Ear problems from vaping :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinch

Jun 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Since I started vaping, I've had pressure in my RIGHT ear nonstop. It never goes away, it's driving me crazy, it feels like it needs to pop and there's always water in it. I don't know if it's the vaping or because I started vaping when I was getting over bronchitis, which is when it started (during bronchitis).

I went to the doctor today and he said there is no wax in my ear, just pressure in the middle ear behind the drum. Could this have anything to do with vaping? I'd like to know because current I'm scheduled to have tubes put in my ears by an ENT.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Grinch said:
Since I started vaping, I've had pressure in my RIGHT ear nonstop. It never goes away, it's driving me crazy, it feels like it needs to pop and there's always water in it. I don't know if it's the vaping or because I started vaping when I was getting over bronchitis, which is when it started (during bronchitis).

I went to the doctor today and he said there is no wax in my ear, just pressure in the middle ear behind the drum. Could this have anything to do with vaping? I'd like to know because current I'm scheduled to have tubes put in my ears by an ENT.
Tubes are no fun :(. But the good news is that you'll feel immediate releif after the procedure... Bad news is they have to remove them LOL.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I have had ongoing issues with my ears and sinuses since I started vaping last April. I have never had ear issues before. I consistantly use 3ML of liquid a day.
It started with a mild pressure/popping feeling when I turned my head when I woke up in the morning about a month into vaping. I got progressively worse and painful in one ear that kept me awake at night. I can hear my pulse in my ear at night. I used antihistamines, nasal spray, sweet oil, antibiotics, neti pot, lots of water.... I eliminated VG and flavorings. I stopped using automatic batteries. I only buy sealed liquids, clean my carts regularly... It became tolerable but I don't have a solution.
Last December I started smoking a couple of analogs a day. Over time, I was smoking a pack a day. This decreased my liquid usage to about 1ML a day and my ears symptoms went away. About 2 weeks ago I quit the analogs again and the symptoms are back. The only thing I haven't tried is straight VG but VG has always scummed up my sinuses so I couldn't breathe in the morning.
You might want to keep notes on what you are vaping. Maybe you can isolate the culprit. I know when it's new you vape everything!:p
If you find a solution, let me know.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I had ear infections before I began vaping, and I still have them. I do have a prescription that clears it all up, but it does come back in time, so I have to reapply 2xday for 3 days to get it cleared up again. This is an ongoing situation. The Rx I use is: Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream USP, 1%/0.05%.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I wouldn't worry about canned air as I'm sure they have been tested to be safe. I've never had a problem using it and haven't heard of any dead computer guys from using and probably inhaling some of the fumes while doing so.
The funny thing is my ear Dr. told me my hearing has improved since I started vaping. Not from blowing out atties and cartos though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread