EastMall Website Not Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulCincy

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Cincinnati OH
Hello Everyone,
Just went to the Eastmall site to order some more "Stuff" and my Norton Protection program, came up indicating that the site is "Not Safe" with 27 threats found...This is something new....About 3 weeks ago, ordered from them and no problem...Does anyone know what this is about?
Don't want to order from a place that my computer said is Unsafe....
Later, and Enjoy the Adventure...

PaulCincy

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Cincinnati OH
Yes I understand it matters what protection one has, but my Norton didn't trigger any warnings a few weeks ago concerning this site, know it does...so for me, that usually means something happened these past few weeks concerning the EastMall site....Again, just wondering,,,,because I would like to order some more from them...But, will not if it is unsafe....Later...

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
Yes I understand it matters what protection one has, but my Norton didn't trigger any warnings a few weeks ago concerning this site, know it does...so for me, that usually means something happened these past few weeks concerning the EastMall site....Again, just wondering,,,,because I would like to order some more from them...But, will not if it is unsafe....Later...

This is why I absolutely HATE Norton anything. It's like a 4 year old child, happy one minute, and driving you nuts with "temper tantrums" the next. My advice, can the Norton and pick up either Avast (what I use) or AVG (my "back up"). Couple that with IObit Security 360, and you should be good to go (all these programs are free BTW :))

As for the EM site, checkout is through PP, so you should be fairly safe. If your still worried, get one of the PP Security Keys, that way you've got the extra layer of security for your financial info :)

Security key can be found here: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?...iven/securitycenter/PayPalSecurityKey-outside

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa

Jumi

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Athens, Greece
Like doots say, the important stuff goes via Paypal in any case. The following was a discussion around the same issue. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/eastmall-ecigarette/95501-why-does-norton-report-eastmall-threat.html
From what I saw there, it looked more like a Norton problem than an East Mall problem. :D
Saying that "Norton have problems" is not precise, a more precise phrase is "Norton is a problem" :D:D:D:D

And 164.000 web pages agree with me:
http://www.google.com/search?q=norton sucks&sourceid=groowe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
catputer-1.jpg

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Hi,

for clarification, "27" things" wrong with a site is not even feasible for one unless the site offered downloads and or links to unsafe downloads. Or of the likes. In which eastmall has never offered.

I handle this site myself and see absolutely no legitemant reason for this claim. May I suggest that there is possibly something on your local machine that is deleting or changing the dates on the CS's within your browser/ system.

It is also possible that other sites that have linked to eastmall.net have expired SSL certificates, and this is what norton is picking up.

There is only one thing that could and if there were even any issue , which is still active, that could be throwing a flag, in which is the CA

Which allows any data transmitted between you , ans the website to be encrypted, and like i say, it is good, or we all would be getting a warning.

rick

Hello Everyone,
Just went to the Eastmall site to order some more "Stuff" and my Norton Protection program, came up indicating that the site is "Not Safe" with 27 threats found...This is something new....About 3 weeks ago, ordered from them and no problem...Does anyone know what this is about?
Don't want to order from a place that my computer said is Unsafe....
Later, and Enjoy the Adventure...

trailblazer6

A.K.A. Igor the Vapaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Lakewood , NJ
www.bikerornot.com
Rest assured, NORTON is the Problem. Get another firewall, AV package. But I was able to remove Norton from a hard drive and it was simple. And very gratifying.1: Remove hard drive from the CPU. 2: Take large heavy object ( I used a 5 lb mall-hammer) and CRUSH the hard drive. 3:Install new hard drive then reinstall OS. Now thats how I was able to remove Norton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread