E-cigs Illegal in China now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snik

May 14, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I agree Quick, when I found the thread on the forum that the OP was referring to, I also found it extremely irresponsible of the forum founder.

For all of you that are panicking, please go back & read all the posts on this thread.

I agree. After hearing from all of you I feel a lot better about it. When I first saw the post from somebody I took for granted knew what he was talking about I was concerned to say the least. I do have to say that it puzzled me right off the bat since I couldn't figure out why the Chinese would do such a thing.

Thanks for all the input.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
these hearsay rumors run rabid on the forums. just take them with a grain of salt. i assume they are to drum up sales ;) lol i used to fall for them. well i did once. after that i learned my lesson. it's kind of like the "ecig to end all other ecigs is the best" posts. give it a few months and you find it's usually as temperamental as the rest of them.

for the person concerned about atty storage, they should last for years if you prime them with a few drops and park them in a dry place. that would only be to keep rust away? there are no moving parts in them. it's just a cylinder with metal and wires. nothing to go bad when not used.

the batteries, i don't know the shelf life of unused batteries. maybe keep them topped off every 6 months and they should be fine.

main thing is don't fall for every rumor as gospel in the ecig community. I've been vaping about a year and have no desire for a real cig. many have been able to quit both cigs and ecigs after about that time. for me it's become more of a relaxing/tasty thing, rather than habit any more. at least i hope so. i don't plan to vape the rest of my life and depend on suppliers for my fix forever.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Sorry guys, basically I have heard this from my suppliers over there and they tell us about all there problems, but since it has been happening for so long I do not think anyone should worry as it is not effecting us any as of now.. :")

Maybe because it's simply not true? What has "been happening for so long"?

That your suppliers have been telling you about all their problems?
"it has been illegal in China for a long time"?
"they have to keep moving *factories* [because it's illegal]"?
It's illegal in Hong Kong so you said "China"? but they don't have factories in Hong Kong do they?

Why did you add on that last qualifier to your retraction? "...but since it has been happening for so long I do not think anyone should worry as it is not effecting us any as of now.."? ...as it is not effecting any of us as of now... What exactly is it that is not effecting any of us as of now? [but could be at any moment?]

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
Relax Xanax, no need for a panic attack (irony?) The vaping police aren't knocking on anybody's door. If folks want to know what's going on with ecig legal issues in any given area you can keep tabs on it at this website. STOP electronic cigarette ban NOW
Or this one. CASAA | Member Signup
Or right here in this forum in the campaigning section.

:laugh: mistinthewoods!! (and I mean absolutely No disrespect Xanax)
it's just that I'm reading through this thread and agreeing with others that it is irresponsible to sound off alarm bells on heresay, conjecture, etc.
and thinking to myself, I too would panic in the face of real, factual info.
concerning iminent bans or total product discontinuation - then I read
mistinthewoods statement - "Relax Xanax, no need for a panic attack..." and it made me laugh. That statement is a wordsmith's/English Grammar Teacher's playground, eh?

Last edited:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Supervape, I'm guessing you are the founder of the forum in question? (Ok I know I'm a tad slow - unlike Quick who has a very suitable name :D) If so, I do think you have been irresponsible & even more so by coming on here & fueling the panic!

juicefreak is right, this sort of unfounded rumour just helps drum up panic buying.

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Woah! What a stir up! I think I should step in here :) I've been around for quite some time now and I don't consider myself a huge supplier by any means. I would never intentionally post false information. I've been around since the days of Leford and have never released false information intentionally.

I learned this information when I jumped on board the Janty wagon and whole heartedly believe (and honestly still do) that this is fact. I spoke with a rep from China who stated although electronic cigarettes are illegal it's still easy to produce.

I was informed for example that Boge Tech is made up of sub factories. This is to help them avoid being shutdown at once. This apparently is the reason for the inconstancy in Liquid. Have you ever ordered the same flavor for months only to notice the color or taste to change? (Chinese E Liquid) This (I'm told) is because when you place your order to China via your favorite contact they send it out to one of the sub factories. You can't just pick which one it comes from. Suppliers know when you order from China especially liquid sometimes it's a crap shoot they don't always mix the flavors the same way. Looking at Leafords recent video you see him inside of a Boge factory which isn't very large. This I'm told his only one of the locations. It makes sense to be honest I doubt that small little factory could create E Liquid for most of the suppliers around the world.

We did have a shipment seized in Hong Kong (which does happen quite often) and had to re pay shipping costs. Like most suppliers I probably could have pushed China to waive the shipping fee's but it wasn't a huge deal. Back in (January I think?) Quite a few suppliers had their shipments held but ultimately had them released. Recently the Chinese Expo has put a damper on at least my shipments but this is no reason to start buying hundreds of bottles of E Liquid. (Which really wasn't my intention)

Now on the US side I still hold ground that large shipments can be hard to bring in. My point was that some consumers just don't realize how serious this is. The point was more for noobies to realize the issues at hand. Meaning that sitting around waiting for someone to "fix this issue" isn't going to help anything.

I'm honored to be part of so much discussion but please I didn't intend for this to become such a large issue.

If I am indeed incorrect about this I'll gladly bow down in embarrassment in front of the ecig community. After all I'm just human. It would be an insult to the ecig community to think releasing false information for the good of larger sales would even hold any ground. After all most of you have become every day watch dogs and kings of research. It wouldn't be worth risking my credibility over one post.

Just remember even IF the FDA really pushes the ban so long as suppliers are still sending money to China the factories will remain open. If the factories remain open smaller shipments will always have no problem piggy backing into the country. The concern will only be once suppliers can no longer purchase product. If this happens on a large enough scale the factories I would assume would shut down. (No factories no supplies)

But thanks to suppliers that mix liquid here in the US and all of the dedicated modders there will ALWAYS be a way to keep on vaping.

Again sorry for the big stir up, no large conspiracy here. But if you still feel it was a big old lie feel free to drill me here in the open. We've all gotta go through it at least once. ;)

Thanks everyone

Last edited:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
I learned this information when I jumped on board the Janty wagon and whole heartedly believe (and honestly still do) that this is fact. I spoke with a rep from China who stated although electronic cigarettes are illegal it's still easy to produce.

Why? "a rep from China"? I am aware that things do not work the same there as they do here, but I would expect there is some way for common folk to find out what is illegal in China at the national level?

I was informed for example that Boge Tech is made up of sub factories. This is to help them avoid being shutdown at once.

Because the product they are making is illegal? or is it for some completely different reason? It's not like it's a secret that they are making e-cigs and juice. You can go directly to their website to order. Just seems odd to me that a company that large is openly producing something illegal on a national level. Are there any other examples of this with other large companies openly producing product in China that has been declared illegal by the Chinese government?

We did have a shipment seized in Hong Kong (which does happen quite often) and had to re pay shipping costs. Like most suppliers I probably could have pushed China to waive the shipping fee's but it wasn't a huge deal. Back in (January I think?) Quite a few suppliers had their shipments held but ultimately had them released. Recently the Chinese Expo has put a damper on at least my shipments but this is no reason to start buying hundreds of bottles of E Liquid. (Which really wasn't my intention)

ummm, what does this have to do with the claim that e-cigs are, or have just recently become, illegal in China? We all know that foreign email sucks and many foreign countries have widespread corruption in customs. Try sending money or valuables in or out of India.

Now on the US side I still hold ground that large shipments can be hard to bring in. My point was that some consumers just don't realize how serious this is. The point was more for noobies to realize the issues at hand. Meaning that sitting around waiting for someone to "fix this issue" isn't going to help anything.

Now? With the court ordered stay on the FDA? Please provide some details on what you mean by "hard to bring in". Current situation please. ...and this is why you made the unqualified claim that e-cigs are illegal in China?

If I am indeed incorrect about this I'll gladly bow down in embarrassment in front of the ecig community.

You could probably help in verifying your claims. That would be appreciated.

Just remember even IF the FDA really pushes the ban so long as suppliers are still sending money to China the factories will remain open.

ummm, what?!? I thought you started out with "e-cigs are illegal in China" and that was the problem.

If the factories remain open smaller shipments will always have no problem piggy backing into the country.

Piggy backing on what? Museum shipments?

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Chris was just passing along info from people in the know. The factories are allowed to continue manufacturing due to paying off the gov't officials every year.

might have been better if he had said "This is what I heard..."

ps.....
The court ordered stay against the FDA has been lifted.

This is could be very bad...

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Chris From Cali, I apologise if I was out of order with some of my comments. The main thing that made me question this issue was the statement about e-cigs being illegal in China. No matter what research I do via the internet, I can't find anything to back up the OP.

It would be interesting to hear from our Chinese friends & contacts about this issue. For instance, David Yang of Eastmall, Amy from Health Cabin & Leaford from Vapor4Life.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I have been told that they are completely legal. I have been told that they are completely illegal. I have been told they are legal to manufacture for export, but not legal to sell within China. And I have been told they are legal to sell anywhere in China but Shanghai. You hear a lot of things. The more people you ask, the more different stories you hear. ;)

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have been told that they are completely legal. I have been told that they are completely illegal. I have been told they are legal to manufacture for export, but not legal to sell within China. And I have been told they are legal to sell anywhere in China but Shanghai. You hear a lot of things. The more people you ask, the more different stories you hear. ;)

Lol, well that clears the matter up - not :D

Out of interest, for how long have you been told these conflicting stories?

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA

Is it not possible for companies over there to ask the government what's legal? Or are these government officials that are telling you this?

supervape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Lansing,Michigan
Maybe because it's simply not true? What has "been happening for so long"?

That your suppliers have been telling you about all their problems?
"it has been illegal in China for a long time"?
"they have to keep moving *factories* [because it's illegal]"?
It's illegal in Hong Kong so you said "China"? but they don't have factories in Hong Kong do they?

Why did you add on that last qualifier to your retraction? "...but since it has been happening for so long I do not think anyone should worry as it is not effecting us any as of now.."? ...as it is not effecting any of us as of now... What exactly is it that is not effecting any of us as of now? [but could be at any moment?]

Basically yes the suppliers I have dealt with have told me those things... Also to let you know I am not trying to drum up sales just telling you what they told me thats all.... As far as your other question what I meant is they have been having troubles in China for sometime now that it is not something we notice on our side accept when they have trouble shipping the item on time, I lived in Asia for several years , 7 to be exact and basically the Tobacco Monopoly has been having the Police cracking down over there because they are loosing a lot of money..... I did not mean for my post to cause an uproar I was just relaying what I have been being told from the suppliers I talk with on the phone and Skype...

I know when I ordered Nicotine from Shenzhen they had to take it to Shanghai to be able to ship it to me because the post offices in Shenzhen was not allowing them to ship Nic..

From my own experience with the post over there is that they want to see what is in the International package to see if it matches the customs declarations... If not they refuse to send it unless you cough up a little money, then they close the box tape it for you and ship it... I had a business that we shipped international and they did that every time, good thing we gained a friend over time that helped us at the post.

Anyways to clear this all up I am not trying to make anyone nervous or buy happy I am just relaying things i have heard and do not want to be quoted as I really am not 100% sure about anything that is said by the Chinese, they tend to say things that they don't follow through with..AKA Breaking there words and lying to the customer to get you to send more cash for shipping or lying about the electricity, storms whatever they can to keep you content while they take there time shipping your goods...

Have a good one and DO take this as a grain of salt not trying to change anyone or start any beef as I have no problems with anyone in this community :)

And as Christopher said,, why do I have to lie? I have no reason to lie about making such claims as written in stone as I heard this from suppliers over there. I do not believe everything that I hear I was just telling you what it was that I heard sorry if this causes any problems.

A. Jones

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread