E-liquid inhaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elene

Jun 16, 2017
First of all, I apologize if this is a wrong section. Secondly, I'm new here and glad I've joined ;)

I'm pretty sure this have been discussed numerous times yet I still can't find a post that explains my case JUST like it is. I've read about liquid getting into mouth but I'm not sure if it is the case.

I've been vaping for a while, for a beginner, maybe about a month and I haven't had any issues until a few days ago. I never experienced so called dry hits (no idea what they are like), the flavour is very pleasant and smoke is fine too. The thing is, sometimes it feels like I'm inhaling liquid? I don't know how else to explain this feeling. I don't feel liquid getting into mouth but when I inhale it feels like there is a liquid in my throat and I need to exhale to avoid coughing. Could it be that dreadful dry hit or it's actually liquid getting into mouth? It also leaves this weird taste (not too gross, not pleasant either) in my mouth.

Yesterday it was a regular vape, had no issues, inhaled as much as I wished. Today I can hardly inhale. Just keep it in mouth and let out :nah:

Meeker128

Jun 16, 2017
Vallejo CA
A dry hit tastes burnt. It kind of sounds like you're choking. I'm guessing you were not a cigarette smoker. There is no reason to take the vapor into your lungs if you aren't used to the feeling. You might get teased a little, but I'd do whatever feels comfortable.
Beyond that, you may need to adjust your setup to get less "throat hit". I'm fairly new to vaping myself and the experienced folks will probably need the details of your tank and battery to help you.

Elene

Jun 16, 2017
Thank you

I am a smoker and I still smoke as the first e-liquid I bought (still using) is nicotine free. I guess I'm not quitting anytime soon considering that a juice will choke me, wonder what the one with nicotine will do :sleep: I've been "taking it into my lungs" since I bought it, so how can a smoker possibly choke on a harmless juice?

Like I mentioned, yesterday I had no issue with it. I have Eleaf ijust one. It's a simple device as you probably already know.

Vaping right now and it just doesn't feel right and leaves that sour taste in mouth.

And to possibly explain it better, while before I felt pleasant warmth while inhaling now I feel like the vape is wet lol...

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
When was the last time your replaced the atomizer head?
Do you occasionally dry the drip tip & air tube with twisted napkin/paper towel or qtip?
Dual useage can cause some folks to experience all sorts of random unexplainable tastes.

Upgrading to an adjustable output power device and trying a simple mtl delivery device that more closely resembles the draw of a cigarette may be helpful.

Then you'd be able to adjust power up/down to find your personal sweet spot using a wide variety of pg/vg ratios, resistances / endless combinations.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The iJust one with the 0.3ohm coil head is not a basic e-cig in some respects. It uses a serious amount of power and will most probably do all sorts of unpredictable things. I like this particular coil (atomizer head) but use them in tanks on mods that control the power.
In honesty... I don't see it as a beginner product.

Reactions: Izan

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
a dry hit is close in flavor as lighting the filter of a ciggie... harsh, nasty, and will definately choke you up in a hurry.
I have found that when dual using, if you get away from the vape for a few hours since you were doing ciggies, going back to the vape can seem harsh... use the ciggie when you are at the end of your rope, but try to do the vape more often. It takes time for the body to transition to a new type of inhaled "irritant" ( if it makes you cough/choke, its an irritant).
as far as the liquid feeling, VG/PG is a pretty heavy vapor and coats things rather well ( go to a local vape shop that allows vaping in the store and check out a glass display case that hasnt been cleaned lately ;) ) the "coating" effect is probably what you are feeling in the throat.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Hi Elene! Welcome to the ECF.

Well, a Dry Hit will feel and taste like fire and Will close your throat - cough to force the bad vapor out.. It Sucks..

Sounds more like your coil isn't doing too great. May be time to change it. They can still work when they are close to end of life, but they start to take on a nasty taste that can still be vapable. You may also want to change your eliquid. If you are using straight VG it can be more moist than you like. A 20PG/80VG may be a better mix for you (No, you haven't told us what PG/VG mix you're using.. just guessing..)

The coils for your iJust come in several varieties. Don't use the blue or red ringed ones on yours, those are for temperature controlled devices and will not work properly with your device. You should be using the EC 0.3 ohm coils, although you can try several of the other versions.

Hope you figure out your issue.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So yea, it sounds like too much throat hit. I get that sometimes too. I do like quite a bit of throat hit though. I bet someone knows the ways to reduce that. I'd have to research. You may need higher ohms and lower PG in your juice, but I may be wrong.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to try the search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "definition: Throat hit".
Could also type in: "definition: Dry hit".
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Reactions: Tonee N

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Could be a flooding coil...sometimes a coil if it sits or is under powered can flood slightly, this can make the vape more harsh then usual. By vaping it out , this slight flood goes away making that harshness disappear again. This along with a high vg juice , which is kind of syrupy, can have a coat your throat kind of feeling

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Elene & welcome
A thought occurred to me when reading your description and thinking you are describing the difference between a wet vape versus a dry vape ( not to be confused with a dry hit). The off & on nature of it got me thinking that your mod is effected by the battery's charge. As your battery runs down so does the power to the coil and as the power drops so does the coils heat leading to a much wetter vape. Any chance the problem correlates with you charging the device?

The answer is as others have suggested is to get a variable power mod.

Reactions: mcclintock

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Correct me if i'm wrong but can't it be spitback issues ? I've had that feeling too but looking into my driptip it had juice accumulated in it , also in the hole in which you put the tip (i'm new to vaping too don't know every parts by name) i just clean those bits and no more issues here. Imo it could be how you vape,my clearomiser was leaking crazy until about an hour ago when i figured i was probably drawing too hard on it , my vape feels much more moist (no idea if it's normal but it does feel kinda nice) and no more leaking/spitback

nb:i use an aspire nautilus 5ml with a fumytech ferobox 45tc.

Reactions: mcclintock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread