• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ebooks: Good? Bad? Free!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John1952

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
United States
The best place to get free ebooks is from Amazon. You'll need a Kindle, of course. But Amazon has a huge selection of free Kindle books. Some are only free for a week or so, so you have to know how to search for them.

I've had a Kindle for 3 years. I've actually bought about four books in that time -- and I read about a book a week. Plus, I have at least 25 on my device waiting to be read.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
I have a kindle and a nook. But kindle by faaaar has more available free books than nook. My nook is a color touch so I use it more but I'm dying to get my hands on a kindle fire.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map I love my ...ee]Amazon.com: Kindle Owners' Lending Library

Last edited by a moderator:

yo vapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Texas
+1 Project Gutenberg. I like it because you don't have to log in or anything. Just grab your books and head on down the road.

The epub ones can go straight to my ipad; dunno about the other formats. Epub is what my Pandigital Novel (connects to B&N by default) uses, so that's what I started out with, and since the ipad can use epub too, all the better.

I've been reading some great historical fiction for free for quite a while now.

I also mined Barnes & Noble for lots of freebies.

ETA: Amazon / Kindle thoughts deleted: never mind. Not compatible w/ my devices. :(

Last edited:

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
+1 Project Gutenberg. I like it because you don't have to log in or anything. Just grab your books and head on down the road.

The epub ones can go straight to my ipad; dunno about the other formats. Epub is what my Pandigital Novel (connects to B&N by default) uses, so that's what I started out with, and since the ipad can use epub too, all the better.

I've been reading some great historical fiction for free for quite a while now.

I also mined Barnes & Noble for lots of freebies.

Since I already have an Amazon account (who doesn't?) maybe I'll go on a little free book mining expedition there. ;-)
ETA: Ooh... I may not be able to read Kindle's format. Research is necessary.

You don't need to have a Kindle to read the Amazon books. They have a download for reading Kindle books for your pc or ipad :):) Amazon.com: Free Kindle Reading Apps

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Like I said, I haven't tried putting the one I converted yet on the kindle.
Dusty said it did great though.

Now all I need is to find free books to download....I know I'm cheap!

I got to call my library and see if they are doing ebooks yet.

I want the new Jonathan Kellerman and the rest of the Lee Child Jack Reacher series. :)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Like I said, I haven't tried putting the one I converted yet on the kindle.
Dusty said it did great though.

Now all I need is to find free books to download....I know I'm cheap!

I got to call my library and see if they are doing ebooks yet.

I want the new Jonathan Kellerman and the rest of the Lee Child Jack Reacher series. :)

Did somebody mention my name?! :)

I'm around if anybody needs me. LOVE ebooks, and it has renewed my passion for reading as I can read on the way to work and back (I take the subway to work). I've read close to 90 books in the last year and have about 1100 more in my collection that are waiting for me to get to them.

All in due time. ;)

So JJ, you done the books I sent ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread