EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
I'm thinking of starting a new movement :- E-Cigs Anonymous for all those who can't stop buying the ****ing things. Anybody else in the same boat? We could have regular meetings, stand up and say "I'm Pete and I'm an e-cigohilic"

u are a really sad case pete.. still there are worse addictions like ...... or dslr lens buying addictions.. both of those cost big time.. he he

trog

sixstring

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
SW Ga. USA
www.kdpconline.com
I gotta stop vaping so much and having too much scotch whiskeh before bed. Last night I dreamed that that EVERYTHING e-cigs got banned worldwide, as well as the forums. We all had 24 hours to bid our teary-eyed online goodbyes, before blackness...

Sat straight up in bed, breathing heavily, staring at the clock - showing 3:33am. Probably the creepiest thing to ever happen to me.

I think tonight I'll drink water, eat an apple, and perhaps watch TV instead...

SuziQ

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Nr London, UK
I am not a ...... addict and I have no idea what dslr lenses are, BUT I love ecigs. I have five 901s - black and white, three penstyles and one supermini. This is not enough for me though, as I have the evolution on order and have to decide when I get it, if I can live with just one of them.
If we go on to liquids, I am staring at ten bottles of the stuff. This is also an item I cannot seem to have enough of. I am currently worried whether there is enough left for a two week holiday. I am turning crazy.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
SuziQ, I'm too embarrassed to say how many I have:( Perhaps that should be one of our steps, admitting to how many we own.)

Trog, my present mantra is "I don't need a D700"

Sixstring, your drinking the wrong whisky! One of life's little happinesses is having a sister who works for one of Scotland's best know single malt producer. A bottle of 10 year old cooking malt for £5 :(

As for forums DC I think you must be a terminal case, you started your own web site!:) Anyway addiction to this forum is pretty common, I'm going to try and not post on Monday. I tried on Saturday but only lasted 3 hours:)

Frankie if we get enough members perhaps we can hire a professional!

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
they used to call it consumer therapy.. work hard all week and earn it.. visit the town shops at the weekend and spend it..

my defense all my life was never to window shop and never carry too much spare cash in my pocket.. it worked like a dream.. mostly..

now i have the world shop on my PC.. all my money in my pocket in the form of plastic.. now i am f-cked.. he he he

but joking apart.. so it seems is the rest of the world... literally... he he he

coincidence.. i doubt it.. :)

trog

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
"of all the things i have lost i miss my mind the most" right now i only can claim to own one two more on the way but when they get here i think i am going to hold a furneal for my first POS from smokeeverywhere. did not find this wealth of infomation site in time :( but that is ok i was able to talk the kiosk i baught it from to give it to me for 40% off and i got all the stuff hopefullly some of it is compatible with my new kissbox or mini if not i think i am gonna disect it :)

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
I keep telling myself that I save the money I spend on c-cig stuff by not buying analog smokes. I have accumulated a lot of this stuff over the last month but I stopped smoking and that's worth it. I have to stop looking at the Supplier forum and seeing what's new and the various deals... I did pop for a blue 901... Couldn't help myself. Oh, where is the next meeting...

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I'm like you, Rachel, coming up on a year with these devices. Trog used say he would "bin" things that didn't work (not an American expression so it took awhile to figure out he was trashing them). Now I have a "bin" filled with used, non-functioning, DOA parts and whole cigs. And the desk area devoted to liquids, USB cords, car charger plugins, spare atomizers, vials, a syringe, manual and auto switches, etc., has grown so big that I barely have room for my laptop. The forum addiction is something I'm trying to comes to grips with. Lately, I've been writing for money. Magazine articles must come first before I read a newbie's "how many cigarettes to a cart" question. I'm trying discipline myself as I see Kate's post total approaching mine -- in six months less time!

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
I'm like you, Rachel, coming up on a year with these devices. Trog used say he would "bin" things that didn't work (not an American expression so it took awhile to figure out he was trashing them). Now I have a "bin" filled with used, non-functioning, DOA parts and whole cigs. And the desk area devoted to liquids, USB cords, car charger plugins, spare atomizers, vials, a syringe, manual and auto switches, etc., has grown so big that I barely have room for my laptop. The forum addiction is something I'm trying to comes to grips with. Lately, I've been writing for money. Magazine articles must come first before I read a newbie's "how many cigarettes to a cart" question. I'm trying discipline myself as I see Kate's post total approaching mine -- in six months less time!

I'm like you - I am running out of places to stash this stuff. When I do decide to "clean" I always get side tracked because I "forgot" that I had that and then it is off to try it - blah blah blah and nothing gets done - just more stuff added. :)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
... I see Kate's post total approaching mine -- in six months less time!

I'm Kate and I'm an ecigoholic and a forumaholic ;)

This forum is worse than the ecigs for me, I keep seeing posts and having to respond. I like chatting here too, there is a lot of good company.

My plan is to get quieter but ... well I'm an addict so I don't know if I'll manage it. Eventually I'll have had enough and move on I suppose.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Another very strange attraction if e-smoking is trying different stuff. When I settled on a cigarette brand as a teen, I stuck with it for decades. Other cigs, to me, were awful in comparison. Now .. what's the new flavor of the week! I'll try it. New device? I'll try it.

Loyalty? Are you kidding? Make me a better e-cig and I'll beat a path to your door and sing your praises.

P.S. I love you, Kate. You're really one incredible forum member!

Last edited:

tonyph

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2008
Derby, UK
I think getting trogs screwdriver saved me a lot of purchasing. I have 901's and a janty classic but the SD is the mainstay. Will try an 801 penstyle this week and then just keep an eye out for interesting developments.
Has to lenses, once you have a full set of f2.8 zooms, a few good primes and a decent macro what more do you want. Besides the lighting kit and a few spare bodies etc

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I did a quick total total of all I have spent (and a future commitment) and the grand total was just over £1000 :cry:

However I would have spent about £820 in cigs in that time + I have enough hardware and liquid to see me through a full year so it isn't too bad. If I say that enough times I'll actually believe it:)

So the costs are OK for a country that must have one of the highest tobacco prices in the world, but all you people out in cheap ... land, do you think you save money??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread