these days. I've had no problem in public, but you just can't buy them here.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Many countries consider what the US's position is on health issues and follow suit. The US sees vaping as being same as smoking, so it makes sense that other countries would see the justification in banning vaping. A significant number of vapers on this forum see vaping and smoking as the same thing. When other countries see the US government, the medical establishment and those who vape equating vaping to smoking, these restrictions are not surprising.

Last edited:

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal

Indeed, Budz... unfortunately for us, all this crap was never about health. It has been, since the beginning, about making sure that the money does not stop filling the 'right' pockets... no matter what...! :mad:

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Many countries consider what the US's position is on health issues and follow suit. The US sees vaping as being same as smoking, so it makes sense that other countries would see the justification in banning vaping. A significant number of vapers on this forum see vaping and smoking as the same thing. When other countries see the US government, the medical establishment and those who vape equating vaping to smoking, these restrictions are not surprising.

This. One cannot really blame the uninformed ANTZ's (the informed, deliberate lying ANTZ is another matter) for having vaping and smoking mixed up, when vapers (of all people!) have not yet made that distinction for themselves. And what's worst, their behaviour (treating vaping just like smoking) will only misinform the uninformed ANTZ and help the crusade of the informed, malicious one.

It's kinda sad... really.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
This. One cannot really blame the uninformed ANTZ's (the informed, deliberate lying ANTZ is another matter) for having vaping and smoking mixed up, when vapers (of all people!) have not yet made that distinction for themselves. And what's worst, their behaviour (treating vaping just like smoking) will only misinform the uninformed ANTZ and help the crusade of the informed, malicious one.

It's kinda sad... really.

If you hold on to the idea that vaping just works you'll be fine. Really :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread