Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Not sure what thread to post this in so mods feel free to move if necessary. Here is how I mix my e juice. I am thinking about putting a heat lamp to try and get the temp at the bottles to approx 175 F. the temp at which alcohol evaporates. Thoughts/Suggestions?o_O

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
I think the Centrifugal force created will make it so not much mixing is happening.
BTW alcohol will evaporate at room temp so no need to heat it up, probably doing more harm to your juice at that temp anyway, I would imagine. And unless you have the cap off no alcohol will evaporate. Not sure if you were thinking of heating it while you "mixed" it or not.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I believe nicotine starts to degrade over 150 degrees which is considered bad for the juice. For steeping you shouldnt go over that temp. Don't quote me on that though. You can find more info on what I'm talking about in the Diy section of this forum. Search for speed steeping or steeping with heat. Something like that. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I think the Centrifugal force created will make it so not much mixing is happening.
BTW alcohol will evaporate at room temp so no need to heat it up, probably doing more harm to your juice at that temp anyway, I would imagine. And unless you have the cap off no alcohol will evaporate. Not sure if you were thinking of heating it while you "mixed" it or not.
The angle of the bottles i think would help combat the force. I can definitely see that its being mixed when i stop it, there is all kinds of nasty bubbles/foam rising to the top.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Shake the bottle vigorously and remove the cap. Place the open bottle in a warm, dry room away from sunlight for a few hours (maybe 4). The warmer the room and amount of alcohol will determine the time needed. This method is subjective to reach your ideal mix and is the process that I use when I find alcohol present. Replace the cap and shake again. Repeat as necessary. Good luck.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I am so glad the vast majority of my recipes are shake-n-vape...

It never ceases to amaze me how often people come up with these unique mad scientist ways of making there juices. This is one of the reasons why this forum is never boring:)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
There all interesting methods and reasonably safe as long as your careful with power tools. I prefer the more common methods of mixing my base and flavoring using cylinders and syringes to measure then shaking and vaping and if nessessary steeping in warm water using an ultrasonic cleaner. The one that scares me the most are the people that steep in a microwave. I've already herd of several people getting scalded by a super heated mix as well as bottles bursting. So if your going to get creative please think it through carefully. In my opinion the safer method is always the better method.

Last edited:

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
There all interesting methods and reasonably safe as long as your careful with power tools. I prefer the more common methods of mixing my base and flavoring using cylinders and syringes to measure then shaking and vaping and if nessessary steeping in warm water using an ultrasonic cleaner. The one that scares me the most are the people that steep in a microwave. I've already herd of several people getting scalded by a super heated mix as well as bottles bursting. So if your going to get creative please think it through carefully. In my opinion the safer method is always the better method.
Im a mechanic I use air and power tools all day, So I have that safety aspect covered. Im not a fan of a microwave method at all. I usually just hot water bath and shake by hand. But I was bored with a slow time at work and just through this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread