E-Liquid Sedimented on Lung because Vaping (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thermopylia

Aug 24, 2016
INA
1477571443233.jpg

So this girl posting this on her soc-med account. My friend sent me this ss and warn me about side-effect of vaping.

It said:

"Info for my friends who vapes...!!! Last night I have feeling pain in my chest... hard to breathe, a bit swollen caused by chemicals a.k.a liquid sedimented on my lung. It get sucked and all of them is Chocolate Liquid. If you want to believe it or not its your own choices..!!! It's terrifying even though I'd like vaping so much {vape Casualties} even though I didn't drink that why it all get sedimented.."

Does anyone have known same issue like this girl or its just a made up story?
*sorry for bad translation

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Yep, and some silly people believe that garbage and have in mind, that vaping is terribly dangerous! Pure propaganda. Same thing here in Germany...where sometimes things like that can be read in some kinda "newspaper"...one of them, the worst, because very, very popular...for dumb people... is the "BILD"..and there are many others. So sick.

Reactions: Mice Elf

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
If your curious I would ask your friend for more information. I have heard stories of allergies associated with vaping. Heck, I'm allergic (allergic response) with certain flavors. I couldn't find any info on this and believe me...the media would be all over it.

Personally, I'm weaning myself down and will soon be off the vape. This is my goal to improve my lung function. Vaping has caused shallow breathing for me. It could be my fault IDK.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
@Thermopylia This list of studies showing the safety of vapor is a few years old but, it may help you. Not sure if you will be able to translate it so that you are able to understand.
The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? *Updated 2/16/14 – Vapex

I have been vaping for 6 plus years and have never had to have any type of fluid "sucked out of or off of" my lungs if that is any consolation to you.

I am a heavy vaper so if it was going to happen, it would have by now.

ETA- I have had pneumonia once since I started vaping. Trying to be delicate in explaining but, when I would cough "stuff" up from my lungs, the phlegm tasted exactly like the ejuice flavor that I had been vaping. So, I am not sure if maybe some of the scent from the flavoring may absorb into phlegm.

I will tell you that I never touched that flavor again ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joergl100

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
No individual is a "study".

So----Anything can happen, to anybody, under certain circumstances, there are millions of medical stories where things happen to somebody that don't happen to "everybody".

so it doesn't mean things don't happen. Perfect storm and all that.

As for the article, we don't have enough information, we have no formal diagnosis from her pulmonologist.

It may all be coincidental, i.e.. you take up vaping and get an embolism in your lungs but it had nothing to do with vapiing, it was just coincidental.

We will never know.

But I will never be one to say that it is impossible for vaping to hurt somebody under just the "right" circumstances, for them, allergies, vaping combining with other health issues, etc. There are not enough studies.

Vaping is harm reduction. If you smoke and want to reduce your risk, then vaping is the thing to do, without a doubt. That much we CAN say. :)

I can understand someone who is going to quit smoking AND not vape. But to keep smoking because you think vaping may be dangerous doesn't make sense t me, given what we KNOW.

Reactions: Joergl100

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
the best thing about vaping is that you can control your nicotine....so if you think it is not the very best thing for your lungs, you can keep dropping your nic and eventually quit vaping a WHOLE LOT EASIER than it was or would be to quit smoking cold turkey.

I am one who thinks the best way to take care of your lungs is to just breathe air, so if that is your idea, then vaping gives you a METHOD by which to eventually achieve that, you can use it as a step-down method and as a pacifier, while also getting off cigarettes.

You have more freedom and control over your "habit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread