Ecigs in Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveyj101

Jul 17, 2016
Moved here from the states when I was still a kid. Spent my adolescent years growing up here.

Just found out yesterday that selling ecig equipment and eliquid has been illegal here since 2014.

Just letting the forum know if anyone on this forum decides to travel here.
Hi guys,

I'm planning my second trip to Taipei for July 2016 holiday. Last time I was there, I was still smoking ciggies.

The above posts say it's ok to vape in Taiwan but no importing or selling is allowed.

My question... can i bring my own vape gear (tanks, mods, juice etc) with me? Will it be considered importing? I'll be staying for 3 weeks, so I'll need a deof juice for me & my other half.

I know the Australian customs side will be ok, just concerned about the Taiwan side.
:confused:

Anyone had recent experience with it?

Thanks in advance, :nun:

i live in Taiwan and travel in and out a lot, the item to watch out for is the nicotine (the drug). if you are carrying for personal use then you will be fine. what they are looking for is importers. there are plenty of online and physical shops where you can buy juice, parts etc

Reactions: LaraC

Calvin816

Oct 26, 2016
I'm a little late to this post but here are some information for vaping in Taiwan:
Selling and producing vaping products are illegal but for personal use, it is the same as smoking. As long as you vape in places that you can smoke, you're fine. I've had no trouble going in and out of customs there with my gears.

If memory serves me, you can legally have up to 80oz per year for personal use (which is about 80 30ml bottles per person). They do have vape shops in Taiwan as of 2 years ago. Some are under the radar operating out of the back of other shops. Some are wide open and they use quite a few licenses that technically allow them to operate. World Vape shop is one of the first. They sell e-juice with no nicotine in them legally over the counter and if you're a regular customer, some will sell you juices with nicotine under the counter. They are obviously a little more expensive then in the States (appromately $26-31US per 30ml bottle).

The further down south you go, the better chance you have to get vape stuff. Taipei is a little more hard nose and cracks down on sellers and shops a little more. Sometimes you can find guys at night markets selling e-juice but mostly out of suitcases. They tell you the juice is from the States and even have labels saying made in U.S., but they are not. Most of the e-juice in Taiwan are from China or Malaysia. It is really really horrible lol

Another thing, if you are vaping on the streets some people will try to dodge and side step just to get away from your vape. I hope this helps

dannyw78

Unresolved Status
Aug 6, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread