Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
...This thread is not the Live Chat...

Information for using and getting into the Live Chat is in the first post:

Link to the first post :
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/123739-ecf-live-chat.html#post1918657

Also :
113055d1341108755-ecf-live-chat-ecf-stats.png

Aims02

• Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Spamming for post count

Aims02

• Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Spamming for post count
I used to be on IRC but for personal reasons I can't go back on there anymore. I'm not adverse to InSpeak or Skype though. Perhaps having a few options for those of us who can't use IRC? Just a suggestion. If not that's okay, a forum would be just as good and I can get all the information I need. I do like the idea of being able to chat with some ladies in a chat setting regarding vaping, though. Cheers.

shawnphase

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
TSSBAY01
irc is down again :( we have been having problems with the stability of the irc for a few weeks now at the least, ever since this attack that happened recently. is there any desire within the administrators of the site to move the irc to an established server? running an irc server is an unnecessary expense and time investment because there are so many stable servers already out there. i understand the concern for having control over the channel, but using a server with chanserv would alleviate that problem. please consider moving #ecf to one of the larger irc networks, not only for the users and better uptimes, but because its less to have to deal with for those of you who are admins.

JMak642

Jun 6, 2014
Virginia
I agree with shawnphase, please consider giving up the privately hosted IRC in favor of one of the public IRC networks. Unless the server is being run by someone with a serious security background, its just a target for irc "hackers" to exploit. Unfortunately I have to put it in quotes, because even children with scripts and software written by semi-legitimate "hackers" are able to cause serious problems on IRC. Quotes again because the people that write these scripts and software are just relying on exploits that have been found and documented by real hackers. There just isn't any reason to try to stand up your own IRC server, with networks like efnet, dalnet, freenode, and undernet, plus the 20 or 30 other smaller networks giving it away stable and free.

Just my $.02, but I've spent my share of time on IRC back to the old days when internet speed was measured in kbps, and I just can't justify in my head running a private IRC server to support 3 channels. If someone is being a problem, just banning them from a channel should reasonably prevent them from continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread