E2 510 revisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
I just want a working carto, if they fix the issues and the ceramics solve the other issue and the glue issue is gone, then im set.

im ok with the wick, it doesnt burn, the gunking has happened on regualr atomizers as well so for me its a non issue, when it gunks up becuase of whatever juice im using i can dry burn it and clean it or throw it away.

I really hope they solved the issues so we can move forward.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I just want a working carto, if they fix the issues and the ceramics solve the other issue and the glue issue is gone, then im set.

im ok with the wick, it doesnt burn, the gunking has happened on regualr atomizers as well so for me its a non issue, when it gunks up becuase of whatever juice im using i can dry burn it and clean it or throw it away.

I really hope they solved the issues so we can move forward.

Me too. A working carto, out of the box. No mods, no special operations, no violence. Fill and vape. :vapor:

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
I was only able to use 5 out of 30 of the E2 carto's because of the threads. Some would screw right on my buzz. The rest would not. Some would go part way, some most of the way, some barely at all.

I politely Emailed my issue to CN and asked if I could return the unused one's. Prior to sending them a letter I looked at taking a die to them but I have been having a hard time finding one. I heard I wasn't supposed to quote a email but I am not sure whether or not that is true. I figure the following quote will be helpful to anyone with a mod or ecig other than a joye that is thinking about buying these. It'a the full quote minus my name. If it is against a rule, My bad sorry just trying to be as accurate as I can passing on info.

Thanks for your letter ,this is Linda from E-liquid!

last time,you ordered 30pcs 510 blank cartomizers and 1 set Needle! we are sorry that our 510 cartomizers do not fit SLB and Bogo's battery! our cartomizers just fit for Joye 510 !Please Notice!

Have a nice day !
Best wishes
Linda

So pretty much it was a 50 buck lesson for me. You can make up your own minds but it appears to me they only want to sell to users of joye equipment.

Sincerely
bssage

Oh and I only told her the boge and slb's carto's work fine not that I have a boge or slb battery.

Last edited:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
well, not sure what you mean to make my mind up, I really don't want a Buzz

The 510 e2 page does clearly state 'exclusive for the Joye 510'.

Maybe the Buzz factory can make a custom order, either that or build adaptors. I don't know. The cartos can prolly still be used. You have no 510 ecig batteries? Or maybe someone could trade cartos?

Last edited:

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
Sorry for being unclear. Just replace the word Buzz with anything other than Joyetech or any mod unless they use a joyetech connector.

Thats great that you dont want a buzz. Not really the point but OK.

You are correct it does say "exclusive for the Joye 510" I missed it. That's my bad. I thought 510 was 510 was 510. Live and learn I guess.

I am not happy, but I accept my responsibility. My post was only to help someone else not to make the same mistake I made. But let me be clear I MADE A MISTAKE.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Sorry for being unclear. Just replace the word Buzz with anything other than Joyetech or any mod unless they use a joyetech connector.

Thats great that you dont want a buzz. Not really the point but OK.

You are correct it does say "exclusive for the Joye 510" I missed it. That's my bad. I thought 510 was 510 was 510. Live and learn I guess.

I am not happy, but I accept my responsibility. My post was only to help someone else not to make the same mistake I made. But let me be clear I MADE A MISTAKE.

I understand, thanks, and I'm sorry.

Seriously, I would only order in small quantities, which is why I would like to be in a co-op order. I'm still waiting on a corrected order; my first order was sent to someone in another continent.

Anyway, there are still some options, like finding a regular 510 ecig battery, or something, but with so many versions having been shipped, it still may be better to just wait for the ceramic reviews, in about a week from now it will hopefully be good to order. I only have one of the cigarette sized 510 batteries, or I would send you one.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
about 20 cents per 1.9ml fill (4 refills or less)(the XL) has the best chance

How about using Dekang to start out with on your research?
It would be great to have a list of the known gunkers, but it really doesn't help me much when I hear that such and such makes their own perfume or custom concoction and what not and gunked up their carto to intolerable proportions?

Also the famous voltage-carto configuration, are you using the standard configuration? (3ohm w/3.7-4.2 battery, etc.)
Starting a list with the proper equipment and world-standard liquid would be very nice, and people could add on their own results and get a big list made hopefully soon.

Sure, I would love to do more testing with Dekang juice. But as mentioned in my previous post, it is all about money. I am not being paid to do Beta Testing or working as an Agent of the Manufacturer.

I’ll make this prediction though. Pure PG non flavored, non colored juice will cause the E2 carto to last much longer with out, if ever, developing a bad taste

As to home made “Concoctions” with “intolerable proportions”, I can assure you, the juice I used was extremely vape-able in Regular Cartos. Quite nice actually. The choice to use DIY juice over Retail juice for the test was a Professional Curtsey. You see, if I had said that I had used Brand “XYZ” and found that the carto developed a bad taste, it could influence someone from buying Brand “XYZ” in the future. Does seem right to involve a reputable seller of e-Juice in this E2 mess.

And yes, I would say that voltage was considered standard. It was conducted using an Janty eGo with a Stock Battery.

The one thing I am confused about here. There have been many reports of these E2 cartos tasting bad. And the constant Litany is that the wick cannot burn so it is Not the cause of the Problem. If it isn’t the gunk, then what is it? There isn’t much left to consider. Just like there isn’t much to consider with an atty.

Same Design, Same Problems, Same Solution.

Use Regular Cartomizers.

Me too. A working carto, out of the box. No mods, no special operations, no violence. Fill and vape. :vapor:

A carto that works out of the box? Asking a lot aren’t you?

Are you saying that you don’t like spending your hard earned money to be a Beta Tester of a Large Company's new Products? And that you don’t want to read 2000+ pages of all the hoops you have to jump thru to use these E2 cartos with marginal unsure results? Not to mention buying a small tool kit to fill them?

Your no fun anymore.

And are these E2 really cartos? Or are they really 1 piece atty’s? Seem like the same design to me. A atomizer coil with a wick in it. Remember all the problems with atty’s and all the silly mods people did to make them work? Heck, that is why I gave up on atty’s and went to carto’s in the first place. Now I see these E2 cartos as a step backwards towards atty’s.

And the real irony of it, we have cartos that Work out of the box Right Now! Their called “510 Cartomizers”. They Work better. Their available in the USA. And their Cheaper.

Maybe we should just wait for E3 cartos to come out and then we can do the Beta testing on those also? :facepalm:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
I mentioned this on one of the other handful of parallel threads but no one responded.

You drew conclusions from doing a "burn" test using a butane lighter.

I believe a butane lighter flame burns at about 420C.
I believe a nichrome coil is about 750C when it first starts to faintly glow red.

I don't know what temperature it's at when it gets to glowing orange like doing a dry burn.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I mentioned this on one of the other handful of parallel threads but no one responded.

You drew conclusions from doing a "burn" test using a butane lighter.

I believe a butane lighter flame burns at about 420C.
I believe a nichrome coil is about 750C when it first starts to faintly glow red.

I don't know what temperature it's at when it gets to glowing orange like doing a dry burn.

They don't answer you either?

I have brought up the "Red Hot" issue also and it is a thread killer.

Another way not to get a reply is to ask them what the wicking material is made out of?

Aramids?

Funny, it "won't burn" but they don't know what it is made of.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
I was only saying that testing with a butane lighter may not be meaningful.

Asking a Chinese e-cig manufacturer exactly what materials are being used may be pointless as well.

From BadKolo's test with the butane lighter he said neither of them burned.
He mentioned black on both and that it went away on the E2 wick with subsequent passes of the butane lighter.
He mentioned the 510 wick had primer on it which was obvious when he first put the flame to it. Maybe that's where the black came from on the 510 wick?

Tests, comparisons, and examinations/post mortems after use are good and probably the only way to get meaningful information about products from small Chinese companies. But we should pay attention to the science and try to make the tests meaningful in the context of our application.

My expectation is that the wick material is no different from that in a 510. I would expect both are very resistant to burning. ...But who knows?

jimR

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Houston
I'm not saying that "Brown" coloring is the problem. It could be any coloring. Or the flavoring, Any flavoring. But my money is on the VG.

And if it is Flavoring and or VG or Both, it is going to be a long, uphill battle to sell atty style cartos to the masses.

I have been rotating between EcoPure regular and fresh flavor on 1 Carto for 2 day 10 to 12 refils and no dry or bad taste. I believe the EcoPure is 100% VG. All in all this is the best results I have had so ordered more bottles of the EcoPure because it rocks in the E2. Thanks CigNot.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have been rotating between EcoPure regular and fresh flavor on 1 Carto for 2 day 10 to 12 refils and no dry or bad taste. I believe the EcoPure is 100% VG. All in all this is the best results I have had so ordered more bottles of the EcoPure because it rocks in the E2. Thanks CigNot.

Does the EcoPure juice have any color to it? What flavor are you using?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was only saying that testing with a butane lighter may not be meaningful.

Asking a Chinese e-cig manufacturer exactly what materials are being used may be pointless as well.

I agree, getting the Exact material type of the wicking fibers is a long shot but I thought I should at lest ask.

If they are Aramids there is enough information on the web about it's thermal and chemical stability.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Ecopure is 83%VG 17% distilled H20 and is about the same viscosity as most PG ejuices.

ZoiDman..... Ecopure 'Fresh' is clear. Ecopure 'Regular' is also fairly clear. Ecopure Rich has some light yellow color. The 'added ingredient/flavor' in Regular and Rich is Ethyl Malto and Rich has more of it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ecopure is 83%VG 17% distilled H20 and is about the same viscosity as most PG ejuices.

ZoiDman..... Ecopure 'Fresh' is clear. Ecopure 'Regular' is also fairly clear. Ecopure Rich has some light yellow color. The 'added ingredient/flavor' in Regular and Rich is Ethyl Malto and Rich has more of it.

I have been vaping their Regular flavor and what they call Fresh
The regular and the fresh is clear and no color. The rich flavor has a slight hit of coloring but I can't test it until my order arrives tomorrow hopfully..

It doesn't sound like EcoPure uses and Artifical colorings. Thats good because I don't think colorings are needed to enhance vaping.

And who wants to put colorings in their lungs if there is no need.

Thanks...

BTW - What mg are you guys using? Migth have to pick up a bottle and try some.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
It doesn't sound like EcoPure uses and Artifical colorings. Thats good because I don't think colorings are needed to enhance vaping.

Thanks...

I use DV's Aqueous Glycerin, (VG - 80:20), Platinum Ice and the DV flavorings. And the mg is around 11-12mg. But I also use some Ecopure. I have a lot of Ecopure Rich and Fresh actually and then changed over to Decadent Vapours. Anyone interested in buying bulk? :) There's no added coloring in Ecopure - it's why it's 'EcoPURE'. :)

E-Liquid Intellicig ECOpure 1st UK Laboratory Made Eliquid

jimR

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Houston

Thanks...

I am vaping the 25 mg/ml

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I use DV's Aqueous Glycerin, (VG - 80:20), Platinum Ice and the DV flavorings. And the mg is around 11-12mg. But I also use some Ecopure. I have a lot of Ecopure Rich and Fresh actually and then changed over to Decadent Vapours. Anyone interested in buying bulk? :) There's no added coloring in Ecopure - it's why it's 'EcoPURE'. :)

E-Liquid Intellicig ECOpure 1st UK Laboratory Made Eliquid

I was prety sure that EcoPure didn't use artifical coloring but had to ask. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread