Travel and Vaping E-Cigs Through The Toughest Security In The World!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
Have you tried reading through the rules? You might find your answer in there. No site is completely free as they all have rules and guidelines that are put in place to maintain a reasonable amount of order. Though I know not of the posts that you claim to have been deleted know I believe educating yourself and a query to admin might be a bit more constructive than blindly posting this drivel.

I recommend that both my post and the above post be deleted as they do not pertain to the subject in this thread and truly serve no purpose.

ladybug

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
northern calif.
Well, they might clamp down on syringes (I believe that is how said terrorist activated his explosives...which seemed to result in him setting his leg on fire).

Edit: Those portable battery packs sure is slick! Gotta get me one of those. :)

He had the device in his underwear,more likely his crotch ignighted:) I hope he can't have little terrosist kids now.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
I flew out of the UK earlier this year but will not name the airport for reasons that will become obvious. I had a small suitcase with around 20 kits and accessories, including car chargers, spare batteries etc. I had a soft case for the 10 EVOs that I was carrying in my coat pocket. I was placing the soft case on the tray to be x-rayed when the Security Officer told me I could keep it on my person. Rather than argue with him I thought I would let the alarm go off, show them what I had and hand out a bunch of cards with a discount code:) To my surprise, in fact concern, the walk through alarm did not make a sound!!! I collected my suitcase and coat and continued unquestioned and unhindered, with 10 assembled ecigs in my pocket!!
John.

vjnnc

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
I don't travel too much, but continue to fear having my e-cigs confiscated because I never check luggage - and dread the thought of losing them and being without. When I do have to travel, I take e-cigs I'm willing to lose none the less - and I bind them with pens and pencils with a rubberband - it's worked 3 or 4 times since I started vaping - have to travel north tomorrow and am hoping for good luck once again.

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I have traveled to a couple of places since I started vaping. I have always placed in my carry-on my 510's with the atomizer disconnected and my PCC case in my backpack. My liquid goes in my checked bags or I place them in the small bag and carry them on like any other liquid. I just use the small 3ml bottles in my carry-on. There really is no reason for more than that on a flight. I have not brought my SB/BB/BSB with me on any flights yet but I have heard about people bringing there SD and Chucks so I don't think there is a problem with them either. After all it is just a battery holder.

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
I don't travel too much, but continue to fear having my e-cigs confiscated because I never check luggage - and dread the thought of losing them and being without. When I do have to travel, I take e-cigs I'm willing to lose none the less - and I bind them with pens and pencils with a rubberband - it's worked 3 or 4 times since I started vaping - have to travel north tomorrow and am hoping for good luck once again.
There is no reason to worry. I work at TSA and I vape. Just like the rest of you I am unable to bring any prohibited items through the checkpoint other than I am allowed to bring liquids so I can have some water at my place of work. I bring my PV with me every day with a spare battery and do not fear any type of repercussion. All my coworkers know I have it with me and all my superiors know as well. Do not be afraid to have your PV with you at the TSA checkpoint.

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
I can not say too much as being on the inside limits the amount of info I am able to post but I can say that the rules have not changed at all. Liquids have always needed to be in a bottle with a manufacturers label stating that it was under 3.4 ounces. I can say the both Dekang and JC liquid comes in a suitably labeled bottle and both are well under 3.4 ounces.

P.S.
We do not take any of the confiscated items. I get paid enough to go to the soda machine and spend $1 on my own bottle of water or to go to the water cooler we have and drink free water that wont get me fired. Yes I work for TSA, no I'm not an .... If any of you want to vape with TSA and happen to be flying through MCO Ill be happy to vape with TSA just send me a message.

Great to know this info! I will be travelling to PR next month from OIA

johnny bobcat

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Colorado
I flew out of the UK earlier this year but will not name the airport for reasons that will become obvious. I had a small suitcase with around 20 kits and accessories, including car chargers, spare batteries etc. I had a soft case for the 10 EVOs that I was carrying in my coat pocket. I was placing the soft case on the tray to be x-rayed when the Security Officer told me I could keep it on my person. Rather than argue with him I thought I would let the alarm go off, show them what I had and hand out a bunch of cards with a discount code:) To my surprise, in fact concern, the walk through alarm did not make a sound!!! I collected my suitcase and coat and continued unquestioned and unhindered, with 10 assembled ecigs in my pocket!!
John.
that kinda scares me, one would think there would be enough metal in them to set off the detector:confused:

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
What about those air travel kits with small bottles that you can buy in drugstores? They have no labels at all. I thought those were okay, or am I wrong?

I've never had problems with the smaller 5cc - 30cc bottles. I'm sure even TSA has some common sense as to size. Not talking about you 13ways!:D

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
What about those air travel kits with small bottles that you can buy in drugstores? They have no labels at all. I thought those were okay, or am I wrong?
I laughed the first time I saw them because they are not TSA approved as they imply to be. I have never seen anyone take them away though as they are obviously under the limit. As PTJD said we do have common sense.

I'm glad I came across this thread -- I'll be flying one-way from SFO to Phoenix next week, to pick up a car there and drive the back. I'd love to have my PV with me on the 12 hour drive back, as I don't want to smoke cigars in my new car (yet!).

From what I'm reading here, people have been getting them through -- has anyone actually had one confiscated by TSA?

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I'm glad I came across this thread -- I'll be flying one-way from SFO to Phoenix next week, to pick up a car there and drive the back. I'd love to have my PV with me on the 12 hour drive back, as I don't want to smoke cigars in my new car (yet!).

From what I'm reading here, people have been getting them through -- has anyone actually had one confiscated by TSA?

Read a few reports of being questioned, but can't actually remember anyone having it taken away. Some folks carry a SASE just in case, I don't see a need for one.

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
PV's will not be taken away from people going through a TSA checkpoint. They are not a prohibited item in any way shape or form. If it was a prohibited item then I would not be allowed to have it when I go to work. Working for TSA I am not allowed to bring any prohibited item through the checkpoint other than something to drink. hopefully that will put some peoples minds at ease about their PVs.

Moriah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Bentonville, AR
PTJD
I'm with you, I don't remember the last time I checked a bag. But, I'll bet you a buck that by the end of the year you will no longer have the option. The day is coming when you'll get one carryon... a purse, backpack or briefcase... everything else will go below. TSA is going to push for it and the airlines won't fight it. For the business traveler it will be a major pain in the _ss but I really don't see, shy of breakthrough technology for screening, any other reasonable option.

In anticipation of this I got a carryon suitcase with a laptop compartment -- suitcase holds about 5 outfits for me, 7 if I mix and match and reuse one or two pieces. So as long as I have access to a laundry, I can do 1 carryon for a trip longer than a week.

Then again I pack VERY light for a girl -- I worked on the road traveling by car where we didn't have baggage restrictions, and I had far less luggage on the 4 month rollout than any of my 3 male colleagues.

@ PTJD

I can also give you confirmation that Air France does not turn on their inflight map until you have left US Airspace. I was flying AF C class and talking with the C purser onboard regarding it. He didnt think it was going to become a permanant protocol, as this flight I was on was December 27th. While security was kinda crazy for pax, all crew members still had their normal privileges and made security nothing more than a typical day for us.

I was also on an Air India flight from FRA-ORD on Feb 17th, and the Inflight Map was turned off 2 hours before arrival, and 1 hour before arrival an announcement was made that "New security measures now require all passengers to remain in their seats with ALL personal items stowed in the overhead bins 1 hour prior to arrival on flights to the US. All pillows and blankets are to be placed underneath the seat in front of you or in the Overhead bins with your personal Items. If you need to use the restroom we kindly ask that you do so now, as cabin crew will be stricly enforcing this policy. Thank you"

I'll report back if I hear anything new.

Safe Travels,
RIAFlight25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread