E-leaf Battery leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elene

Jun 16, 2017
There is this thing I'm very concerned about, my Eleaf ijust one starter kit e-cig is leaking in an unusual way. This is my first device and I already know it's not a really quality one and leaks A LOT. I've managed to stop leaking at some point by replacing the coil that came with it, it rarely leaks now, especially when I let it "heat up" a bit with a few drags until I start vaping, but recently it started leaking from the very bottom of the device, I mean from where the battery should be.. There is a tiny hole in there, but I doubt it is for the device to leak from? I started noticing it when the place it stands on the table had e-liquid. I checked the bottom part and there was juice coming out of that tiny hole. I knew the device was leaking on battery but how is it possible for it to get in there? from what I see from the air holes there is no place for liquid to drip in there? I tried searching but didn't find anything similar to this issue. This doesn't happen often, but then again, I don't touch it often anymore because I'm paranoid.

I'm still fairly new to vaping but this sounds like something to be concerned about..

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you've had a lot of leaking, it's possible that e-juice got down through your connection and into the mod. I'm not sure how much cleaning you can do (is this an internal battery mod? I don't have one). If it is, you may need to take it in somewhere to a B&M vape shop to see if they can do anything to help you clean it out. I'm not sure I'd vape it in its current condition.

With that said, someone may come by with a solution for you. Best of luck,

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If a tank leaks, it is a given that if it stays attached to the device, the liquid WILL find its way inside the device.

If you've solved the tank leak issue, you've probably solved the device issue and you might not see any more liquid on the table.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Depending on what eleaf/Istick you have I'd go onto youtube and see if it can be taken apart so you can clean it the best you can. Chances are a B&M won't replace or charge you big to clean if the atty has leaked into the mod. Whats going to happen is with enough juice to leak out the bottom is that it is saturated inside and your going to short something out inside prolly the board rendering the mod now useless.

Last edited:

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Drain your tank. Take it apart and clean everything. Make sure top and bottom o rings are seated properly, and the coil is screwed down tight. I assume by little holes you mean it’s coming out of the venting grooves on top of battery. You’re not alone.

iJust S leaks • r/electronic_cigarette

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Unless you are supremely good at electronics (I'm not) I might take it to a B&M with some knowledgeable employees (if you have one near you) to see what they can do as far as disassembly, and cleaning around the battery.

Because it's all one set, you'd either have to watch some tutorials online (if they exist) in how to do this, or take it somewhere where they do.

I know it's a PITA, but I probably would not vape a mod that had juice leaking out of the battery vent holes. It's fairly possible that the electronics may be a sticky mess, and you'd be better off taking it in somewhere or at least trying some disassembly yourself if you are up for that and can find a video of your mod being disassembled. If you feel fairly confident in electronics and disassembly, I would disassemble what you can, and clean what you can, then maybe let it sit for a few hours (disassembled) to make sure any further stickiness/juice is evaporated as best you can. Don't use rice but if there was liquid coming out of my battery vents I wouldn't vape the mod because that means the liquid has run down through your electronics, which isn't really safe, in my opinion.

This is just my opinion, but I think you are getting others saying it would be more ideal (since you've figured out the source of the leaks) to make sure your battery and electronics are still OK and won't be causing an immediate problem or one down the line.

I guess it's equally possible that all the liquid ran out, but you know, e-juice is sticky. Good luck! If you can't do any of that, I'd maybe have at it on a low setting on the blowdryer to try and get some of that juice to evaporate, but I don't see this as an ideal way to handle it....

Anna

Reactions: redeuce

Elene

Jun 16, 2017
You must know how to unscrew the tank because you’ve filled it.
Eleaf-iJust-ONE-Starter-Kit---1100mAh_14_70c169.jpg

so you can have a better idea

Thanks for the answers, unfortunately in my place, you can't just try to get a "professional" fix something and not worry about it blowing up later. I won't risk doing it myself either, though even it would be safer than a "professional" doing it.

Thank you Anna. Yes it is a bad idea to keep vaping on a device like this. I was just curious of HOW bad this could be, but seems like no one from replies has had issues on this device or this device at all, which is good, because I really regret not saving up to buy something better, even as a beginner. This is a really bad product..

But since I don't have any solution right now besides cleaning the device as well as I can (which I will do) I will keep using it and hoping that it will at least heat up in case it decides to blow up in my face. So I will throw it out of window or something, which I really want to do right now btw.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Best of luck with it, you *may* be fine. I'd gently blow dry it through the vents on a very low setting (not much heat) and get at what you can. To be fair, ejuice getting into a device does happen, so it's not completely certain that you'll have major issues, I'd just try to dry it as best you can (safely) and hope most of the e-juice leaked out. I mean, I rewrapped a battery that was floating in coffee, and I really thought I'd have to get rid of it, but no, it was fine.

Does this device have wattage? Start really low, if it does. Hopefully it will all work out, and if it does, the good news is you have fixed the leaking problem, so if it works, it works.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, I mean, the electronics are likely protected, and the good news is, e-juice may be sticky, but if you get it dried out enough, any residue left may not so much matter inside the mod.... Good luck yeah, and well, be prepared to toss it from you, too. If you have a fire extinguisher you might want to have it on hand during your first vapes. Just sayin', don't break a window if it's not *necessary*, LOL.

Anna

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
I missed that yours is the original. The later models had tanks with a top and bottom. That is not a very good design. Do you have a can of compressed air, like for blowing off computer keys? Try blowing out the battery top with that. That’s quite a design.

Elene

Jun 16, 2017
I have finally found something related to this and the picture is very accurate too

eGO AIO leaking from hole UNDER the battery? • r/electronic_cigarette

YkHU70F.jpg

though not much info there either and nothing from the OP :/

The cracked glass thing made me suspicious but my glass has no cracks and then like mentioned in that thread, wouldn't it just leak outside the glass too? :/

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I have finally found something related to this and the picture is very accurate too

eGO AIO leaking from hole UNDER the battery? • r/electronic_cigarette

YkHU70F.jpg

though not much info there either and nothing from the OP :/

The cracked glass thing made me suspicious but my glass has no cracks and then like mentioned in that thread, wouldn't it just leak outside the glass too? :/
    Not necessarily. A bad o-ring or cracked glass allows air In, then the eliquid flows out another pathway.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    I have never had an IJust One but I have had liquid leak into the battery compartment and onto the internal chip. Specifically on my IPV5s. In those cases there was no problem with the batteries but the juice gummed up the firing buttons and made them hard to fire. I would clean the mod and tank as well as you can. I don't see where you would have a problem using your set-up. It will more than likely just quit working if there is a problem. Save up your money and order an Eleaf Pico kit. Most places online and Ebay, you can get the full kit for under $30 plus about $10 for a battery. Use normal caution with your current set-up and don't leave it charging unattended. Good Luck

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Thanks for the answers. I vaped yesterday and paid extra attention to the bottom, it didn't leak, but it hasn't leaked for a while anyway. It's really unpleasant when it happens, hope it will remain like this for a while
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Glad to hear you have a solution to your problem, and I also hope for no recurrence. I suspect most vape equipment manages to come into contact with e-liquid at some time or the other, so I would not lose any sleep over this.
    Side note: Looks like Eleaf supplies the kit with " Spare Tank Seal Pack ", could check out this item in the instruction manual.
    With regards to:
    I was just curious of HOW bad this could be, but seems like no one from replies has had issues on this device or this device at all, which is good, because I really regret not saving up to buy something better, even as a beginner. This is a really bad product..
    The Ijust appears to be a simple device, if any thing, this device when functioning properly, may have gave you an idea on what a good vape could taste like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread