Status
Not open for further replies.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I got my TFV4 last night when the lady down the road got home from work and found it on her doorstep. (Typical FEDEX, always leaving packages at the wrong house, but luckily, she knew who I was, and was honest enough to bring it to me). Anyway, is there anyone else who can't get it open to fill it?

My top cap is really stuck. The only way I can see to fill mine is to try to fill it through the tank by taking the whole top off. My husband and I can't get it open by pushing down and turning it counter clockwise.
image.jpg

Maybe use a nail file or small flat head screwdriver to try and pry it open.
image.jpg

It could be that the rubber seal is in wrong.
image.jpg

If it's in correctly it will look like this. If there's a small bump it, it's in wrong, flip it over and see if that solves the problem.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Thanks for the tips. I can't get the top to turn at all, so I can't check the inside. At least now I know how it's supposed to work, so I can try a screwdriver.

edit: Yes, it worked!!! Thank you so much! I have a little hammer tool with nesting screwdrivers and things inside. The only thing that fit was the round pointy thing in the set. I tried using that, and after a little resistance, it opened!!! I probably wouldn't have gotten it without your pictures.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

jpbavaro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2015
Pennsylvania

Think I'm gonna pick up a new mod when either my taxes or the insurance check I'm waiting on comes in. (Which will hopefully be tomorrow) no idea what to get though. Something at least 150w though that's less than $130. Lol

If you are up for winding your own coils, the tf-r1 head should fit the tfv4 mini, and is an easy-to-use setup (good space, doesn't require three hands). I've got a 1 ohm coil on mine, it could readily have higher resistance, but I wanted to try a twisted (double) wire.
(Waiting on my tfv4 mini -- sounds like I'll see at least a FedEx message in a day or two :) )

I used the rebuildable clapton. I could use the coil that came in it, fired at 42w. But it leaked like crazy, no matter how I wicked it. And when it didn't leak, it tasted burnt. So I tried a 28g parallel 6 wrap, and now it's not leaking, but it tastes burnt. Tried more cotton. Less cotton. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It's frustrating. Went back to my dripper until I either fix it by some miracle, or get a box that can run the stock coils. Ugh. Lol. Flying through juice again.

That's because purple is the best color ever lol

Yes, yes it is! My favorite color. Lol.

Reactions: anjelvape77

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Thanks for the tips. I can't get the top to turn at all, so I can't check the inside. At least now I know how it's supposed to work, so I can try a screwdriver.

edit: Yes, it worked!!! Thank you so much! I have a little hammer tool with nesting screwdrivers and things inside. The only thing that fit was the round pointy thing in the set. I tried using that, and after a little resistance, it opened!!! I probably wouldn't have gotten it without your pictures.
Hey Kathi,long time no see haha.Mine was a major pita to get the top open the first time too,but now that i've had it open 3 or 4 times,it's starting to open easier,just a firm push right where it clicks together will pop it open now,so i would open and close it a few times,and it should start to get easier.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Think I'm gonna pick up a new mod when either my taxes or the insurance check I'm waiting on comes in. (Which will hopefully be tomorrow) no idea what to get though. Something at least 150w though that's less than $130. Lol
A nice mod well under $130 is the Sigelei 150tc,i got mine under $70 shipped out of New York.Another nice one is the Wismec Rx200,you can find it for $40 and it will go to 200 watts.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Hey Kathi,long time no see haha.Mine was a major pita to get the top open the first time too,but now that i've had it open 3 or 4 times,it's starting to open easier,just a firm push right where it clicks together will pop it open now,so i would open and close it a few times,and it should start to get easier.

Hi BM, yeah, it's been a while. I've been really busy with my mother, plus, I had to build and decorate two large dollhouses for my grandsons for their action figures, (not girly ones), for Christmas, plus building three rooms worth of dollhouse furniture for my granddaughter. I worked night and day for months to get everything done in time. While doing that, I got back onto the miniature forums I used to be on, and that took away my internet time.

There are a lot of new vaping things available since I was on here last, now I need to make some extra money!

Ooops, almost forgot to mention, thanks for the heads up on the topper getting easier to open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread