E juice that doesn't gunk coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Any suggestions?
My diy is 50/50 PG VG and 1% flavoring (see below). There is no gunking of the coil for practical purposes. Even so I rewick twice a week and rebuild once or twice a month to keep the best possible flavor and throat hit. One of the reasons I use a simple rda is it is fast to rewick and rebuild and DIY gives me control of flavoring. I mix once a month. That job takes may be 20 minutes. An interesting thing with vaping, the less you spend the better the vape.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
What gunks up coils is still a debate. With no flavoring at all, plain vg will gunk a coil. Plain pg doesn't. Nic level has no real affect despite what some say. I've vaped 24mg unflavored 80pg/20vg for 2 months on the same build with no gunking.

Any sweet flavor will gunk a coil including plain vg due to the sugar carmelizing but natural sugar won't gunk as fast as the added sweeteners do. The sweeter the juice the faster it gunks up a coil.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Any suggestions?

Yeah...

Less Flavoring
Less Sweetener
No Added Colorants
Running Thinner e-Liquids (Less VG and or Added H2O)
Faster Ramp Down Times
Bigger Diameter Coils with Good Wicking
Take Shorter Hits
Reduced Wire Temp
Increased Airflow
Less ml's per Day

YMMV

Reactions: WillyZee

KingTurtleLeg

Feb 4, 2017
Yeah...

Less Flavoring
Less Sweetener
No Added Colorants
Running Thinner e-Liquids (Less VG and or Added H2O)
Faster Ramp Down Times
Bigger Diameter Coils with Good Wicking
Take Shorter Hits
Reduced Wire Temp
Increased Airflow
Less ml's per Day

YMMV
That sounds like no fun at all!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reactions: WillyZee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Some vapers live for the sweet juices especially if they are new vapers and testing all the waters, we all have done it and we all have wasted money on YUK juice. I rebuilt coils early in my journey so coil gunking juice wasn't a big issue for me. It became the sweetness of the juices that started a domino effect with me that led me to start vaping less sweet juice that is hard to find crap shooting internet vendors then wasting money. I had to DIY to get away from oversweet juice. Vaping clearos then protanks the sweet issue was there but not rampant until I started subtanks and lower ohm coils then all the problems rose rapidly.
My domino effect from commerical juices was severe drymouth that led to excessive water drinking to quench the unquenchable thirst, being 53 my bladder isn't young and strong so up every 2 hours in the night to pee along sugar buzzes from subohm sweet juices.
My Hangsen tobaccos give me 3 weeks to a month of vaping before my rayon poops out which is double the usual lifespan of the same coil wicked with cotton. Experience will tell you when your coil is toast or that "devil schite into your mouth" taste.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Typically fruit vapes are pretty clean. Anything bakery, tobacco or desert-like is more than likely going to gunk your coils.
If you want specific vendors, I am not much help there. I don't buy much premade juice these days BECAUSE they are usually oversweetened to death.
(Back in the day, Ahlusion was the bomb... very clean and not over-sweetened. Maybe check them out?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread