Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Where did you see a reference that they cannot be carried on a plane? The lithium batteries are actually required to be transported as carry-on, rather than checked luggage, and the liquids fall under the general TSA guidance for carry-on liquids. I'm not disagreeing, just do not see where you got the information. (a ban on using them is not the same as a ban on transporting them)

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
what bothers me most about this is they are trying to make it so that you cannot even CARRY it on the plane.

I don't see where you're getting this from either.

Last time I flew (months ago) they didn't just say they prohibited ecigs, they said any use of smokeless tobacco. I guess using a snu on board is some big health threat, but people bombed out of their minds on bloody marys and whiskey is ok.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Wow. Lautenburg has a serious hate-on for nic-users.

He doesn't hate nic users; he "hates" nic users that don't follow current options. Lautenburg get a LOT of campaign money from drug companies that make nicotine therapy products....that's the motivation. Check his campaign financial reports for the list.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I think when they say no smokeless tobacco...they are saying no dipping, because lets be honest snus and nasal snuff are not well known to most Americans...at least around here. I would carry a can of nasal snuff. Or you could vape in the bathroom I guess...

I can see the reasoning, if to many people vaped 100 vg it would cloud up the cabin and there is no reason a non vaper should have to sit in a metal tube with vapers...we don't know any studies on second hand vaping effects...we can deduce its safer than second hand smoke but I know of no bunny/rat/human test that has ran for years where they have tested all the ingredients combined for side effects. There is no reason non vapers should have to sit through that if they don't want to.

JudgeVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
D.C./Maryland
And I wish them the best of luck in proving that I was using my PV.

Yup, assuming you were in the bathroom. Even if you screw up and somehow set off the smoke detector, there really isn't any way they could prove it.

Take controlled drags and exhales and blow it down the sink drain and there isn't any even momentary accumulation of visible vapor in the air at all. Even if one made the erroneous assumption that second-hand vapor is somehow harmful, it isn't even discourteous to others to vape in the lav in this manner (other than hogging the lav for a few minutes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread