Not open for further replies.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I have been using the online e-liquid Calculator and like that it gives me the price to make 10, 20, 30, and so on, mls of juice. I tried a new recipe that I found here (an old one posted by @SGT Rock and later by @Tmebs. I liked it and am playing with proportions and maybe a sub for the toasted marshmallow but that isn't my question. My question is about the cost of the juice. Can the e-liquid Calculator not calculate the prices of the small amounts of juices? The price for just 10 mls is greater than the price of just the flavors alone. Something is not right. Oh, and yes, in my flavor stash I typed in the bottle sizes and price I paid, figuring that was how the calculator figured out the price of the resulting juice. I am SO confused. Maybe I should post this on their forum, but with all the geniuses here, I hoped someone would have an answer. Thanks!
2ut0y1t.jpg

Reactions: Tmebs

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I think that my original premise that the calculator doesn't calculate in the price for the 1 or 2 % if a flavor. If I felt like doing the math, I could figure out exactly what it does calculate. I plugged this into a different calculator (not as robust but it does figure the prices.) This batch of juice would cost me 57 cents to make. That sounds more like it. I will send a message to the e-juice calculator people and see if this something they can fix. It is a small problem but still a problem.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Oh, wow - I am feeling so *duh* right now. I input the newer flavors as .10 instead of 10.00 for bottle size. :blush: Without flavoring that is expensive as gold, this juice would cost 42 cents for 10 ml. I knew it was wrong but guess I was just tired to see my major error.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I used to spend $40 something a month on four 50ml bottles of vendor juice. It was a no brainer to realize that I would make back my initial investment in 3 or 4 months. After that, it's all cheap. A liter of Nic is really the most expensive outlay, but at your (and my) nic levels we'll get 4 to 6 years from a liter of nic.

I bought my nic at $50 a liter from MyFreedomSmokes. After a little more than a year of DIY my first liter is down about an inch and a half mixing at 3% nic strength. I use 1.5mg to mix a 50ml bottle.

Reactions: PJReid

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I used to spend $40 something a month on four 50ml bottles of vendor juice. It was a no brainer to realize that I would make back my initial investment in 3 or 4 months. After that, it's all cheap. A liter of Nic is really the most expensive outlay, but at your (and my) nic levels we'll get 4 to 6 years from a liter of nic.

I bought my nic at $50 a liter from MyFreedomSmokes. After a little more than a year of DIY my first liter is down about an inch and a half mixing at 3% nic strength. I use 1.5mg to mix a 50ml bottle.

It is absolutely amazing how inexpensive homemade juice is and how easy it is to make it. I read recipes and tips, etc. and was still leery of trying it. My husband said, "Leave it to the experts" and I took that as a challenge. :D I am a proficient chef and can make anything so why not e-juice? I bought a liter of Nic from MyFreedomSmokes for $40 on a special sale and yes, that will last for years. Flavors are also inexpensive. All I really want is a good menthol and I don't do bakery flavors, nutty flavors, even fruit flavors though I might try putting a little citrus in my menthol. Experimenting is fun but since I am a menthol vaper, the experimenting is limited. I like the recipe with the Creme de Menthe but need to tailor it to my tastes. At 42 cents per 10 ml, I can experiment as much as I like.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
@PJReid, I am still using this recipe.
I will be forever grateful to SGT Rock for this recipe. Been using it since 2/15 and never seem to grow tired of it or burned out on the flavor.
I remember figuring it costing me about a buck fifty for 30 mls. and never really thought about it again.

I mix it now in 180ml batches, I have tried FA marshmellow and Tfa marshmellow but settled on 2% Tfa Toasted Marshmallow as my preferred mix.

Glad you found it too and enjoy it! Thanks SgtRock!!!!
:toast:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@PJReid, I am still using this recipe.
I will be forever grateful to SGT Rock for this recipe. Been using it since 2/15 and never seem to grow tired of it or burned out on the flavor.
I remember figuring it costing me about a buck fifty for 30 mls. and never really thought about it again.

I mix it now in 180ml batches, I have tried FA marshmellow and Tfa marshmellow but settled on 2% Tfa Toasted Marshmallow as my preferred mix.

Glad you found it too and enjoy it! Thanks SgtRock!!!!
:toast:

I love it too! I liked it a lot as written but of course, felt the need to tinker with it a bit. I might go back to the original once I have tried other variations. I made up a 10ml batch with EM instead of the Toasted Marshmallow on a lower % on the Sweet Cream. I haven't tried it yet so we shall see. Wonderful recipe though and yes, thank you @SGT Rock! I would never ever have tried Creme de Menthe otherwise. ❤️

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Since I had been a menthol smoker for almost 40 yrs, my first e liquid flavors were always menthol or candy cane or some such flavor.
When I decided to mix my own, I of course purchaed all the mints and menthol. I could never get anything out of the spearmint, peppermint or wintergreen flavors that I liked. They all ended up tasting like bad toothpaste to me.
But then creme de menthe was something I could enjoy and had been having a B&M mix for me and sweeten.
When I found that recipe it wasn't long before I was mixing and thoroughly enjoying it.
I think I may have tweeked it a little from the original also, but I LOVE it. Vape it all day every day!!!

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I like the batch I made up with the few alterations. I am not yet done tinkering with it but EM instead of the Toasted Marshmallow (since I am not a big fan of marshmallow or toasted flavors) and the lower amount of Sweet Cream might be a bit closer to my tastes. Once I have perfected it to my satisfaction, I will post the recipe along with the original because everyone who smoked menthols needs to know about this wonderful recipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread