• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ebooks: Good? Bad? Free!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
hey! I got the nook from my friend today. whoo hoo

I charged it and I noticed the part of the charger that goes in the wall (not the cord) got HOT. like REALLY hot! I know ecig people would say get a new one. do your chargers get hot? I also noticed the the battery on the nook discharged fast (I charged it til the light was green this afternoon but after about 5 hours (and it slept some of that) it was down to 35%.) I hope it is just the charger because the rep at B&N told me when I called that nook batteries are not replaceable! is that true?

thanks!

Last edited:

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey if you guys PM me your e-mail addys I can give you download links to my Library. I have about 10k books in my online storage, they are in zip files by author (A-H, I-P and Q-Z) all are in .epub format but if you have Calibre you can convert them to any format you like.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
now that I found out the battery can't be replaced, I am hoping the problem is the charger

the nook FAQ say the battery has to be replaced by a service tech, so either the guy on the phone was wrong or the FAQ is wrong

I'll be calling a service tech in the morning.

but I am still thrilled to have it :)

Did you find out anything??

Hey if you guys PM me your e-mail addys I can give you download links to my Library. I have about 10k books in my online storage, they are in zip files by author (A-H, I-P and Q-Z) all are in .epub format but if you have Calibre you can convert them to any format you like.

You're awesome!!

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
All set up now, I hope you guys enjoy. I'll try and keep the server on line as much as possible.

My Library
Password - e1b0

1. Epub - You can download individual books sorted by author name
2. Epub Zip - You can download all books in 3 rar files
3. Mobi - You can download individual books sorted by author name
4. Mobi Zip - You can download all books in 3 rar files

Check with your device to figure out what format you can use.

To open the .rar files you will need winrar or any other software that can open them.
I also recommend Calibre make it easy to keep track of 10k+ books.
And lastly don't judge me because it may or may not be some strange book in there:glare::facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread