E-liquid suppliers - what is on your label?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunkhan

Feb 18, 2014
Berlin
I live in Germany and there has been a ......ed law change:
Liquid can no only be sold in bottle with a maximum size of 10ml
Liquid can only be sold with a maximum strength of 20mg/ml

The second part of that is less of an issue as I vape lower than 20mg anyway, but the bottle size limit is annoying me. Anyone who vapes heavily will understand how many bottles this means. It increases the cost, the postage cost, the weight of the packages and the amount of trash I produce massively.

Of course as a citizen of the internet I can easily buy a 40 gallon drum of [removed] nicotine if I want (don't worry I am not planning go near anything that strong). But it could get confiscated by customs.

I know some suppliers don't label the amount of nicotine, and some don't even label that it has nicotine in it. Some label it as 'glycerine' and others as 'e-cigarette liquid' or similar.

Can anyone recommend a supplier that does liquid with a minimum 0.5 litre, minimum 50mg/ml, and simply labels their product with 'glycerine'? The best I found so far is these guys [Removed] (assuming the pictured label is correct), but I dont want to buy it pure for safety reasons, and they have no pics of their mixed bottles.

Last edited by a moderator:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Forum Rules

35. Nicotine strength
a. The maximum nicotine strength of refills (any liquid that is a finished product for retail sale for vaping whether bottled or sold with or within hardware) allowed to be offered for sale on ECF by Suppliers is 45mg/ml or 4.5%.
b. No liquid of strength higher than this can be specifically mentioned or offered on ECF by Suppliers. Trade deals are exempt, within private supplier boards only, as higher strengths are needed for trade bulk mixing. Note that there are shipping restrictions in some countries for toxic materials, which can be obtained by application to your local Postal Service and private shippers, and you are cautioned not to contravene these restrictions.
c. Suppliers can sell whatever strength they wish with the exception of pure nicotine (900mg/ml / 90% and above). Sites that sell pure nicotine will be blocked by ECF [3]. We define 'pure nicotine' as 90% / 900mg/ml or higher. Wholesale supplies are exempt from this ruling. We expect that Suppliers will ensure that wholesale customers are well aware of (a) the high risks, and (b) the equipment and precautions needed.
d. There is a limit on public discussion of 200mg (20%) maximum for mixing discussion, recipes and tutorials, and also in the Classifieds. Members may not discuss the use of refills (any liquids) stronger than 200mg.
e. The use of 'Pure Nicotine' cannot be discussed (in detail) on public forums on ECF (trade forums are exempt) due to the hazard [3] - see Notes below. That is to say, it can be mentioned in passing but not discussed at length especially as regards mixing.

Dunkhan

Feb 18, 2014
Berlin
45mg is fine too. The best I have been able to get for ages is 36. Not that it really matters other than storage convenience.
As far as mislabelling goes, it seems companies do. I had one source (which I cant find anymore) which just had some 3 letter acronym and then '-100' for 100mg glycerine. It didn't say the word nicotine. For the purposes of the company selling and the customer it was clear what was in the bottle, but it wasn't obvous to anyone else. I am basically looking for a company that doesn't loudly advertise the fact that the liquid is for vaping, it should look like any boring chemical supplies.

edit: Also to the moderator, thanks for correcting my mistake in the original post. I missed that rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread