• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ebooks: Good? Bad? Free!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Darn.......maybe Dusty can help on that one. When I connect my Kinndle to the computer and open the book folder non of them have names...just letters and number :confused: The one I sent you came off of my Amazon archive.

My DH is grateful that we won't have to get another bookcase for the storage room........LOL

Glad to help out yo vapo :):)

Maybe Amazon puts some form of encryption that makes it accessible only from your account?! Not sure as I don't use it..

Have you tried browsing into the Letter/Number folders Fudgey? The books may be within them. Again not having used a Kindle, I don't know how it arranges the files on the computer.

As for our Darling spouses, my wife feels the same. Five 6-foot bookcases were where she drew the line. So, I started stacking some of my books side-ways. Deceptively space saving. ;)

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Do I correctly assume this means what [books] are good or bad as well as outlets?

Once Fudgey showed me how to do Kindle books on my iPad (why am I not surprised? There is an app for everything), I did a search for historical fiction freebies. One popped out called <i>The Haight</i> by Karin Bishop. (Or maybe it was at one of those "freebie of the day" places listed in this thread (Pixel of Ink), and I just got lucky; I don't remember. I see it's $9.99 at Amazon now, free for prime members). ..................

ok, my first question :)

if you get a book for free does that mean you can give it to friends?

thanks

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
my best friend called me today and told me she is sending me her 1 yr old nook color because she got an ipad! I'm so excited, I better go find out about them. I know nothing......

That's awesome!!!

Not sure about sharing from a Nook. I am trying to figure out how to do it with the Kindle. I know you can lend one for 14 days but sometimes that's not long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread