Travel and Vaping E-Cigs Through The Toughest Security In The World!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
OK, did this trip last spring and thought I posted it before. But since we are getting a lot of "can we bring e-cigs through airport security?" questions thought I would try this again.
I visited Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem for a 7 day business trip last spring. I was well into another vaping adventure when I realized I would be going through Ben Gurion on my way to Vienna with my PV and juice. Talk about the strictest security for an airport! Well guys, no problem, unless TSA changes some rules you all wil be fine. Some pictures.

Flying into Tel-Aviv and Frankfurt also had a extra security layer to Tel-Aviv.

ptjd-albums-israel-picture1008-vaping-tel-aviv.jpg

KB and I inside Ben Gurion!!! Made it!!!

ptjd-albums-israel-picture1040-janty-ben-gurion.jpg

My stash I was able to take out of Israel.

ptjd-albums-israel-picture4147-mideast-travel-pack.jpg

So you all have no worry's here in the US, for now anyways!:mad:

Last edited:

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
That's good to know. I wonder how the recent psycho Nigerian incident is going to impact all this.

Well, they might clamp down on syringes (I believe that is how said terrorist activated his explosives...which seemed to result in him setting his leg on fire).

Edit: Those portable battery packs sure is slick! Gotta get me one of those. :)

Last edited:

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I got stopped travelling back from Egypt, one of the security guys saw me take my PCC out of my pocket and put it in the tray to go through the metal detector, he was very intereseted indeed so I gave him a demonstration! He scanned the PCC to see what was inside, it was very colourful on the screen with what looked like a massive yellow battery in the bottom :D Unfortunately I put my bag on the other x-ray machine manned by another guy who wasn't as friendly who insisted on looking inside and prodding and poking my beautiful blue penstyle batteries, guess that 5 pack looked like a bomb that or he wanted them like how they drink all the confiscated drinks from passengers!!!

Anyway, he grumbled and let me through vapes and all :) I'll take snuff there next time!

Ohh yea and I got 3 seats in the plane so stealth vaped all the way back!

No problems with London Gatwick security either :)

Last edited:

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Well. looks like some things are going to change, I frequent a couple of FF travel forums also. Confirmed that you can no longer get out of your seat and all items must be put in overhead compartment including blankets and pillows 1 hour prior to landing for International flights to the US.
Confirmed, United and Quantas has disabled all Skymaps on International flights to US.
Unconfirmed, but this has me worried more than anything is that at DFW a few travelers reported having legal sized "generic" liquid bottles confiscated. They need to be in a manufacturers original bottle, If this is true may have problems with e-liquid in the future, again this is unconfirmed.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Unconfirmed, but this has me worried more than anything is that at DFW a few travelers reported having legal sized "generic" liquid bottles confiscated. They need to be in a manufacturers original bottle, If this is true may have problems with e-liquid in the future, again this is unconfirmed.

Well then put your e liquid in a manufacture's bottle like the small breath drops bottles with the labels.

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
I can not say too much as being on the inside limits the amount of info I am able to post but I can say that the rules have not changed at all. Liquids have always needed to be in a bottle with a manufacturers label stating that it was under 3.4 ounces. I can say the both Dekang and JC liquid comes in a suitably labeled bottle and both are well under 3.4 ounces.

P.S.
We do not take any of the confiscated items. I get paid enough to go to the soda machine and spend $1 on my own bottle of water or to go to the water cooler we have and drink free water that wont get me fired. Yes I work for TSA, no I'm not an .... If any of you want to vape with TSA and happen to be flying through MCO Ill be happy to vape with TSA just send me a message.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I can not say too much as being on the inside limits the amount of info I am able to post but I can say that the rules have not changed at all. Liquids have always needed to be in a bottle with a manufacturers label stating that it was under 3.4 ounces. I can say the both Dekang and JC liquid comes in a suitably labeled bottle and both are well under 3.4 ounces.

P.S.
We do not take any of the confiscated items. I get paid enough to go to the soda machine and spend $1 on my own bottle of water or to go to the water cooler we have and drink free water that wont get me fired. Yes I work for TSA, no I'm not an .... If any of you want to vape with TSA and happen to be flying through MCO Ill be happy to vape with TSA just send me a message.

Thanks 13, have not seen you around in a while. I'll be in MCO in January. Will PM you before I head out!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Great photos, PTJD!

Two questions for you:

...KB and I inside Ben Gurion!!! Made it!!!...
I'm drawing a blank. What is a KB? It looks a little like a VP1.

My stash I was able to take out of Israel.

ptjd-albums-israel-picture4147-mideast-travel-pack.jpg
What is that carrying case and where did you get it?

Thanks!

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Every bottle I have in my ZipLoc is unlabeled. I go thru security at least twice each week and I've never been questioned. But, simple solution going forward... put em in checked luggage.

Crand, mine is not usually labeled either, and no problems currently or for the past 14 months of travel. Check-in is not a great option for me and besides I need juice to stealth vape with on the plane.:D

Great photos, PTJD!

Two questions for you:

I'm drawing a blank. What is a KB? It looks a little like a VP1.

What is that carrying case and where did you get it?

Thanks!

Hey Don! Its a Janty Kissbox, I think I have a generic 801 atty on it.
The other is a amenity kit I got from either ANA or Lufthansa, they work great for e-cigs.

crand

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
PTJD
I'm with you, I don't remember the last time I checked a bag. But, I'll bet you a buck that by the end of the year you will no longer have the option. The day is coming when you'll get one carryon... a purse, backpack or briefcase... everything else will go below. TSA is going to push for it and the airlines won't fight it. For the business traveler it will be a major pain in the _ss but I really don't see, shy of breakthrough technology for screening, any other reasonable option.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I want the travel pack. Can I get it online ?

You might see if E-bay has them, if not a very expensive business or First class International ticket will do!:D

PTJD
I'm with you, I don't remember the last time I checked a bag. But, I'll bet you a buck that by the end of the year you will no longer have the option. The day is coming when you'll get one carryon... a purse, backpack or briefcase... everything else will go below. TSA is going to push for it and the airlines won't fight it. For the business traveler it will be a major pain in the _ss but I really don't see, shy of breakthrough technology for screening, any other reasonable option.

You may be right, however there are many medical condition and baby's that need liquids of sort when traveling. Either way its gonna be a pain!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Hey Don! Its a Janty Kissbox, I think I have a generic 801 atty on it. The other is a amenity kit I got from either ANA or Lufthansa, they work great for e-cigs.

Don't hear much about the Kissbox these days. It's always seemed to me to be overpriced. But do you think it is worth it?

That kit is neat. I'll have to do more international travel.

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
I see the those packs all the time. They usually have womens cosmetics in them so Im guessing you may try looking for cosmetics traveling case or something. As far as taking only one carry on and a personal bag (ie laptop bag briefcase etc.) I do not see that happening because of the mothers traveling with formula for the babies. As is we do have ways to test liquids though time consuming they are effective. Believe it or not TSA is actually rather effective and the machinery we have for screening is not our weak point. There is a reason why the last attack came from a foreign country.

P.S.
PTJD look forward to vaping with you man. I work from the afternoon into late evening so just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread