eBaron Dripper Spiral RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

synic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
SLC, Utah
Anyone have a picture of one of these next to an ERA? I want to see the size.

I really prefer the blind squonking technique and flavor of the a7 compared to the ERA, but I take my ERA out with me because of it's size.

If the ebaron can do what the a7 does in a shorter size, I'm all in.

Edit: or a picture of one of these next to the a7...

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

I really prefer the blind squonking technique and flavor of the a7 compared to the ERA, but I take my ERA out with me because of it's size.

There is a A7 Mini if you want smaller size.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK

Here ya go. Don't think it is going to be what you are looking for tho. The A7 is 1.5 mm taller than ebaron.
20130325_212401_zpsad265d27.jpg

20130325_212123_zpsfdd55e94.jpg

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Well my silica is 2.5mm or might even be 3mm so it's too big for the ceramic cup. I was able to build it but the coil sits up above the cup a little bit instead of down in it. I think that is affecting the performance. It's so-so as is. I am getting ready to try rebuilding it with something else here in a little bit.

I still think I am going to prefer the side air flow styles. I do not blind squonk and do not like the gurglies. If the flavor comes through like everyone talks about tho, my opinion may change :)

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Sorry Rob, I thought I had enlarged the grooves on the ceramic. I've been doing that on my Killer and iAttys to make room for the larger wick. I will hold off on boring out the air hole on the ERA until you've had time to evaluate the Ebaron. I don't have a problem trading back if you find it's not for you. I hope to have another ERA coming anyway.

dbot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Sorry Rob, I thought I had enlarged the grooves on the ceramic. I've been doing that on my Killer and iAttys to make room for the larger wick. I will hold off on boring out the air hole on the ERA until you've had time to evaluate the Ebaron. I don't have a problem trading back if you find it's not for you. I hope to have another ERA coming anyway.

Is it possible to enlarge the wick slots?

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Thanks. Do you know the default slot size? I just ordered a spiral last night and was wondering if the XC-16 will fit in the slots.

The CE2 cups fit the Killer perfectly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the eBaron probabably uses same cup.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I haven't had to rewick my Killers yet but I'm going to try 2-3 strands of smaller silica wick in combos. Whatever size is used on Killer are stuffed through the slits pretty tightly and they wick great. But, of course, not all wicks are alike. I've had some that are poor in wicking ability and some great no matter the size.

Btw.... I'm into fourth week, amost exclusive use, with stock coil/wick that came on Killer. I do frequent, every day or two dry burns, a torching a couple times a week, and a rinse in hot water about once a week. I blot excess juice off before dry burn and torching. Last night I torched, after dry burn and got all exposed wick and ceramic cup back to almost new white. Cup was black to start.

Feisty Alice

Last edited:

MechaHerc

Feb 14, 2013
Malaysia
I haven't had to rewick my Killers yet but I'm going to try 2-3 strands of smaller silica wick in combos. Whatever size is used on Killer are stuffed through the slits pretty tightly and they wick great. But, of course, not all wicks are alike. I've had some that are poor in wicking ability and some great no matter the size.

Btw.... I'm into fourth week, amost exclusive use, with stock coil/wick that came on Killer. I do frequent, every day or two dry burns, a torching a couple times a week, and a rinse in hot water about once a week. I blot excess juice off before dry burn and torching. Last night I torched, after dry burn and got all exposed wick and ceramic cup back to almost new white. Cup was black to start.

Feisty Alice

hi westamyx.. can we just torch the wick that still with ceramic? will it harm the ceramic? usually i just torch n burn my RDA dripper to make it i clean and white.. and want to this technique to my ebaron,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread