Easy and cheap Atty holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprayHeadVape

Dec 23, 2015
So I needed something to hold several rda's and tanks. I found a post cap at Lowe's that cost about $3. I flipped it over,
uploadfromtaptalk1456793520558.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456793565829.jpg
took a 3/4 paddle bit that I have and drilled out some holes. It works great!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
So I needed something to hold several rda's and tanks. I found a post cap at Lowe's that cost about $3. I flipped it over, View attachment 535641 View attachment 535642 took a 3/4 paddle bit that I have and drilled out some holes. It works great!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
That is one of the best tips I've seen here! I'll pick up a post cap today. Or, think of all the different types of wood you could choose for this.

I'm sure there's a correct size bit out back somewhere. Thanks!

Reactions: SprayHeadVape

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I made this one out of a 2x4 and a 2x8. Sanded it and stained and glossed it. The front row of each level are the Atties with the juice bottle sitting just behind. The lower level has holes for 30ml juice bottle and 7 atties, the upper level is for 10/15 ml bottles and nine atties. I also stapled a cloth on the bottom so it sits without damaging the surface. I think each piece of wood is 14" long. Two wood screws of 2.5" keep them together.

2x4x8 Holder 3.jpg

Jvincent516

Aug 29, 2015
I made this one out of a 2x4 and a 2x8. Sanded it and stained and glossed it. The front row of each level are the Atties with the juice bottle sitting just behind. The lower level has holes for 30ml juice bottle and 7 atties, the upper level is for 10/15 ml bottles and nine atties. I also stapled a cloth on the bottom so it sits without damaging the surface. I think each piece of wood is 14" long. Two wood screws of 2.5" keep them together.

View attachment 540151
That's exactly what I've been wanting to do. Do you remember what size drill bit you used for the 510 pin to fit in? Yours looks amazing, any other tips that could help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
drill-bits-buying-guide-inline-spade.jpg
That's exactly what I've been wanting to do. Do you remember what size drill bit you used for the 510 pin to fit in? Yours looks amazing, any other tips that could help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Sorry to be slow. Three drill bits. 1&1/8" for 10ml bottle and RTA/RDA, 1.25" for the 30ml bottles. Oh, and a drill bit to put a pilot hole in for the screws that attach the top piece to the bottom piece. I used two 2" wood screws. Anyway, the drill bits for the vape holes are the spade type. The point makes the hole for the 510. If you drill to deep on the lower level and the point pops through :oops:, don't worry. I attached an old piece of sweatshirt to the bottom so that it did not scratch the desk. Here is a pic:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jvincent516

Jvincent516

Aug 29, 2015
W
View attachment 545346

Sorry to be slow. Three drill bits. 1&1/8" for 10ml bottle and RTA/RDA, 1.25" for the 30ml bottles. The drill bits are the spade type. The point makes the hole for the 510. If you drill to deep on the lower level and the point pops through :)oops:), don't worry. I attached an old piece of sweatshirt to the bottom so that it did not scratch the desk. Here is a pic:
Wow that's awesome, I'll be stopping at home depot on my way home. Thank you very much! I'm excited to finally stop using old spools of wire for atty stands lol

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Compared to what you all use, mine is a bit embarrassing, but it might be a useful idea for others.

Why would you be embarrassed? Those Coke lid stands are a great idea.:thumbs:

I spent about $16 on an essential oils box. If you look at what's available I found one of them tall enough for my atty's with 16 compartments (dividers can be removed) and in plain wood. I'll get my artistically inclined better half to paint it up nicely for me. I found it on Amazon.

CodusSupremus

Sep 22, 2016

View attachment 540151
You have inspired me to rethink my designs!

0KLveoL.jpg

Reactions: thetrucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread