Status
Not open for further replies.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
Oh boy! I am going to have to break down and get some of the RY4 before the sale ends tomorrow.
Our tastes sound very similar. Thanks for keeping us updated with your thoughts.

The amount of Sweet Cream that I used makes it pretty sweet .. but I like "sweet" .. and I prefer a creamy tasting sweet much more than I like EM. Now that I've gotten use to the RY4 tobacco taste I do think I will increase the RY4 part for the next bottle I make. I'm leaving on a 2 1/2 wk trip to Europe, so I'm DIYing lots of juice to take with me.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Do let us know your thoughts on the B&M. I know that you are a pretty good judge on the tobacco flavors.
I am going to mix tonight. I purchased Newport, DJrum, cherry cigar, cigar, french pipe, and RY4. My other samples are being gifted to a special friend in Kansas. I know she has been having problems finding a good tobacco flavor. I am hoping she can find something out of my selection. I was waiting for today so I could send her a very small sample of the B&M. :)

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
I am going to mix tonight. I purchased Newport, DJrum, cherry cigar, cigar, french pipe, and RY4. My other samples are being gifted to a special friend in Kansas. I know she has been having problems finding a good tobacco flavor. I am hoping she can find something out of my selection. I was waiting for today so I could send her a very small sample of the B&M. :)

Oh goodie, cant wait to see what you think of the RY4 and will especially be waiting to hear what % you mixed yours at .. I'm a total novice with RY4 (as if you couldnt already tell :D

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
The amount of Sweet Cream that I used makes it pretty sweet .. but I like "sweet" .. and I prefer a creamy tasting sweet much more than I like EM. Now that I've gotten use to the RY4 tobacco taste I do think I will increase the RY4 part for the next bottle I make. I'm leaving on a 2 1/2 wk trip to Europe, so I'm DIYing lots of juice to take with me.

Oh, we are so much alike. I do not care for EM at all. It tastes chemical to me. I use marshmallow, sweet cream, white chocolate, bavarian cream and vanilla custard to add sweetness and depth to my flavors.

I am going to order the RY4 lol I know that I will like it.

BTW- I also like my flavors light :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I do not vape tobacco flavors and am looking forward to hearing about some of the sweets and fruits when they come.

Me too! I am very anxious to try them. I like the candy type fruit flavors but I really like the flavors that taste more like real fruit too.

Either way, I love the fact that I am able to use such a small amount of flavoring to get desired results. It is so much easier on my cartos and I am just more comfortable not using large amounts of flavoring for now.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
just got my order in of TE ry4 and mixed up 10ml of it. wanted to try it right away and so far it's tasting extremely floral. did anyone else experience that? will it go away with steeping? more/less flavor? I used .2 ml for a 10ml bottle at 2%

I made my first bottle of RY4 with less than you did and I about keeled over and died LOL. For my 2nd bottle I mixed 2 drops of RY4 in 6 ml of VG/PG and it was much better. I even made a 6 ml bottle with just one drop of RY4 and 2 drops of Sweet Cream and I vaped that 6ml one up in 1/2 day. I never tasted any floral in any of my bottles, but I am dont know anything about RY4 or what it's suppose to taste like or not taste like :D

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
I didn't taste floral. However, I did let it steep. :)

I vaped mine 10 mins after I made it LOL, didnt taste any floral. Then I did let a 6ml bottle steep for 2 whole days and no floral taste in that one either. Other than the very first bottle I've made all of mine very weak.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Okay I mixed the black n mild. This is not the vanilla version. This is the wine type/maybe slight maple like taste. If anyone has ever smelled Crystal Clear vaping version and tried it will know what I am talking about. I really thought this one would be the vanilla tone but it is not. I will have to ask them to get the black n mild vanilla flavoring. I just wanted everyone to know. I only like black n mild with the vanilla. I cannot review something I don't like. :) However, I must remember that whenever I order from a vendor to ask. This was a sample that was with my order.

I think we need a swap thread. :)

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
hmmm, I guess I'll let this bottle steep and maybe mix up another with less flavor to try as well. I'm still new to this whole DIY thing =]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sometimes with DIY it has variables depending on the quality of vg, pg and nicotine base. For my mixes with these flavors I have been using drops until I can get some clean syringes. LOL maybe this weekend.

The RY4 seems very concentrated. It can be compared to flavor apprentice caramel cappuccino. Allot of folks will mix that to high when one only needs one drop per 10ml. Yes, it is that concentrated. My observation with RY4s is the caramel aspect is it is best to mix low and then adjust.

Last edited:

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta

Looking forward to hearing your opinions on these, especially the RY4 and French Pipe.

By the way, is the DJ Rum meant to be a rum flavor, or Clove(as in Djarum)? Interesting choice of flavor name but it left me scratching my head and it wasn't clear to me from the description on the ECX site.

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
LOL I had to fill a new cart with it. Upon inhale I get a more prominent flavor of caramel then tobacco with a slight vanilla. I think it balances out nicely for myself. I did bump it up to 2% on this flavor. The first 1% I mixed up a 15ml and blew through that in less than 3 days. I usually don't vape this much...I mixed this lower than my usual at 24mg and 80/20 base. I added nothing else. I am partial to caramel since I love TPA caramel capp.
This flavor I reviewed already. I am out of the flavoring so I did another order.

Anyone out there ever try Crystal Clear vaping black n mild version?

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Looking forward to hearing your opinions on these, especially the RY4 and French Pipe.

By the way, is the DJ Rum meant to be a rum flavor, or Clove(as in Djarum)? Interesting choice of flavor name but it left me scratching my head and it wasn't clear to me from the description on the ECX site.
It does not smell like a clove. :) I just mixed dj rum and French pipe.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I am sampling the French Pipe right now. I have to say it is a rich dark tobacco flavor and not to sweet. I am vaping on a ce2 type carto at 4.8. I mixed at 2%. I am taking this one to work with me this weekend.

I still have not tried the djrum so cannot tell if its a clove thus far. I will try tonight. I wish I could try these flavors on a atty but I have a aversion to them.

I also have a aversion to overly sweet tobacco flavors like the black n mild. I think allot of people will like it. Today it smells like it has chocolate in it but I will wait for ecx to get the black n mild vanilla tone version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread