USA
bigwot.jpg

WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg

Catanonia

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
UK
extraview.dnsalias.com
Not having the problem in the UK as most people over this side of the pond haven't even heard of E Cigs yet.

Plus also, trying to word this nicely, UK people tend not to get 'as' easily brainwashed as some of our brothers on the other side of the pond.

Everyone I show it too or sees it is gobsmacked and thinks it is great. To be honest I could have sold over 20 units the other night in 3 pubs.

I tell them i am not smoking, therefore all the benefits. Yes I am addicted to nico, same as they are to the pint of beer in thier hand :)

koolvapor

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 19, 2009
FL USA
www.thevaporpro.com
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier advertising plus multiple identity

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
I with TheEmperorOfIceCream, if you live near a large city the air you breath is or maybe worse than analogs. Everyone living 100 miles east, west ,north of Houston has bad air. The EPA said the other day it was getting better.

When we come back from LA we cross one of the tallest bridges in the USA (Rainbow Bridge 1930's) and the view from there is sometimes scary. The smog is ground level and you can see it for miles.

I just figured it out IT IS CAUSED BY ALL THOSE DRUGGY NICO CREEPS SMOKING ANALOGS OUTSIDE. HE HE A lot of analog smokers in Houston, Texas.

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
oh great I finally, after spending all this time reading, come out and say a few things and this is what I get in a response. Damn i hope this wasn't to lengthy for you.

Iamoz, please don't take jamie's post too personally, or let it discourage you from posting.

I liked your post, but to be honest it was kind of hard to read.

Just consider adding paragraph breaks in future posts, and people won't have to struggle to take in what you have to say. :)

Brian

Mar 8, 2009
Western Pennsylvania
I rather enjoy some of the interesting reactions I get from smokers about e-cigs. First of all, I started e- cigs a few weeks ago and went down from over 2 paks a day down to 1. On our smoke breaks, I let them approach me while vaping. Some are really intrigued and I get a lot of questions and answer them the best I can. On one occasion, we were discussing the hike in cigarette prices and one smoker was excited about the great deal they are offering on mini cigars and all the great flavors and how they are just like cigarettes but less than a dollar a pak. Apparently he had been smoking them for some time because he was too busy hacking while trying to poke fun of my "one hitter" drug pipe.... While we all had a good chuckle, the people that agreed with his logic, approached me about how to purchase one...

Brian

Mar 8, 2009
Western Pennsylvania
One comment I have gotten from a couple of fellow smokers is....

"oh, using one of those electronic things to quit smoking huh?"

One of the biggest issues with any nicotine product is the assumption its for quitting smoking and it puts many smokers off or has left a bitter taste in our mouths (so to speak) We live in a society of smokers vs. non smokers. And sadly losing one in your ranks is assuming a traitor or potential enemy. Now e-cigs pose a new threat to both oppositions and logically it should be a safe compromise.

The best way to disarm a fellow smoker is to comeback with, "who says I am trying to quit??? I'm saving money and I can smoke indoors if I really want to... why quit something I really enjoy??"

Immedatly the defenses drop and intrigue soon follows.
It's funny though that while many ppl fear change, they seem to be more threatened by compromise.
I don't mean to offend some ppl here on the forum, and I know I will get boo'd for saying so, but remember folks..many of you were smokers too. While I agree with the dangers of smoking tobacco... eventually I will complete the move to e-cigs altogether, But I am just wondering if some e-cig users are starting to become just as self rightious as the Anti-smoking Nazi's or the holier than though "i quit smoking you shoud too" zealouts out there goose stepping and marching in their masses. I know what its like to have somebody waive a nicotine patch at me and tell me its better than smokeing, but you HAVE to wean from it. But the same goes for E-cigs...If I hadnt discovered it or researched for a substitute for when I couldn't smoke, I never would have given it a second look. I know I would be a little insulted or put off if sombody pulled out a device preaching the benefits of switching to that instead or using the phrase QUIT SMOKING. Being former smokers yourselves, I think you all can sympathize with a smoker. I know I sound like a drug dealer, but its more fun to just peak their interest or arouse their curiousity than try to change their minds... if they arent intersted, dont argue and move on, REMEMBER, their body their addiction....
Forgive me for rambeling but my biggest concern is that because of the FDA BS has reared its ugly head, the smoker is getting another back turned on him or her once again and another opposition explaining how bad their habit is. Personally, I like my tobacco, I love my E-Cigs.. eventually I will complete my transition, I just don't want another group out there beating me over the head until I do. :)

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
The elements are made of nichrome, which doesn't even melt until it reaches 1400oC, never mind vapourise. I wouldn't worry too much.
i am pretty sure that you dont need to reach melting point to get particles in ur body or lungs... plus i am not sure that nichrome is what they used in OUR atomizer... this thing isnt cheap. china have to make it under 10 cents so they can exporter to use for a couple of bucks and WE buy them for 10+ dollars.... :(

dEFinitionofEPIC

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
NJ
I think there is a lot of blind optimism going on in this thread. I, like most of you, assume that vaping is healthier than smoking from a common sense perspective. However, with the small amount of research done there is no way to absolutely know for sure. The only substance in an e-cig that I am completely comfortable with is nicotine, because I know what that does.

From the post on propylene glycol:
"Chronic exposure: Lactic acidosis, stupor, and seizures have been reported following chronic ingestion.
Aggravation of Pre-existing conditions: Kidney disorders "

I don't know why only the "inhalation" was made bold. Inhalation may be safe but chronic exposure may not be. An let's face it, by replacing smoking with vaping we are signing up for chronic exposure to pg. This is a big unknown because I don't think anyone can be 100% positive that long term, chronic use of pg (or vg for that matter) is actually safe.

Besides this, getting juice from unknown Chinese sources is a little unsettling. Take out the Chinese--getting anything from any unknown source and inhaling chronically is a little unsettling.

Then there's the unknown ingredients. I wonder what's in that juice giving it that great flavor? Sure, vape tastes great but is that flavor good for your lungs when they are chronically exposed to it??? Who knows. I've yet to see a post where anyone even seems to know what goes into the flavorings of most online-bought juices.

So at the end of the day... we're really all just lab rats. No one can know for sure whether or not this is actually a good idea. We can all assume that its good for our own peace of mind. But deep down... no one knows for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread