• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ebooks: Good? Bad? Free!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
All set up now, I hope you guys enjoy. I'll try and keep the server on line as much as possible.

My Library
Password - e1b0

1. Epub - You can download individual books sorted by author name
2. Epub Zip - You can download all books in 3 rar files
3. Mobi - You can download individual books sorted by author name
4. Mobi Zip - You can download all books in 3 rar files

Check with your device to figure out what format you can use.

To open the .rar files you will need winrar or any other software that can open them.
I also recommend Calibre make it easy to keep track of 10k+ books.
And lastly don't judge me because it may or may not be some strange book in there:glare::facepalm:

Dude!! Way to go.. I hope your connection is stable, because I am downloading the whole da-yum shebang. I'm probably going to end up with some duplicates, but I don't have the time to sit and sort through them right now.

Thank you so much for setting this up.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
You sound like a happy camper Dusty! :laugh:

And hi geeks. :)

He has almost 8 times as many books as I have! Ya think?! :)

I'm set till I retire I think..even if there as some authors there that I don't know about. It'll be fun browsing his catalog.

Hey krazynavybiker, here's a request for ya. Can you track down ebooks by an author by the name of Jim Corbett? Late 1800's to early 1900's. Books dealt with hunting of Maneaters (Tigers and Leopards predominantly) in the jungles of Northern India. I own all of them in hardcover or paperback, but would love to have them in softcopy too. Makes for excellent rainy day reading. Note: Do not read these while camping in Indian jungles. Every single sound sets your nerves on edge. I speak from experience on this one. :facepalm:

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
He has almost 8 times as many books as I have! Ya think?! :)

I'm set till I retire I think..even if there as some authors there that I don't know about. It'll be fun browsing his catalog.

Hey krazynavybiker, here's a request for ya. Can you track down ebooks by an author by the name of Jim Corbett? Late 1800's to early 1900's. Books dealt with hunting of Maneaters (Tigers and Leopards predominantly) in the jungles of Northern India. I own all of them in hardcover or paperback, but would love to have them in softcopy too. Makes for excellent rainy day reading. Note: Do not read these while camping in Indian jungles. Every single sound sets your nerves on edge. I speak from experience on this one. :facepalm:

I'll see what I can do.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
All set up now, I hope you guys enjoy. I'll try and keep the server on line as much as possible.

My Library
Password - e1b0

1. Epub - You can download individual books sorted by author name
2. Epub Zip - You can download all books in 3 rar files
3. Mobi - You can download individual books sorted by author name
4. Mobi Zip - You can download all books in 3 rar files

Check with your device to figure out what format you can use.

To open the .rar files you will need winrar or any other software that can open them.
I also recommend Calibre make it easy to keep track of 10k+ books.
And lastly don't judge me because it may or may not be some strange book in there:glare::facepalm:

Trying again.....

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Added in both formats from Jim Corbett,

Man-eaters of Kumaon
The Man-eating Leopard of Rudraprayag
My India
The Temple Tiger and more man-eaters of Kumaon
Tree Tops
Jungle Lore

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
When ever I add new books they will only be added to the epub and mobi folders. I will not be adding new books to the zip folders, just go back through the thread to find out what books are not in the zip folders if you want to stay up to date with everything I have.

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I know this is terrible to ask. :facepalm:

But is there anyway to make a new folder for the new additions...yes I know that is so bad to ask!!

I would do that but as the new additions folder grows it would start to eat away at space. The reason is I would have to have 3 of each file 1 for the epub, 1 for the mobi and 1 for the new additions. For my sanity I need to keep it down to 2 files for each book. The folders you guys are seeing are the folders my Calibre created. After I add a new book to the software it converts it and then put it in the proper folder.

I hope all that was not just a bunch of mumble jumble, I've been knocking back colds ones for the past few hours :facepalm:

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's okay,,,thought I'd ask because I'll never remember what was there and what is new!!

My problem though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And enjoy but not too many. :)

That's why I'll list the new stuff in this thread like i did with the last two new authors.

I'll use this format from now on that should help with keeping up :)

NEW ADDITIONS DATE

AUTHOR

TITLE

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I feel so lost...how do you get these into your kindle ? (crazynavybiker's stuff)
I got mine over a year ago and don't remember how I got the free books into it then :(

I was about to ask the same question, new nook owner here!

Well I know how to take them off the computer and put them on the Kindle. It's like moving them from drive to another.

I would like to know how to move them from the Kindle to the computer though.

You should beable to just plug your device up to your computer via usb and drag and drop. That's both ways. I'll see what I can find on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread