e-smoking with CopD

Status
Not open for further replies.

giamarisa

Mar 7, 2009
I did mention that I have emphysema so you could say that this falls into COPD.

WHAT DOES COPD MEAN?
Well it stands for Chronic (that means it progresses slowly) Obstructive (that means it causes narrowing of the airways in your lungs making it more difficult to breathe) Pulmonary (that means a disease of the lungs) Disease (obvious!). Hence "COPD"!
So does COPD cover just emphysema? Unfortunately no – COPD also covers chronic bronchitis, asthmatic bronchitis and other airways diseases. But it does not cover lung cancer.

I have been vaping E Cigs for around 2 months now the first few days I did get some coughing but adjusted the amount and speed I inhaled I also think some getting use to inhaling vapor is needed even when switching directly from Cigarettes to E Cigs.

I would also bear in mind that if you where smoking and just stopped and changed over too E cigs then the coughing may also be part of clearing the lungs the same as if stopped smoking the body and lung works on trying to clear itself of the crap taken in from smoking.

Something else also to think about is what sort of COPD you have and which type it is IE if emphysema then is it, mild, medium or servere, or is it chronic bronchitis or asthmatic bronchitis or other type or a mixture of some of them together, this may make a huge difference to how e cig vaping effects you.
I'm still smoking with the e cigs I just started vaping a few days ago now and don't do it all day but that night I did because I just go the e cig and tried it a lot. But it still is bothering my breathing. I guess I was really excited about the ecig to let me still "smoke" and not bother my copd and lungs but so far it doesn't look like it's going to work that way.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
I'm still smoking with the e cigs I just started vaping a few days ago now and don't do it all day but that night I did because I just go the e cig and tried it a lot. But it still is bothering my breathing. I guess I was really excited about the ecig to let me still "smoke" and not bother my copd and lungs but so far it doesn't look like it's going to work that way.

I feel as though it's still affecting my breathing too giamarisa. There's posts elsewhere on the forum where some people have switched to non- pg juice because they think they're alergic to the general pg juice/carts. If there's no improvement over the next few days I'll maybe try non-pg juice to see if there's any difference before abondoning the e-cig altogether. Johnson Creek are the only ones I can find that do non-pg juice and I don't see any carts that are non-pg.

giamarisa

Mar 7, 2009
I did mention that I have emphysema so you could say that this falls into COPD.

WHAT DOES COPD MEAN?
Well it stands for Chronic (that means it progresses slowly) Obstructive (that means it causes narrowing of the airways in your lungs making it more difficult to breathe) Pulmonary (that means a disease of the lungs) Disease (obvious!). Hence "COPD"!
So does COPD cover just emphysema? Unfortunately no – COPD also covers chronic bronchitis, asthmatic bronchitis and other airways diseases. But it does not cover lung cancer.

I have been vaping E Cigs for around 2 months now the first few days I did get some coughing but adjusted the amount and speed I inhaled I also think some getting use to inhaling vapor is needed even when switching directly from Cigarettes to E Cigs.

I would also bear in mind that if you where smoking and just stopped and changed over too E cigs then the coughing may also be part of clearing the lungs the same as if stopped smoking the body and lung works on trying to clear itself of the crap taken in from smoking.

Something else also to think about is what sort of COPD you have and which type it is IE if emphysema then is it, mild, medium or servere, or is it chronic bronchitis or asthmatic bronchitis or other type or a mixture of some of them together, this may make a huge difference to how e cig Vaping effects you.

giamarisa

Mar 7, 2009
I feel as though it's still affecting my breathing too giamarisa. There's posts elsewhere on the forum where some people have switched to non- pg juice because they think they're alergic to the general pg juice/carts. If there's no improvement over the next few days I'll maybe try non-pg juice to see if there's any difference before abondoning the e-cig altogether. Johnson Creek are the only ones I can find that do non-pg juice and I don't see any carts that are non-pg.
Yeah me too but the only PG I saw was the Johnson Creek's Cherry that I read here somewhere that it tastes terrible like cough syrup or "something don't buy it" <quoted was there other flavors you saw there?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I had a bad reaction to most eliquids a few months ago, I think I might have had a chest infection, most eliquids irritated me and made me cough.

Freesmoke 18mg coconut was one that was ok, it's very smooth (but expensive). I was also able to vape neat propylene glycol and glycerine without irritation.

I suspect that my problem was not nicotine, pg or glycerine but flavourings or pH in commercial eliquids.

Rather than give up you might want to try getting some flavourless high nicotine eliquid and add your own flavours to see what is tolerable.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/5066-eliquid-recepies.html

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
I had a bad reaction to most eliquids a few months ago, I think I might have had a chest infection, most eliquids irritated me and made me cough.

Freesmoke 18mg coconut was one that was ok, it's very smooth (but expensive). I was also able to vape neat propylene glycol and glycerine without irritation.

I suspect that my problem was not nicotine, pg or glycerine but flavourings or pH in commercial eliquids.

Rather than give up you might want to try getting some flavourless high nicotine eliquid and add your own flavours to see what is tolerable.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/5066-eliquid-recepies.html

Thanks Kate. First thought is it looks like a lot of bother but if nothing else works I'd certainly try it before giving up.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
Yeah me too but the only PG I saw was the Johnson Creek's Cherry that I read here somewhere that it tastes terrible like cough syrup or "something don't buy it" <quoted was there other flavors you saw there?

I only looked at this site E-Cigs.co.uk, Online Store as I stay in the UK. Most lines are sold out but there was the odd non-pg bottle left mainly in the 24mg section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread