• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

e lites advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

perpetua

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
UK
There's only so much power an Elite battery can push out, there's only so long a battery that size will hold it's
small power output . . . it's the limitations of what you're using as much as anything.

Upgrade to something that is able to cope and satisfy your vaping needs better and try using an all VG juice
if it's more vapour you're after, though you'll find the throat hit diminished with all VG.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
can anybody tell me if there is any way of getting more vapor out of an elite . i am using my own juice in it and its 34 mg per ml nicotine and 66% pg and 34 % vg . its ok for the first ten drags or so but that is about it. been thinking maybe I've been overfilling the cartomizers.

Tried to help you @ post #20 :cry:

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
tried adding more v g will see if that helps got to wait for it to filter down before i will know if I've been successful. on a good point when refilling i get about a week out of a cartomizer so not too expensive, might get more not sure yet. i pulled the first one apart with the hope of turning it into a dripping atty but it stopped working after this . never mind. now using 75 vg and 25 pg .I'll let you all know how i get on .

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
can anybody tell me if there is any way of getting more vapor out of an elite . i am using my own juice in it and its 34 mg per ml nicotine and 66% pg and 34 % vg . its ok for the first ten drags or so but that is about it. been thinking maybe I've been overfilling the cartomizers.

NO. I've tried everything under the sun.... from 100% VG or PG, to, well, you get the picture.

Forgive me for being so blunt, but what you are hoping to achieve with all this? If you fill an E-lite carto with 34mg liquid, you must "sense" that you need to get a lot more nicotine than you can get out of one.

The standard cartos hold less than 3/4ml of e-liquid, so even with a high nic' juice, you are going to need to carry a few around in your pocket (e-cig case). Then, there's the quality of the vapour itself.

I'll step back a moment and actually stop bashing E-Lites, but I tried everything to make them work for me.

To me, you sound like much too much of an experienced vaper to mess around with these for ever. I have a battery which only ever got charged a few times (the last one I bought out of about 7). If I charge it fully, attach it to a carto (either an E-Lite original) or a home-filled one, the results are always the same. Almost nothing comes out of it....seriously.

I can test the resistance, but I know the answer. They will be high resistance cartos designed to save juice on a low power battery.

In all seriousness, if you want to try stuff out, keep in touch on here or come and find me on the AAEC-UK forum. I'll try your ideas with you and see if we can achieve anything useful.

Dave

perpetua

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
UK
tried adding more v g will see if that helps got to wait for it to filter down before i will know if I've been successful.

I doubt it, but if you're happy faffing about with kit that gives you less than a satisfactory vaping experience
when there are other far better alternatives on the market, that would enhance vaping for you immensely
then that's up to you.

Good luck with it. :)

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
will probably turn one of my elite batteries into a usb passthrough . gonna need to do a bit of drilling to do that. what i cannot understand though is how can a company selling a sub standard product get as far in business aS they have. .i am not complaining about how many puffs you get per cartomizer but the jack of vapour. reminds me of my 801 on a battery . i don't know if it i the battery or the cartomizers that are crap. thinking it is probably the cartomizers. i have probably been spoiled by dripping on an 801 at 5 volts for the last couple of years too. but i was expecting a half decent Vape out of the elites . all the reviews for them were not bad.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
hi Dave i figured it was the cartomizers just a shame they don't bring out a low resistance one. do you know if vip are doing the same. we have a vip shop in town. I'll pop in the next time i am in town and ask them.

VIP are more or less doing the same as e-lites - ciggie lookalike that is over priced & under performs.

please don't say upgrade as that is something i cannot afford right now

In the long run, a better kit will save you so much money - have a look at this one (use discount code AAEC for 12.5% 0ff -

eXhale CE5 Starter Kit

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
have just made my first dripping atomiser by removing the wading . the first attempt did not work as i pulled the tube in the middle out as well. on the second attempt i eased the wading out making sure to leave the centre tube intact. seems to work much better although there is still room for improvement. waiting for a battery to charge so i can test it properly. not bad an atomiser for 4 quid. will be interesting to see how long it lasts for. probably quite a long time as high resistance but we will see. good way to resurrect burnt cartomizers i am thinking.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
well the battery charged and it was a good Vape right up until the battery died. if you are not getting enough vapour from your elites then i would suggest you try this. just remember to ease the wading out gently with a pair of tweezers . do not pull on the centre tube. i would say i get four times as much vapour doing this maybe more. now i can enjoy my elites.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
hope this catches on as elites won't be ripping people off on their cartomizers anymore. would be great if one of these things lasts a month. elites needs to get there cartomizers sorted or they are not going to get much repeat business . they probably make all their money on the starter kits. merry Christmas.

Great, some results..

E-Lites will be making some money on starter kits, but I just don't know about repeat business for the cartomisers. (e-tips). They are clearly v.v.expensive. and anyone with a brain and the internet is going to start asking questions about the price and the company claims.

The local franchise holder to me says that he has hundreds of people that pop by every week to buy a pack of 2 refills or even buy the 10-packs. He also said that his customer base isn't interested in filling cartos and are very happy with the "deal".

I guess it you smoke 2 packs of lights a week and swap that for two refills at £7.99 you are going to be happy enough. Depends on your level of nicotine addiction. I couldn't quit using E-Lites and I know plenty of people who "dual use" e-lites to get around the smoking ban.

There is a huge assumption in the non-vaping community that the majority of e-cig users are looking to get around the smoking ban.

I think most e-cig users would happily quit fags altogether, but they won't manage this with most of these products.

As long as there is no confusion out there about what these products can and can't do and people are happy to spend hundreds, maybe thousands of pounds a year on something so unapologetically overpriced, then who am I to criticize.

My personal feeling is that the E-lites success story will only be short-lived. As e-cigs become more mainstream, the cost of batteries and kit will become more widely understood. E-lite users are already talking about the "e-cig in Argos" and that ROK are only £1.79 compared to E-Lites @ £3.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread