E juice Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeBoy25

Jul 20, 2017
Hey recently i got some vape juice from vape wild and I dont know whats the problem but its horrible. Everytime I put it in the tank I barely taste the flavor and taste something very strong which i think is the nicotine. By the way Im using cinnamon toast crunch 12mg VG 65% / PG 35%. Everytime i vape its such a harsh taste and nothing is good or sweet about it? Is it because the VG is higher or something? And that i have 12mg nicotine? My friend has a vape that had nicotine in it but it was tasty and smooth. One little inhale with my alien kit and its horrible and harsh.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
Sounds like too much nic for a sub ohm... Try a lower nic and see if that helps. My friend and I put 2 TFV12s together. One with 0mg and one with 6mg.

The 0mg was nice while at 6mg it was almost intolerable to get past a 1.2 second hit. So 3mg should be a nice balance for a general sub ohm. (My store even warned him 6mg would probably be a bit too much as he proceeded to buy 4 bottles along with the tank)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The taste of the Nicotine in the liquid is not that different between 6mg or 12mg. A little, maybe - enough to ruin it? - No.
More to the point - 12mg in an Alien Kit (at the usual power range) sounds rare. I notice you don't mention the watts you are vaping at - this certainly is relevant to the harshness.

Reactions: Tonee N

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Lately it's needed 5 weeks before it's vape ready for me , and still not what their juice used to be.
I'll take your word for it since today is exactly 5 weeks vaping 5 weeks off stinkies for me and the first VW juices I got just hitting a month!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey recently i got some vape juice from vape wild and I dont know whats the problem but its horrible. Everytime I put it in the tank I barely taste the flavor and taste something very strong which i think is the nicotine. By the way Im using cinnamon toast crunch 12mg VG 65% / PG 35%. Everytime i vape its such a harsh taste and nothing is good or sweet about it? Is it because the VG is higher or something? And that i have 12mg nicotine? My friend has a vape that had nicotine in it but it was tasty and smooth. One little inhale with my alien kit and its horrible and harsh.
Might want to look at my and others post in (same problem):
Hello new at vaping please help my coil burnt?

Reactions: Tonee N

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I started with 12 mg nic in a pure vg mix, vaping DL since my son regifted me his setup, the cleto aspire tank and told me to vape it around 60 watts. (Or higher). My first day chain vaping was a massive fail, except that I knew something was weird (nic OD, I would probably say now but then I had no clue) but I was fortunate to find this site as I was sure something was up and was gently guided to a MTL tank, fortunately for me, the nautilus 2, using 0.7 coils with the occasional 1.8 as I still enjoy that vape. :)

Have you used a mouth-to-lung device? You will likely need to vape it at much lower watts, but it may give you more of a throat hit, if you want that. You could also try a vape with nicotine salts in it, many ppl report enjoying it at higher nic content (I use about 18 mg, now) and my setup is going beautifully... I was seeing that you were having harshness issues, nic salts are much smoother.... sometimes they seem to allow the user to up their nic content significantly to deal with cravings.... You may find them helpful and it's certainly worth a shot....

Best of luck, I am sure you'll find some of your answers here, and the links that BB has set up for your perusal are worth checking out....

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Pretty sure someone already pointed that out but you're using higher vg content which at most places don't allow you nic content over 6mg (which at 6 flavors are already somewhat muted) Pretty sure it's the juice and not your gear that's the issue. Otherwise i'd suggest getting your wattage down since you're vaping 65% vg only (for example i have a 75/25 vg/pg juice which i vape at like 50 watts. More nic = less flavor and doing sub 0hm vaping at over 6mg will mute the flavor even more. Fyi if you didn't know doing sub 0hm vaping makes you inhale twice as much nicotine when doing dtl inhales which means 6mg = 12 on a sub 0hm device which is why it's limited to that

At least that's how it is in canada...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I'm allergic to PG, so that's why I use my closest and favorite vape store, and they will give me all the nicotine I wanted in pure VG, they'd mix it at 18 m.g. for me and for all I know, higher. They don't recommend going higher than 12 on VG but they will do that. Freedom smoke USA... They're pretty cavalier about nicotine, and when the guy was examining my cleto he was able to tell me wattage ranges, my first comment was "Do I have to vape it that high, I think I'd just die...." To be fair, at that point the guy also said i might want to dilute my juice some, but I declined. I should have just STARTED with 6 m.g., that was pretty strong in my opinion, and I was surprised given the way I smoked, that it could get so low until the concept of sub-ohming was explained to me, then I switched to a nautilus 2 and raised my nic and became happy with my vape.

That said, I hope you get things figured out. It could be your coil, setup, or juice. IDK. But for heaven's sakes, don't vape your vape at 120 watts or something, that plus *whatever* nic you use, and everyone's tendency to chain vape when they are quitting.... It will be too much, I am thinking. I got quitters throat and did not need vst quantities of ANY vape, and finding liquids I could tolerate was difficult.

Take care, and good luck!

Anna

Reactions: QcVaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread