Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Ah. Two hours is a bit short. I mean if I won and was tied up at work and came back 2.5 hours later.... I'd be bummed. Could I suggest you give them 24 hours - that's the common time frame I've seen and does give folk a chance to check in.

I couldn't agree with you more... :)

I was was gonna bring up the subject, but you beat me to it!!

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Ah. Two hours is a bit short. I mean if I won and was tied up at work and came back 2.5 hours later.... I'd be bummed. Could I suggest you give them 24 hours - that's the common time frame I've seen and does give folk a chance to check in.

I agree with this. We know what time the contest ends, but we don't know when the winner is going to be announced. We all have responsibilities, and can't be at our computers 24 hours a day. Even though I checked this thread several times yesterday, I didn't see the winner announcement until at least four hours later. If I had been the winner, I would have lost my prize.

24 to 48 hours would be much fairer IMO.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I agree with this. We know what time the contest ends, but we don't know when the winner is going to be announced. We all have responsibilities, and can't be at our computers 24 hours a day. Even though I checked this thread several times yesterday, I didn't see the winner announcement until at least four hours later. If I had been the winner, I would have lost my prize.

24 to 48 hours would be much fairer IMO.

Agreed. I wasn't the winner but was feeling quite panicky when I saw that Rick only had 2 hours to claim the prize :ohmy:
Glad it worked out though:)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
My birthday is May 19th. Can I start feeling less guilty now? :blush:

No!!!:p :p :p LOL Congrats again :)

Although - "You" by passed "My" post and since May 4th was "My" Birthday & May 5th was "JoanJ". . .
NO ! ! ! :img: :p :lol:

Especially, since the very next post #270 was mine . . . :(

However - :bday: and again - Congrats :thumbs:
(Hopefully - Ya' do know I'm playing with "You" - notice SIG line . . . ;))

Agreed - Just giving some only a couple of hours is really expecting a lot when people have other things to do, as "You" know "Stuff" happens . . . IMO - A 24-48 hours is more reasonable time limit . . . Just Sayin' . . . :)

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Congrats Rick!! Your posts were quite entertaining!!!! :thumbs:

Happy Belated Birthday to both Joan and Uncle!!! :bday:

And of course, Thanks to Dlite and Vapealicious for the fun contest and chance to win!!! :party:

I do have to agree on the short 2 hour time frame ... as others have mentioned, with no clear time frame for the drawing, the different time zones and life in general, 2 hours does not provide ANY real leeway IMHO. This is the first opportunity I have had to check the thread at all today just as an example. :)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Agreed. I wasn't the winner but was feeling quite panicky when I saw that Rick only had 2 hours to claim the prize :ohmy:

You weren't the only one! We all suffer from "life happens." I almost had a fit getting the PM and post done when I was able to get back and check on what was going on.

Glad it worked out though:)

Ultimately, that's what happened. :) No ganging up on D please!

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
snooze you lose....

if the contest posted an end time for the winner to be listed, 2 hours is great.

But with the long wait on this contest a 24 hour is more than enough time.

anything more than that is just being lazy on the winners side.

If life happens, oh well, it's a game of chance or luck and if you win and a bit of bad luck hits you.

Oh well. Let someone else win it.

it works both ways..

The school of hard knocks.

Just my 2 cents, we be too easy on everyone.]

set rules and follow them.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Uncle, I had you figured out ages ago! :D

YEA - Right . . . Now handover that RED Pipe . . .
bth_AnimatedGIF-BigGrinSmiley.gif

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
I think whatever time frame the vendor chooses is fine. But I also think that it should only apply if the drawing is held on time with the time zone noted and that it should be posted on the main contest announcement page. That way we know all the rules before deciding to enter. I don't know if they do, but everyone who enters should read the main announcement beforehand. Even if the announcement included something like: winner will have until 6 pm whatever time zone on whatever day to claim their prize or another will be chosen would work because that would at least prompt everyone to check before then.

The vendors that are generous enough to offer contests should at least be allowed to set the rules as they choose but they also need to be clear up front just what the rules are. Then it is up to the contestants as to whether they enter or not. I have never seen contestants not enter any contest because of this sort of thing. I am just happy that this contest was on ECF and not facebook, twitter or wherever else as I don't do any of those things and I really and truly appreciate the vendors that do contests for ECF members on the ECF site and there only.

Thank you again DLite and Vapealicious for this fantastic contest. I think I can safely say that each and every one of us would have liked to have won this one but I don't think any of us can say that even though we didn't win, that we didn't have a really fun time. Thanks.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I think whatever time frame the vendor chooses is fine. But I also think that it should only apply if the drawing is held on time with the time zone noted and that it should be posted on the main contest announcement page. That way we know all the rules before deciding to enter. I don't know if they do, but everyone who enters should read the main announcement beforehand. Even if the announcement included something like: winner will have until 6 pm whatever time zone on whatever day to claim their prize or another will be chosen would work because that would at least prompt everyone to check before then.

The vendors that are generous enough to offer contests should at least be allowed to set the rules as they choose but they also need to be clear up front just what the rules are. Then it is up to the contestants as to whether they enter or not. I have never seen contestants not enter any contest because of this sort of thing. I am just happy that this contest was on ECF and not facebook, twitter or wherever else as I don't do any of those things and I really and truly appreciate the vendors that do contests for ECF members on the ECF site and there only.

Thank you again DLite and Vapealicious for this fantastic contest. I think I can safely say that each and every one of us would have liked to have won this one but I don't think any of us can say that even though we didn't win, that we didn't have a really fun time. Thanks.

AH -The clearheaded smart one has spoken and so eloquently too . . .:thumbs:

Must Be Her "AGE " . . . ;) :img: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread