• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ecigforlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Has anyone heard of Ecigforlife?

It is an Australian vape online store which is selling vape gear at absurdly high prices to prey on new and ignorant customers who are making the transition from smoking to vaping. It relies on the customer having absolutely no knowledge of the market prices for items. For example, the vendor is selling AOI kits for $113.62 (where he gets the 62 cents is anyone's guess but I would say it's his attempt to make the prices seem legitimate. Kanger Subox mini kits for $136.63 and Aspire K1 Kits, wait for it, for $109.99! He is selling American based e-liquids, Australian based E-liquids and his own homemade e-liquid for $40 to $50 a 30 ml bottle! All his prices are extraordinarily inflated.

This is the website:

Electronic Cigarette,Personal Vaporisers, E cigarette, Ecig, E cigarettes Australia, Vape, vaping

I know that there is nothing inherently illegal about any business in the marketplace charging extremely high prices on products. Usually, the market becomes informed and the reasonable person will not buy from an overpriced vendor. However, I believe this vendor has turned conning people out of their money into an art form. He is utterly unscrupulous. The testimonials, which there are numerous amounts of, are full of praise about the service, quality of products and yes, even the price! No doubt the testimonials are not real. This is where the vendor actually does cross the line between just an unfair but legal commercial undertaking and something a little more criminal.

I know that people have been scammed by him over the years because of accounts of people mentioning they purchased from his online store as long as 3 years ago and realizing they got duped later on. How this business managed to trade for that long is beyond me.

The other thing that concerns me is that when looking for general reviews, feedbacks or complaints about the vendor nothing really comes in the search results on google. Somehow the vendor has managed to ward off any negative feedback. Worse still, some of the praise filled reviews are showing in the first page of a google search so any newcomer to vaping would not be protected or informed about this business's malpractice and unscrupulous business dealings.

Hey Anthony,
I am a regular customer there mate. I am a lurker here in the forums but I made an account to reply to you. Look, they cop a lot of flack over their prices but they really do offer great service. I call them for any questions and they have been a massive help since I started vaping last year. Personally I am happy to pay more for a good service. I also know he hires a lot of people mate and wages are not cheap. The testimonials he has are legitimate. People are happy to stay with him. There are that many testimonials full of praise about the service and quality of product I don't get why you think they are all fake. I think it is just people like me are happy to pay more for quality service and product. If you like a brand of beer you pay more then the cheaper stuff right? It's just the way I see it mate and I don't feel ripped off at all. Not trying to start an argument here or anything, I just thought I would give you some insight into why I like them.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
It's a 300% to 400% mark up ! What service could the vendor offer that justifies this mark up that you find it is of a fair value?

Is he cleaning your car, doing your laundry and dry burning your coils for you? Do you get a free overseas holiday every year?

That EGO AIO he is selling for $113 can be purchased for $35-$40. That new Eleaf Ester he is selling for $136 are retailing for $49.95 from other Australian vendors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread