E-juice labeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Martinez

Sep 27, 2017
Hey guys, I just wanted to get some opinions on what y'all would like to see on an e-juice label. Also your opinions on "questionable" labels that you see on social media and sometimes on websites. Personally i believe that if it looks like, resembles, or flat out copy food/drink labels; that it shouldn't be supported. On the same belief for cartoon style labels. Just want to see different opinions on this matter.

Reactions: QcVaper

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not so concerned about labeling, especially since I am using DIY juices. Well, in that situation, I want my labels not to fall off but that's pretty much my only worry.

I suppose, to be fair, when I bought juices, they were just plain, boring labeled juices, but I usually bought from Freedom Smoke USA, I find their ejuice to be totally serviceable and decent prices, though I would in no way state that they were a "gourmet" juice vendor.

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I only DIY eLiquid for my own personal use ... however, I have photoshop and make my labels as if I bought my eJuice from some hipster, artzy fartzy, artisan crafted, over priced, back room juice mixing/shipping warehouse :blink:

WillyZJuicePak2.jpg

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I only DIY eLiquid for my own personal use ... however, I have photoshop and make my labels as if I bought my eJuice from some hipster, artzy fartzy, artisan crafted, over priced, back room juice mixing/shipping warehouse :blink:

View attachment 688609

Very nice. :)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
This is really the only label that bothered me that I've seen.... I have two small grandchildren and the thought of them accidentally thinking this was juice scares the crap out of me. I would NEVER buy something packaged like that, but that's just me. I do think some juice makers get a bit to carried away with the cartoons and stuff like that. I'm an adult and though I do like colorful labels, with the FDA on our backs it just doesn't seem to be to smart to have some of labels that are out there. My opinion only.

Attachments

• one_mad_hit_-_juice_box_e-liquid_-_180ml_cover.jpg
    one_mad_hit_-_juice_box_e-liquid_-_180ml_cover.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Contents of bottle and reviews are all I care about. I don't for good/bad in a review, I look for description. If someone says "this juice is no good, the orange is to strong" that's the juice I'll order. Or "this flavor is so nice and light", I'll steer clear.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
This is really the only label that bothered me that I've seen.... I have two small grandchildren and the thought of them accidentally thinking this was juice scares the crap out of me. I would NEVER buy something packaged like that, but that's just me. I do think some juice makers get a bit to carried away with the cartoons and stuff like that. I'm an adult and though I do like colorful labels, with the FDA on our backs it just doesn't seem to be to smart to have some labels that are out. My opinion only.
You can always transfer juice to another bottle. The adults in my life kept unsafe liquids out of reach and I was taught to not play with matches and lighters. Why should it be any different for vape supplies? It has always been the responsibility of the adults in a child's life to keep them safe, not the supplier's.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
You can always transfer juice to another bottle. The adults in my life kept unsafe liquids out of reach and I was taught to not play with matches and lighters. Why should it be any different for vape supplies? It has always been the responsibility of the adults in a child's life to keep them safe, not the supplier's.
True enough. Still though with all the FDA crap it's just seems to play into the "save the children" issue that tends to play a big part in laws and restrictions.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I diy as well, but many don't.

Label should show as complete a list of ingredients as possible, although the ingredients of, say, flavorings, may not be available. But nic %, PG/VG ratio should obviously be on the bottle. Maybe obligatory warnings against ingestion by people and pets...

Naming and graphics... that's a tougher part. I'm one of the few (apparently, to the FDA) adults who does like flavors. :D Something like "snicker-doodle" might catch my eye before "nutty chocolate caramel" but imo cartoon type images might be getting too close to the "for the kids" magilla to be a good idea.

Daniel Martinez

Sep 27, 2017
The label doesn't matter to me, it what's on the inside of the bottle. How a manufacture markets their product should be up to them, and the consumer can make the decision if an picture affects them.
I completely agree. This industry is one where we can vote with our dollars. Meaning exactly what you said. I know it always going to be a thing in this industry, but i completely agree with your statement.

Reactions: Letitia

Daniel Martinez

Sep 27, 2017
This is really the only label that bothered me that I've seen.... I have two small grandchildren and the thought of them accidentally thinking this was juice scares the crap out of me. I would NEVER buy something packaged like that, but that's just me. I do think some juice makers get a bit to carried away with the cartoons and stuff like that. I'm an adult and though I do like colorful labels, with the FDA on our backs it just doesn't seem to be to smart to have some of labels that are out there. My opinion only.
I think if the FDA wasn't so intense on the industry it wouldn't a huge problem. At that being said like you said; right now is not a time to be going crazy with labeling. I understand how it can appeal to a larger audience, but I always wonder if companies thought to themselves if its more important to make a buck or be safe.

Daniel Martinez

Sep 27, 2017
I diy as well, but many don't.

Label should show as complete a list of ingredients as possible, although the ingredients of, say, flavorings, may not be available. But nic %, PG/VG ratio should obviously be on the bottle. Maybe obligatory warnings against ingestion by people and pets...

Naming and graphics... that's a tougher part. I'm one of the few (apparently, to the FDA) adults who does like flavors. :D Something like "snicker-doodle" might catch my eye before "nutty chocolate caramel" but imo cartoon type images might be getting too close to the "for the kids" magilla to be a good idea.
Exactly... I could't agree anymore with that statement. I'm a huge bakery/fruit flavor guy so I know for a fact if it wasn't for those kinds of flavors.....I don't know if I could have made the switch. And I love getting a bottle and seeing the PG/VG ration even the ones that show all the percentages of the VG, PG, Nicotine, Flavoring, and other things (sweeteners, etc).

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I think if the FDA wasn't so intense on the industry it wouldn't a huge problem. At that being said like you said; right now is not a time to be going crazy with labeling. I understand how it can appeal to a larger audience, but I always wonder if companies thought to themselves if its more important to make a buck or be safe.
Many companies have made clear where their priorities lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread