Not open for further replies.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Subscribing... I'm looking forward to seeing how these turn out. Hopefully they'll be similar to the VZ ones. For me, before VZ came along it was a matter of buying 10 tobacco flavors to find a couple that I sort of like. With VZ it's been: buy some tobaccos, try a first mix, and really enjoy it. Fingers crossed for more of that.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
The flavors I got are RY4 and Cherry Cigar. I mixed at 2% and after 6 hours tried the cherry cigar just now--more cherry less cigar at this percentage. I think I might need a slightly higher percentage or more steep time to really assess properly. It smells good and tastes good--its just a little diffused at this point. Might have to bump it to 2.5 or 3%.

The RY4 I bought to compare with other RY4's I have. My husband will be vaping that one. Will post again when I have more time to assess both.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Subscribing... I'm looking forward to seeing how these turn out. Hopefully they'll be similar to the VZ ones. For me, before VZ came along it was a matter of buying 10 tobacco flavors to find a couple that I sort of like. With VZ it's been: buy some tobaccos, try a first mix, and really enjoy it. Fingers crossed for more of that.

I agree about the VZ. It has been very pleasant to try so many flavors and actually like most of them.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
The flavors I got are RY4 and Cherry Cigar. I mixed at 2% and after 6 hours tried the cherry cigar just now--more cherry less cigar at this percentage. I think I might need a slightly higher percentage or more steep time to really assess properly. It smells good and tastes good--its just a little diffused at this point. Might have to bump it to 2.5 or 3%.

The RY4 I bought to compare with other RY4's I have. My husband will be vaping that one. Will post again when I have more time to assess both.

I'm waiting with bated breath to hear your assessment of the RY4. Reaction to the VZ version seems to be lukewarm so far, at least in comparison to their other tobaccos. Since you say you have several I'd also be curious to know which are your favorites thus far and why.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I love this DIY vendor. They have very fair prices IMO for EM & Menthol crystals. Picked up both. Got my items in about 3 or 4 days. Not bad at all considering they're clear across the country from me!!

LOOOOOOOOVE their colored dropper bottles. Very cute. I don't use them too often now though as they're nice but can be inconvienant. The bottles cannot handle heat. For example if you are dissolving EM using one, be very careful it's not too hot. The bottles will warp.

Tried Flavor West though them. FW not bad, but not the strongest flavors. It's cool they are a Capella re-seller but I prefer to just go straight though to Capella. Double Dutch is defiantly a "Chocolate" Not so much Hershey but... very much a distinct chocolate. Reminds me of some note I remember tasting in sweet-vape's chocolate fudge brownie.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I really like them as well. I just managed to do a order with them. I ordered 2 of my favorites and 4 others to try. I was going to buy more but want to wait till they have some non tobacco flavors. I only tried Capellas waffle and chocolate. I am not totally into the fluffy flavors but I do like FA oba oba and Flavor apprentice caramel capp.

Date Ordered: 04/08/2012

Detailed Invoice:

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Tobacco Express French Pipe 10ml (TE-FRPIPE) = $3.99
1 x Tobacco Express Cigar 10ml (TE-CIGAR) = $3.99
1 x Tobacco Express Cherry Cigar 10ml (TE-CCIGAR) = $3.99
1 x Tobacco Express RY4 10ml (TE-RY4) = $3.99
1 x Tobacco Express DJ Rum 10ml (TE-DJRUM) = $3.99
1 x Tobacco Express Nport 10ml (TE-NPORT) = $3.99
------------------------------------------------------

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I'm waiting with bated breath to hear your assessment of the RY4. Reaction to the VZ version seems to be lukewarm so far, at least in comparison to their other tobaccos. Since you say you have several I'd also be curious to know which are your favorites thus far and why.

To be honest I haven't had anything but a lukewarm response to any RY4 flavoring so far as a standalone. For me, they all need help...lol

The perfect RY4 is elusive and probably very subjective. The term itself can cover a very wide range. The best I have attained with an RY4 "effect" is to create my own version with a tobacco base I like and a candyish caramel or EM (works pretty much the same) to soften/moisten it and a just a little touch of vanilla. If I'm feeling the need to taste more complexity, from there I might add a little chocolate or even a little marshmallow to make sure the vanilla isn't overpowering . I like my RY4 to have a detectable sweet caramel-ish edge and rich background while still allowing for that tobacco base. This is no easy task and takes some playing around. So what you could be perfectly content with-- I might not be-- so its hard to give advice on RY4. Some days my idea of RY4 (really its more like malty) is nic base a little EM--maybe a touch of caramel and nothing else. I just like to mix it up like crazy some days and then have those times where I let my tastebuds relax on something very light.

Back to the flavorings-- Bumped to 2.5% on the Ry4--my husband likes it. He's easy--I'm more fussy. I tried it and to me its just ok on its own much like my opinion on other Ry4's--but you might love it and that's for you to decide. These often taste better after a week. Vaping the cherry cigar again bumped to 2.5%-- I like it bunches !! ECX done good!!

Sorry to prattle on, if you have anymore questions PM me. I look forward to hearing more opinions as they roll in and really excited to hear what else they have ordered.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
To be honest I haven't had anything but a lukewarm response to any RY4 flavoring so far as a standalone. For me, they all need help...lol

The perfect RY4 is elusive and probably very subjective. The term itself can cover a very wide range. The best I have attained with an RY4 "effect" is to create my own version with a tobacco base I like and a candyish caramel or EM (works pretty much the same) to soften/moisten it and a just a little touch of vanilla. If I'm feeling the need to taste more complexity, from there I might add a little chocolate or even a little marshmallow to make sure the vanilla isn't overpowering . I like my RY4 to have a detectable sweet caramel-ish edge and rich background while still allowing for that tobacco base. This is no easy task and takes some playing around. So what you could be perfectly content with-- I might not be-- so its hard to give advice on RY4. Some days my idea of RY4 (really its more like malty) is nic base a little EM--maybe a touch of caramel and nothing else. I just like to mix it up like crazy some days and then have those times where I let my tastebuds relax on something very light.

Back to the flavorings-- Bumped to 2.5% on the Ry4--my husband likes it. He's easy--I'm more fussy. I tried it and to me its just ok on its own much like my opinion on other Ry4's--but you might love it and that's for you to decide. These often taste better after a week. Vaping the cherry cigar again bumped to 2.5%-- I like it bunches !! ECX done good!!

Sorry to prattle on, if you have anymore questions PM me. I look forward to hearing more opinions as they roll in and really excited to hear what else they have ordered.

Thanks so much for the info on the RY4. Mine should arrive tomorrow .. they shipped it the day I ordered it, on Friday .. I love how fast they always ship! From the sounds of what you wrote, and since I am a caramel-candy person anyway, I plan to first mix it and try it as a standalone but won't be surprised if I end up adding a little Caramel Candy and perhaps some Sweet Cream to it too.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta

Thanks for the thorough response, makes perfect sense to me. What is RY4 anyway, lol? Your post made me realize that I'm probably now after two things, two distinct RY4's if you will.

My first Dekang RY4 I had when I started vaping two years ago was a pleasant, simple mild tobacco flavor on inhale and an extremely subtle lightly sweet hint of caramel on exhale, just barely noticeable, not candy or dessert-like by any means. Subsequent Dekang RY4s I got only tobacco from, even if they were nice enough vapes. A few domestic RY4s I tried were just something else entirely, almost no resemblance at all though I liked some of them okay. Recently I ordered an ECBlend RY4 that reminds me of that first Dekang in many ways except it's much less of a tobacco flavor, and much more of a caramel/marshmallow/vanilla dessert both on inhale on exhale, and it's much more aromatic, though pleasantly so(after airing out and steeping that is). I really like it, but could never vape it for an extended period or it becomes a bit much. For 15 or 20 minutes here and there however, like before bed, it's an almost euphoric sensory experience, lol. I'll probably stick with that for a while and try to figure out how to get that more tobacco less dessert/candy RY4 flavor I'm also looking for by DIY, maybe by using one of these new RY4 concentrates and doctoring it as you describe, or from scratch with tobacco, caramel, vanilla, etc. I'll probably be hitting you up for tips.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Here is the list :)

These are the flavors on the way:

> Pina Colada
> Strawberry
> Blueberry
> Blackberry
> Grape
> Apple
> Mango
> Cherry
> Orange
> Lemon
> Banana
> Coconut
> Melon
> Peach
> Raspberry
> Chocolate
> Vanilla
> Clove
> Doublemint
> Caramel Mocha
> Rum
> Amaretto
> Pineapple
> Black & Mile

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Is anyone in a position yet to make any head to head comparisons between these ECX and their VZ competition in this new highly concentrated flavorings arena?
Not yet! I have only tried 3 flavors from VZ. I don't think it is a competition. The flavorings are not proprietary items. If I had the funding I could order them right now from China. :)

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
Not yet! I have only tried 3 flavors from VZ. I don't think it is a competition. The flavorings are not proprietary items. If I had the funding I could order them right now from China. :)

Well if they both get excellent reviews(and the VZ flavors already have for the most part), and there is some overlap in flavors offered, then I view it as a competition, for my dollar at least. But that's a good thing, as a consumer I love competition.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread