• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ebooks: Good? Bad? Free!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
I haven't tried all of these sites. I usually go on downloading expeditions at Amazon and get 15-20 books, read those and do it again next month. I haven't paid for a book since I got my kindle last year.

Also, you may want to check your local library. Ours just started using Overdrive and now has a decent selection of ebooks but there is almost always a waiting list for best sellers. I'm still waiting on book three of the Millenium Series (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo).

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I love my Kindle Fire. Made the switch to digital reading 2 years ago and have found I read alot more. On avg 4 books a week. The best resource for free ebooks is eReaderIQ.com | The Easier, Faster, Smarter Way to Kindle! I have mine set so once a day I get an emailed list of the new free ebooks. On avg I usually find 3 or 4 free ones good enough to download theu the ereader website.

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
Jumping in here without reading the whole thread (which is par for the course for me), but I have a Nook Color (Barnes and Noble's ereader). I find lots of free books there. I also signed up for bookbub - BookBub: Free and Bargain Kindle Books, Nook Books, and more - and I get a daily email with free or discounted books. I imagine the link has already been posted here, but for others like me who don't have the patience to read through a whole thread, there it is again :)

Right now I'm reading "Worth the Drive" which I did pay $0.99 for. It involved golf, and those of you who know me from the Women's Room know I love golf almost as much as I love cats, so I didn't mind paying a buck for it. It's good! And over 900 pages, which ain't bad for a buck! When I was looking for it, I realized the first book in the series (I think it's called Worth the Wait) is free! I downloaded it but I haven't read it yet. Had to get right to the golf-related book!

Anyway, if you haven't signed up for bookbub, I recommend it! Some days none of the books in the email are free, and lots of days I don't download anything, but I've got such a backlog now it will take me quite a while to get through all the free books waiting for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread