Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
It doesn't seem there's much information about the products. What brands? Were they using the proper batteries for the devices?

Since most vaping products are coming from China I doubt any of these suits will go anywhere.

If these guys were using batteries not recommended by the manufacturers then a good lawyer would have valid points in defense.

Not good publicity no matter how you look at it!!!

Reactions: EBates

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
.. or under amped. 90% of this stuff is pilot error when the whole story breaks or someone here finds out what the real story was.

That's what I was thinking too. They probably were vaping at .1 ohms at 150 watts on a rewrapped Efest battery.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I for one am glad to be made aware and that this is being discussed here, why does he need to break the link?

They did report that one person has already won a 2 million dollar lawsuit and I am aware of one other with almost an equal amount awarded. I also found it interesting they said the lawyers phone is ringing off the hook with others reporting similar incidents, so, it makes you wonder just how many there have been nationwide that we just don't hear about because I tend to think the majority of people do not run to tell the news when this happens to them.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I also found it interesting they said the lawyers phone is ringing off the hook with others reporting similar incidents,

Interesting?

I found this even more interesting--from the lawyer whose phone is "ringing off the hook:"

"Bentley
hopes to spread the word that people should be outraged that e-cigarettes are ignored by the FDA and are federally unregulated."
wink.gif

Reactions: LaraC

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
There was just another story on the local news here in PA of a battery exploding. No mystery a person was using a cheap starter kit, pen style battery. Another story of someone using the wrong charger in their car. Of course no coverage of user error, just more headlines of "E Cig explodes".

Reactions: EBates

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
There was just another story on the local news here in PA of a battery exploding. No mystery a person was using a cheap starter kit, pen style battery. Another story of someone using the wrong charger in their car. Of course no coverage of user error, just more headlines of "E Cig explodes".
By "Pen Style", do you mean EGO or mini?

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Interesting?

I found this even more interesting--from the lawyer whose phone is "ringing off the hook:"

"Bentley
hopes to spread the word that people should be outraged that e-cigarettes are ignored by the FDA and are federally unregulated."
wink.gif

Well, we all know (onliner communities that is) that is right around the corner, at this point comments like that are really meaningless.

I am not surprised by the lawsuits and these peoples assertion that they thought this was safe to use and had no idea it could blow up on them, I believe them. The majority of people who are interested in taking up vaping will never come on forums or may never jump on the net, they go to their local B&M and buy what is recommended to them put it in the bag and walk out the door with it. User error? most probably, Bad or inadequate batteries? probably, Miss match between atty and mod? could be, Vaping at ridiculously low ohms on a single 18650 battery?? yeah could happen.... because there are so many factors that can make this happen to people who are being sold this equipment as beginner plug and play gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread