e-juice turnin brown?!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by witty handle, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. witty handle

witty handle Full Member

I just got my ego setup yesterday, along with a bottle of hickory tobacco e-juice...love the flavor, but by the end of the second fill on 1.6ml clearomizer...the juice is DARK brown, wayyyy darker than what's in the bottle it came in...is this normal?

2. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's normal as far as I can tell. With the tank, you can see what's going on inside, so Lord knows what color your juice is turning when it's inside a carto. I've heard a couple of explanations, and these might not be the best, but one is that PG burns off at a faster rate than other parts of the liquid, so you've basically got a concentrate at the bottom, which would be darker. The other is that perhaps the heat that it's exposed to as you're vaping away changes the color. I like this explanation because heat speeds up chemical reactions. Your juice will generally turn darker colors as you store it long-term too.

3. YoureFired

YoureFired Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've had some clear juices go completely brown in the tank.. BUT, that's only because there must have been a few drops of a darker juice left in the carto from prior use. Freaked me out at first. I was like, I KNOW this juice was crystal clear this morning.. I guess it just takes a drop of dark juice to turn the whole tank brown. Like a dye.

4. witty handle

witty handle Full Member

makes sense...i think, lol

5. witty handle

witty handle Full Member

in this case the clearomizer was brand new, no other juice had been in it...thanks though

6. Gigio

Gigio Full Member

Light :) Keep your e-liquids in a dark, fresh place and don't worry :) Eventually most of (all) your eliquids will turn dark :)

G;

7. YoureFired

YoureFired Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you Google "eliquid turning brown," you'll find a lot of explanations. Besides temperature, attys, oxidation, and gunk or old darker juices on the coils/wicks, e-juice gobblins are also blamed. lol

8. witty handle

witty handle Full Member

naturally...ejuice goblins and trolls were my first and obvious explanation...hey, what the hell...might as well blame Obama for this too! lol

9. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

LOL! Darn those e-juice goblins!

10. witty handle

witty handle Full Member

probably the same ones stealing my money all the time since I always seem to wake up broke!

11. X P3 Flight Engineer

X P3 Flight Engineer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you are using a Star Dust, Vision eGo Clearomizer, or whatever they are calling them today, this is normal.

Relax, Enjoy!

12. TheMuppet

TheMuppet Senior Member ECF Veteran

i was goin to say the wicks on the stardust show backward seeping of darker juices but seems normal too me ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.