E-Liquid in a Normal Vaporizer?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by nicotine_nick, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nicotine_nick

nicotine_nick Full Member

I recently bought a normal vaporizer, the best one there is, the "Volcano Digit", you can google it if you want.

Now this device came with an absorbent pad for "liquid vaporization" mentioning "herbal essences." My first thought of course was if I could use it to vaporize liquid nicotine. I couldn't find any info on the internet nor any info on what you're actually supposed to use it for.

Anyone have any clues if it'll work with e-liq or any other liquids I could use it with.

Thanks a lot.
    - Nick

2. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Nick, This machine from what I could gather is for vaporing herbs. It doesn't say anywhere where liquids can be used. If I were you I would e-mail these people and ask them. I know you wanted it for e-liquid, but it may not work for that purpose. The rules state we don't discuss alternate lifestyles (as it applies to herbs..lol) on this board so be prudient about questions. Just a heads up.
    Welcome to ECF!:)

3. Crash

Crash Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Hey mate I don't think thats a smart idea until you know what you're doing, I've been doing a series of videos on the iolite (handheld vaporizer designed for herbs) and when I loaded it up with e liquid I almost coughed up my lungs. So do your research watch some of those videos they might be informative.

4. nicotine_nick

Thanks for the reply, I tried to keep that as drug talk-free as possible, I could be using that Volcano vaporizer for tobacco for all you know lol.

I mentioned in my original post that I couldn't find anywhere on the internet that mentioned the liquid vaporization, that's why I came here. Because the vaporizer definitely came with a little absorbent pad ,with some vague instructions about "herbal essences" (liquid chamomile, eucalyptus, lavender essences and the such.)

I don't see why it wouldn't work, e-cigs are basically mini vaporizers.

Any thoughts?
    - Nick

5. nicotine_nick

Thanks for the reply Crash, I know what kind of handheld vaporizer you have, when you tried did you have the liquid nicotine in something absorbent or did you just boil up the liquid?

- Nick

6. d0kieSmok

d0kieSmok Senior Member ECF Veteran

u just need to set the volcano's temp to around the same temp that ecigs work @.

7. nicotine_nick

Yeah I'm going to do some internet research and start a thread in the tech forums to get the right temp. and I think I'm going to give it a try.

I'll post results here later, if anyone cares lol

- Nick

8. vapin_calgary

vapin_calgary Unregistered Supplier

370 F is what i have read somewhere that PG boils at so i would say that would be a good place to start. if you do find out a good spot on the dial please let me know. i have the older version with no digital readout and only have 1-9 to pick from

9. nicotine_nick

It certainly works.

I put 3-5 drops of 48mg Mrarlbro e-liq on the Volcano vaporizer liquid vape pad and heated the Volcano up to 300, I turned on the air until without the bag to pre-heat it and once to vapor started coming out I snapped on the bag and let it fill up.

It was a little harsh, but you could really taste the flavor and I got a good head change.

- Nick

Btw 300 F on the Classic is like 3 or 1/2.

10. Lithium1330

Lithium1330 Super Member ECF Veteran

Check this post: I-Inhale from Smokejuice.co.uk

It is full of tips to use the I-Inahle/Iolite with herbs, shisha tobacco and e-liquids.

11. nicotine_nick

Ah cool lithium,
    I wish could have found that link so I didn't have through the whole forum thing lol. My first was thread actually deleted because I mentioned I vaporize "other" things.

But yep it works quite well if have some absorbent material to drip into.

- Nick

: volcano
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.