Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
just a thought but why not move the manufacturers to UK.

We need to persuade one of the big names (not naming any, you know who you are ;) ) to branch out a little. Selling nice liquids is all well and good, but not much use if they can't be vaporised.
batteries are not a problem, neither are battery tubes, it is atomisers that are the item we rely on.

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
If you're buying atomizers then you're buying Chinese products. Hell, if you're buying anything at Wal-mart you're buying Chinese. I don't think they make attys anywhere else.

A while ago I read a post stating that att'ys were not hard to make..Hope someone comes out making them here in the states...Sadly my state is also facing banning, so I have been slowly stocking up on them & juice.I don't want to go back to cigarettes:(

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
A while ago I read a post stating that att'ys were not hard to make..Hope someone comes out making them here in the states...Sadly my state is also facing banning, so I have been slowly stocking up on them & juice.I don't want to go back to cigarettes:(

No, they're pretty simple but I would assume they would be tedious and time consuming to build by hand. I've heard of people doing it but I'm not sure if my fingers would be nimble enough to wrap that tiny nichrome wire around a bundle of fibers. These are things better left to machines.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
From a private message I got:

(PM contents deleted)

I like this response better, although, to be perfectly candid, the responses I posted above were posted by the vapor talk founder, who is also a supplier.

:offtopic:

Forum rules prohibit quoting of PMs without the permission of the sender. I'm not trying to be a hard nose or anything, just trying to save you some trouble. Especially if you weren't aware.

;)

RBS

Apr 27, 2010
Sorry about my previous post, lol, I guess I misunderstood.....

Here is a link to the thread that Sink is referring to :-

(Shipment Seized By Chinese Customs? - Vapor Talk E Cig Forum)

As one poster on there says - BS! Looks to me like the founder of that forum has got confused between China & Hong Kong.

Thanks for the link, that cleared things up for me.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
I like this response better, although, to be perfectly candid, the responses I posted above were posted by the vapor talk founder, who is also a supplier.

Which just goes to show that being a site founder and a supplier does not impart any sort of credibility whatsoever.

So this guy makes an (enormous) statement, then defends it, then finally says he heard it from his brother's cousin (ok, the "brother's cousin" wasn't verbatim but essentially correct). For a site founder and a supplier that's just totally irresponsible and rather unbelievable. While defending the statement he said that small vendors might be in the dark about this because they just don't have the huge shipments that large vendor's have -- implying that he was a large vendor and therefore "in the know".

lol, have to wonder if maybe he was experiencing some cash flow problems and just needed a quick infusion of business? How could you be that irresponsible to spread alarmist hearsay of that magnitude as verified fact?

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Relax Xanax, no need for a panic attack (irony?) The vaping police aren't knocking on anybody's door. If folks want to know what's going on with ecig legal issues in any given area you can keep tabs on it at this website. STOP electronic cigarette ban NOW
Or this one. CASAA | Member Signup
Or right here in this forum in the campaigning section.

Slighter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Chicago Illinois
the sky is falling run!!!!!!!! too funny, 6 posts and eaten up
While I'm here I have this for sale, best offer pm me
brooklyn-bridge.jpg

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Relax Xanax, no need for a panic attack (irony?) The vaping police aren't knocking on anybody's door. If folks want to know what's going on with ecig legal issues in any given area you can keep tabs on it at this website. STOP electronic cigarette ban NOW
Or this one. CASAA | Member Signup
Or right here in this forum in the campaigning section.

Lol @ irony. I'm not worried about police knocking at my door and taking my e-cigs away. I'm worried about not being able to buy atomizers. That's all.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
You could... take yourself? Not to be a jerk, but your nick is troubling. I've lost more friends to Xanax than tobacco. 5 to 1, so far. Hopefully you don't view it as lightheartedly as naming yourself after it suggests.
I'm sorry you've lost friends. I didn't create the username because I thought it was funny or cool, it's actually the name of a song that I love. Sorry if I ...... you off.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Which just goes to show that being a site founder and a supplier does not impart any sort of credibility whatsoever.

So this guy makes an (enormous) statement, then defends it, then finally says he heard it from his brother's cousin (ok, the "brother's cousin" wasn't verbatim but essentially correct). For a site founder and a supplier that's just totally irresponsible and rather unbelievable. While defending the statement he said that small vendors might be in the dark about this because they just don't have the huge shipments that large vendor's have -- implying that he was a large vendor and therefore "in the know".

lol, have to wonder if maybe he was experiencing some cash flow problems and just needed a quick infusion of business? How could you be that irresponsible to spread alarmist hearsay of that magnitude as verified fact?

I agree Quick, when I found the thread on the forum that the OP was referring to, I also found it extremely irresponsible of the forum founder.

For all of you that are panicking, please go back & read all the posts on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread