Ecig Explodes in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
According to officials, the man was sitting with his family last month when the end of the e-cig blew off, striking him in the stomach before ricocheting against a wall.

Another piece of the cigarette hit him in the face, causing severe facial trauma, the loss of teeth and a broken jaw.

Doesn't say exactly what he was using at the time, but from one shot during the video they show the remains of it. Looks like a mech mod with a black subtank on it?

Local man severely injured after e-cigarette explodes

m1ke

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
North East USA
Doesn't say exactly what he was using at the time, but from one shot during the video they show the remains of it. Looks like a mech mod with a black subtank on it?

Yea, I would just say don't bother putting tanks on mechs. Majority of these news stories seem to be that configuration.

Reactions: Acer50

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Correct me if I am mistaken. It seems to me that most of these ecigs that cause problems are the old category 1 vapes ego 2 style. The only time in 5 years of vaping I have only had one issue with a mod and that was an Smy 180 God Mod which had a faulty charging circuit and vented the battery. Now with my Efest LUC 4 charger I have never had a problem with an 18650 or a 26650 battery. My partner even had AA bateries vent on her when she accidentally short circuit them. No one ever hears of rechargeable tourch batteries going haywire but when it comes to vape batteries the proverbial hits the media fan. Personally I am getting quite peeved at this sort of publicity.

Sent From Anywhere I am

Reactions: Verb

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
It is inevitable that people want to cut corners to save money. Also, their is no real demand for safety or quality control. So many times I have heard people say, "I can buy three for the price of that one mod".

The explosions keep coming up in the press because people are either lazy or stupid in their actions. That is why some feel it has to be managed.

Drama sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread