e-liquid gel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyeyes

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
Florida
May be able to add some pectin to the liquid to make it gel. I'm not sure if pectin would vape or if a non-modded PV could even handle it. I used to make homemade strawberry jam and had to use pectin.

Description

Pectin is a long chain of pectic acid and pectinic acid molecules. Because these acids are sugars, pectin is a polysaccharide. It is prepared from citrus peels and the remains of apples after they are squeezed for juice.
In the plant, pectin is the material that joins the plant cells together. When fungus enzymes break down the pectin in fruit, the fruit gets soft and mushy.
Pectin is a thickener in many products. If there is sufficient sugar in the mixture, pectin forms a firm gel.

Jams and jellies are thickened with pectin. Pectin binds water, and thus keeps products from drying out. It stabilizes emulsions.
Pectin combines with the calcium and whey proteins of milk, stabilizing foams and gels made with cream or milk. Pectin is not digested, and is considered a beneficial dietary fiber.

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
Great idea except for me it won't happen,

1. I vape to save $$ (this doesnt matter for my point but it is the main reason I decided to vape)

2. I was tired of breathing in all those chemicals, Vape only has a few and I dont want to add more.

Gel? If I get that lazy I'll lite up an analog.

Good though cept the addition of more chemicals, my 2cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilporcupine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread